Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 07:02 PM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default All or Nothing?

Ok, this morning was one of the toughest mornings I've ever had on this journey and I'm upset at myself.

Since November 1, I've been getting up at 5:30am to walk for an hour. I have stuck to it every weekday the ENTIRE month. I'm very proud of myself. I even look forward to it.

This morning, my boyfriend set the alarm clock for 6:30am instead of 5:30am.... I missed my walk, I had to go to work.

I was so upset, I started to cry. I really felt like, "well, I can just forget doing this ever again."

I almost feel like I have obsessive compulsive disorder and now my pattern is broken, and I can't go on. It's so stupid.

I've seen myself do this with other things like when I blow a diet in the morning, I eat horribly for the rest of the day. BUT I've been getting better with that.

Now, I'm planning on getting up in the morning tomorrow but part of my head is saying, "what's the use?" So, what's the solution? What happens if this happens again? What happens if I get the flu and I can't walk for a week? How do you bounce back after a set-back you're not even responsible for?
Old 11-25-2002, 07:35 PM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default ALL!!!!!

Jessicca - you MUST find it in yourself to get up tomorrow and walk. You and I both know that tomorrow will dictate how this goes. I know about all or nothing attitudes. I am the queen. When we fail, it makes it so much easier to just give up. It's the excuse you've been waiting for. Jessicca, don't give up!! Don't take the easy way out. Not this time. I don't care what else you do tomorrow regarding your diet, but you MUST walk!!!!
Old 11-25-2002, 08:33 PM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Jessica...you woke up an hour before you had to every single morning for 24 days and you miss one day and you consider yourself a failure? Pardon me if I seem confused but I am! How can you even CONSIDER that level of effort "failing?"

Now, if you gave up just 'cause you overslept one morning, THAT would be a failure!

Consider your (_|_) kicked.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:08 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

failure???? jessica.. you're not even CLOSE to failure here!!!! even the most compulsive exercisers take a day off now and then. of course, it's their own choice. hmmmm. maybe that's part of it here? that the clock wasn't set right and you didn't get to make the choice of whether or not to exercise?

doesn't matter. here. try this. if someone else came to you with a similar situation, what would you say? would you be anywhere near as hard on that person as you're being on yourself? nope!!!!

you'd be supportive and kind, and tell that person to start over the next day.

soooo. why not be as kind and supportive of yourself??? you deserve it as well
Old 11-25-2002, 10:21 PM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Jessica,

You are far from a failure. It's really inspiring that you were able to get up & walk like that. I wish I could get my a$$ out of bed in time for work, let alone to walk.

And how do I face setbacks? I get back up on the horse.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:37 PM   #6  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Jessica you definately haven't failed. Chalk it up to sh!t happens and get your butt out the door tomorrow. Failure will be when YOU make the decision not to get up tomorrow. I don't think you are having obsessive compulsion disorder. Don't use that as an excuse. You really have done really, really well sticking with this exercise. Don't let one bad day blow it for you.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:02 AM   #7  

Is it possible there's more going on behind the scenes in your head than the fact that you missed one morning of walking? That perhaps you've been doing so well all month and are feeling like you're not seeing the results that you want? (personally, when I was doing a walking program I was disappointed with feeling it wasn't doing any good - I'm sure it was, but it just wasn't noticeable to me - it wasn't until I started lifting weights that I really started feeling like I was getting somewhere - but that's another story!)

I hope the previous messages got you out of that bed this morning at 5:30! Get back on that horse!

Pen
265/217/150ish
Old 11-26-2002, 11:49 AM   #8  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Ok, well here's the story.

Last night when I got home I was feeling pretty bummed so, I took the dog and actual went for the same run/walk I was scheduled to do that morning. I did a better time than I had ever done before and I got to see it at night (which was WAY different than 5:30am).

Now mind you, I dance on Monday nights, so I did this all before dance practice and still went to dance. I was pretty darn exhausted when I finally went to bed.

This morning, despite my brain willing me to keep under the warm covers, I did go for a walk. I was sooooo tired but I realized that I could do it and I decided that I would do it Thanksgiving day too.

So, yea for me! Thanks for being so supportive. I just hope next time I can get a better grip on reality.

--GJ
Old 11-26-2002, 12:16 PM   #9  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I am so proud of you!!! Way to Go!!!!!
Closed Thread