Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team NYNY 2011 Chat Thread Week 1 (1/10-1/16)

shan84
01-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Hello red team!!!

Hope you get off to a great start this week. Sorry for the lateness in posting this for us to get started.

Let's use this first week to introduce ourselves and get to know each other.

My name is Shannon and I'm a teacher at an international school in South Korea (Meaning I will be posting in a different time zone then you all so I usually post in the middle of the night for most of you). I'm originally from the states. This is my fourth biggest loser challenge and I think my third challenge as a leader. The motivation and competitiveness from being a part of a team, something bigger than myself, helps me on my journey. I've been overweight the majority of my life. I made the commitment to become a healthier, happier me in July 2009. Since then I have lost over 100lbs. I follow calorie counting and I'm trying daily to do better with exercise.

Hope we all have a great first week!

P.S. (Same as bigmid the blue team leader) - I usually do personals to everyone but in the first couple weeks everyone is very chatty (which is awesome) but I can't always keep up with it. So don't feel bad if I miss you or don't even do personals in the first couple weeks while we are still getting to know everyone.

shan84
01-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Enjoy our new banner! Special thanks to NancyO on the blue team who has created our banners for the past couple of challenges.

You can use it by saving the picture to your computer, then going to edit your signature and upload the picture from your computer.

Enjoy red team!!

rainbowsmiles
01-09-2011, 09:54 PM
:cheer2:LET'S GO ROCKIN' RED TEAM!!!:cheer2:

THANKS SHANNON FOR WORKING SOOOO HARD!!! I'M SUPER EXCITED!!
I'm Susan, and this is my first challenge!! I look forward to getting to know everyone!!

CourtneyDaisey
01-09-2011, 09:56 PM
HELLO RED TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot:

My name is Courtney and I live in Senoia, GA (which is just southwest of Atlanta). It's a small, quiet town and I like it that way. :) I'm married and have two daughters, two cats, and one dog. I am going vegan to get healthy and help me to drop this weight. I am trying to cut out empty calories and eat a more nutrient-dense diet. I also am allergic to caffeine so I don't drink or eat anything caffeinated. I was taking a weight loss pill called Healthy Trim to lose weight and lost 30 pounds on it. I just really can't afford to spend the money on it anymore so I am looking for a way to do this without weight loss pills.

I also happen to be EXTREMELY competitive, so I think that this challenge is just what I need to kick my tail in gear and get me back on the right track!

peanutt
01-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Hello teammates! I'm peanutt, I'm 28 years old and I live in Alberta, Canada. I'm married and my DH and I got our first dog together last year. Puppy is just about 1! I work in a museum and love to read. I'm also a cookbook addict.

I'm excited to get started! This is my first challenge. I started this lifestyle change last August and I'm currently on WW. I've lost around 44lbs since August and I'm hoping to hit my 15% loss goal in the next few weeks.

I've started running with Couch to 5K and my new year's present to myself was a couple of fitness video games. I've been absolutely loving the BL Challenge on Wii. It gives me customized and varied workouts throughout the week and really burns the calories! It's especially great because I don't have to leave the house in this miserable cold weather!

Thanks Shannon for being our leader and all the extra work I'm sure that entails.

Good luck to us all!

shan84
01-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Peaunutt- I just got the Wii for Christmas too! My workout routine right now is two hours everyday on the Wii because of the horribly cold weather here right now. I do the Wii Fit 30 minute step aerobics, the Biggest Loser Challenge, Dancing with the Stars, and Jillian Michaels Ultimate Fitness Challenge 2010. It's really a workout!!

Aclai4067
01-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Hey all! I'm Ashley and this is my fourth or fifth challenge (lost track). I'm from metro-Atlanta originally and moved to Nashville late last May. I lost 55 lbs before leaving Atlanta and have been struggling to push forward with my weight loss since the move. In November my work launched a wellness challenge that wraps up at the end of this month. It has helped me a lot in moving towards getting back on track.

I follow the weight watchers program, and for exercise I'm currently doing C25K and spin class. I ran my first full mile yesterday, and I want to complete a triathalon when I reach goal (if not sooner).

ETA- Peanutt & Shan- I highly recommend getting Just Dance for your Wii. We played on New Years Eve and it was so fun! Pretty decent workout too.

Wild Vulpix
01-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Hi Red Team!

I'm Wild Vulpix, 22 years old, resident of the United States, and I believe I'm the lightest member on our team.

Unfortunately, I've hit a plateau since the end of November, and hopefully this challenge can help me break that.

I lose weight at a VERY slow pace. I can do everything right and still only inch along. I started last January, and I did have a 3 month hiatus (where I didn't gain)... so it's been about 9 months of work and a loss of a little under 30 pounds. I'm not sure if my body is just stubborn, or if having PCOS has slowed my progress compared to others... but I really don't care. 10 pounds in 3 months is pretty awesome to me.

I hope to get down to 120 by the end of this challenge. And I'm also going to push my diet and exercising to the limit while I'm on it.

My boyfriend bought me a very beautiful and sexy dress for Christmas, and I love it to pieces. But I can just barely squeeze into it, it inches up on me, it's too tight in the arms...I really hope that at 120 it will fit me like a glove.

BellaLucia
01-09-2011, 11:07 PM
My name is Okiemute Esiekpe and I am a 27yr old College graduate. I am going back to school to become a Lead Teacher at a Daycare this year. I'm a proud Terrapin, for those who don't know, that means I graduated from University of Maryland. I gained a lot of weight as a result of medication for my mental illness. I'm happy to be part of this group of loving, caring individuals.

Nixmom
01-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Hey Red Teamers!

I'm Kris. 39 and determined to be Fit by 40 (which just happens to be this July 4th). I work in local government and have recently taken on a super stressful job. In addition to a crazy work life I am married, own a home business, and have 4 kids (DS 21, DSD 11, DSS9, DSS 6). This is my 3rd attempt to make it through a BL challenge and I am going to do it this time!

I am with Shan on the "forgive me for not keeping up with all personals" the first few weeks. It gets nuts around here.

I am glad to see so many 1st timers to the challenge and wish you all tons of luck and focus! LETS ROCK THIS LADIES!

BlueEyes65
01-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Hello Red Team!! Nice to meet you all, I am BlueEyes--45 yrs young, married for 22, almost 23 yrs:)
This is my 3rd BL challenge. The first one helped me to get a hold of my health issues and I was learning from it.(thanks to the wonderful red team) AND...Last time my DH had some issues with his health so I quit the team...This time I am here
for the long haul!Thanks in advance for your support!!!!

Food O--Nice to meet you! I have relatives in MD. Good luck on your weight loss!

Wild Vupix- You silly girl:p I bet you look great in what your bf bought you...I found a site with some awesome clothes I want to reward my self with if(big IF) I ever reach my goal.

Hey Shan! Good to see you again! I have had a Wii for about 3-4 years now. It is a major part of my work out but I just do not tell anyone because I tire of people telling me it is not a work out:(
Looking foward to being on your team again:hug:

Peanutt- Welcome! Nice to meet you! Congrats on your your loss so far! I have been thinking about doing WW also. I am trying to count calories (again)...

Courtney --NO COFFEE! I would die!:( Good luck and nice to meet you!:hug:

Rainbow aka zumba queen. YOU ROCK!!I have read about your zumba dancing and I look foward to hearing more about it... ZUMBA ON RAINBOW!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Hungry4AChange
01-10-2011, 12:10 AM
Greetings Friends,

I am 28 year old social worker and am an old timer around these 3FC chat boards...I started my journey in 2002 at 215, got down to 120 in 2005 and now weigh about 157 and have been stable here abouts for the last 4 years...I am unhappy at this weight and have finally decided to return to 3FC in my quest to find my way back down to a lighter weight...I do well with exercise and it is not a chore for me...I just completed my third half-marathon in November!...but really need to crack down on my diet...my chocolate consumption has gotten out of control!! Looking forward to getting to know you all as we make good choices together!

BeautyandtheBeast
01-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Hi everyone.

I’m Rachel; I’m 26 years old and am getting married in about six months. I started last year off really well but managed to gain a stone back by the end of it. So, this time there is to be no getting disheartened and giving up only to end up right where I started.

