PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:27 AM   #1  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

Default Vent & Jelousy

I get Jelous with how hard it is to lose weight compared to someone normal, yeah I'm doing it, but I still get jelous that it's easier for others physically to lose weight. WE are constantly fighting an uphill battle at times.

Majority of the time, I lose without hiccup, other times I know I'm hormonally off. It happened in Sept/Nov/Jan my right ovary I think gets incredibly large cyst, we found one toward the end of my cycle in November and I knew cause I could feel it achey and I hadnt really lost well for about 2 weeks and hormonally I felt off. It happened again this month, where I get funky feeling, despite running 27 miles in one week and keeping to my calorie count I managed to gain/lose five pounds. I knew the cyst dissolved because all of a sudden I wasnt tender anymore, felt great emotionally/hormonally and managed to lose 4lbs in the last week as if my hard work finally paid for the last 2 weeks.

I know it's normal to need to vent and be jelous and at the end of the day, I just keep doing what I've been doing for a year and a half. I hope that this can help everyone understand that "no" it's not always easy but if you stick to your plan you will see results despite the hardship!

Thanks for the vent and super glad I'm back to normal this week!
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I agree. I see how people lose so easily and I am shocked that it's not hard for them and I don't understand why I can't get the same results.

But I try to remember it really is about OUR health, because it's not just weight loss that we're treating here.

Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

BTDT.

Glad you are feeling more normal this week.

And we're here kicking PCOS butt with ya!

Don't think you go at it alone, annoying and frustrating as PCOS can sometimes be. Like Rana said... it's more than just weight loss being treated here.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 01-14-2011 at 12:07 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #4  
Soon We'll Be Complete

Does it help if i tell you I'm VERY JEALOUS of what you have already achieved I love your spunk! Keep going girl you are an inspiration to many!
Just1More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I struggle with this A LOT. It's frustrating to me that, despite having put in the effort and lost the weight no matter what the PCOS odds, I didn't "Fix" myself, and I still have to exert more effort on a day-to-day basis than someone without PCOS. It's very upsetting, honestly.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
It's frustrating to me that, despite having put in the effort and lost the weight no matter what the PCOS odds, I didn't "Fix" myself, and I still have to exert more effort on a day-to-day basis than someone without PCOS.
Yup. I've shed my load of tears over that one. I guess I'm just over the crying. I've had the official dx 9(?) years now.

It isn't fair, you don't ASK for PCOS, it sucks, you take so many emotional dings on that front and there's the physical symptoms and just..... Bah.

At least I know I'm not crazy. I used to wonder before the dx and it would piss me off when I would INSIST there was something not right and docs would blow me off like I was some kind of student hypochondriac or something.

Bless that nurse practioner who took me aside and quielty told me that while I was still checking out "normal" she felt I ought to know that it was "low end normal" and to keep an eye out in case it took another dip. The doc didn't tell me that. He told me I was normal and just sent me on my way.

The NP said it may be that I'm sensitive and felt "off" at low normal. I told her that was crap -- why wasn't anyone listening to the patient who SAYS they feel like crap! I had to get WORSE on paper lab results before anyone would take a closer look at helping me feel better? She kind of rolled her eyes like "Stupid male docs" but didn't actually say anything.

Now that I'm remembering, maybe she herself had PCOS and felt sympathetic? Who knows. But I really appreciated her doing that. From that point I was determined to get to the bottom of it and I did!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 01-14-2011 at 09:29 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #7  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

I've felt this too. Girls already lose weight a lot slower than men, but to be cursed with PCOS too... It has gotten aggravating. (Though personally, I never blame PCOS for my slow weight loss--I've just assumed it was my body as a whole.)

Now that I hit the half way point, I feel less daunted by the progress left to go and more okay with accepting that it could take me another six months to a year to lose the rest.

Truthfully, I can't say I feel like I struggle more than someone else without PCOS. This is the way I've always been, so I can't imagine another way of living. That's probably why I very very rarely check in on this board; I just don't feel like PCOS has changed or effected my life (but as I said, how would I even recognize that things could be different without experiencing it? It's like always living in the dark... how could you imagine the sun and its benefits without seeing/feeling it yourself?)
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:35 PM   #8  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I am still in the process of hating PCOS. LOL. I don't know how long I will be here. Someday I hope to accept it. I also feel like I have gotten a cyst, I have felt off, and achey myself.
I hate that I can't get pregnant like everyone else, lose weight, and probably even look like everyone else....this disease just takes and takes and takes...I just don't know. But I understand....
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote