Old 01-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/seeticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Angry My body is being stubborn!!

I think the title says it all. Last week i lost a total of 11 pounds which is amazing!! Put 3 back on which im sure was water. Now that I have lost that 3 pounds of water weight im back at 280. I've been staying anywhere between 1500-1600 calories a day. Any suggestions??
Abruener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

How long has the stubbornness been going on? Are you exercising? Weight training?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:13 AM   #3  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

I don't know much of what I am doing myself, but I would say just hang in there. Now that you have lost water weight the fat loss is going to kick in and that takes longer.

Are you working out?
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:45 AM   #4  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Your title says it all--your body's being stubborn, but your mind is still moving straight ahead on your planned course. Sooner or later, your body's going to have to comply with where your mind and will are taking it.

Just keep on keepin' on with your caloric intake; the weight WILL drop. Some people just lose in different patterns. I know at least one person posting here counts her weight loss on a per-month basis because she goes through a couple of weeks of no loss, one week of moderate loss, and one week of "OMG, look at that!" loss. I lose in fits and starts too. You might be one of us.

If you've been working out heavily (especially if you've been lifting weights), you'll notice an uptick on the scale. Muscles repair themselves after strenuous exercise, and in order to do so, they need fluid; your body holds onto a little more water after vigorous exercise, so rather than look at it as a bad thing, try to see that little upward fluctuation as a sign of a thorough workout.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #5  
The Awesomest

S/C/G: 320/275/180

Height: 5'8

I would say it's not all that uncommon for you to have a week or so of stubborn scale syndrome after a big loss. Hang in there and it will start to move again soon. In the meantime, you can really help thingss along by drinking lots of water. That always helps me when the scale is being stubborn for me.
lifeasme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/seeticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
How long has the stubbornness been going on? Are you exercising? Weight training?
Its only been this past week. I walk about a mile or so everyday just a brisk walk before lunch at work. I'm thinking i need to do some more. No weight training though.
Abruener is offline   Reply With Quote