I’ve struggled with my weight since my teenage years and have been on a constant roller coaster ride with it. Like most people, I’ve tried everything, sometimes verging on the downright dangerous and extreme. A couple of years ago I found this website and for the first time I realised that what I really wanted wasn’t to just be skinny, but to be healthy, energetic, happy and sexy. I realised I didn’t want to be constantly tired and emotional and starving hungry anymore. I didn’t want to beat myself up anymore for being human and eating. Although I’ve not yet reached my goal weight and although I may weigh more than at times in the past when I was doing one of my crazy starvation diets, I really and truly never have been happier. I’m okay with my body these days. Yes, I want to lose more weight and fit into smaller clothes but I’m not miserable with myself anymore. I don’t think I’m hideous and I don’t lock myself away anymore. It really has been an amazing mental transformation.

So, I’m back again this year to kick myself into gear before I get married and I know I will get there eventually. Besides, whatever happens, I know I have a lot to be thankful for. And you guys are part of that. This is the first support network I’ve ever really had.

So let’s do this together!

RED TEAM GO

MonteCristo
01-10-2011, 07:50 AM
Hi Red Team! I'm Antonia...you can call me Antonia, Monte, whatever. I've been losing weight with the support of 3FC for several years now. I managed to get down within 5lbs of my goal last spring, at which time my family life went completely haywire (parent's divorce) and I proceeded to undo a great deal of my work (ugh!). So now I'm back on the wagon, and using WW this time. So far so good! I hope to be down to my goal weight by the end of summer.

chickadee dee dee
01-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Hi Red Team :)

My name's Krista, I'm 26. I live in the finger lakes region of New York. I just got married in May, no kids but we have a 9 month old Shih Tzu. I work as a licensed veterinary technician. I couple of years a go I lost a good amount of weight (about 50 lbs), but since then it's crept back on so I've started the weight loss plan again and hope to lose and keep it off this time. I do calorie counting, and DH has recently started going to the gym with me which has been really nice.
This is my first biggest loser challenge and I'm super excited to be here. I think this will keep me super motivated to stay on course.

Peanutt- I just started the couchto5k too! I'm starting week 2 today, I really like the program. What do you think?

wen
01-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Hi Red Team!

My name is Wen. I'm new to the 3FC boards and The Biggest Loser Challenge, and I am looking forward to joining in! I appreciate all of the team leader's work on this!

I'm 37 years old and I have been happily married to my DH for 17 years. I do have a very stressful job in finance. During 2008/2009 I had lost about 30 lbs with my "own" diet/lifestyle change. I was exercising regularly..eliptical, weights, biking, hiking and enjoying the great outdoors very often. I really felt good and was proud of myself. In late 2009 and 2010 my job became more stressful which has caused me to let go as I stay stressed out. I've gained back the 30 lbs plus 10 lbs more. I'm now at my highest weight ever...215 lbs. I'm ashamed of myself for not sticking with it. I was very skinny as a child and in my 20's...very active in sports. I had no idea I could get this big, but it crept up on me over time.

I must say sugar/soda is my biggest weakness along with eating out because it is too easy. I'm now dropping the soda and have started using WW for the first time (mostly for a guide/accountability). I also began a new exercise program for myself this weekend as well. I believe exercise is key for me as I get no exercise during working hours (sitting at a PC all day).

Good luck everyone!!! :cheer2:

ronan
01-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Good morning red team! My name is Rachel and I am 42 with a 2 year old! I have a busy life as a mom and a teacher. I live in Victoria, Canada. I have lost weight before with the weight watchers program so I hope this challenge, coupled by following WW will help me loose and keep off the weight. I would like to loose 20 lbs, but I hope to loose around 8 lbs by the time I go on my trip to Hawaii (Jan 31st-Feb 10th). I guess I will use my free week during that time.
Go red!

CanadaMel
01-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Good morning all! My name is Mel, I'm 43, married for 14 years, we have 3 kids & I work p-t in retail. I'm an American who lives in Calgary. I started my lifestyle change in Jan 2009 and have participated in just about every challenge since then.
This time I'm looking to step up my exercise with my xbox kinect, your fitness evolved game. Walking the dog is good exercise for maintaining, but I'd like to drop some more poundage. I am happy to report I did not gain over the holidays!
Looking forward to getting to know the new members & happy to see lots of familiar names too. Have a great day!

Tuca125
01-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Hi ... My name is Jessica , this is my challenge #4, miss the pass one.
I star on ww on nov 2008 , the i got pregnant on janury 2009 , i manege to gaing just 13 pounds, since myDD born i have lose like 23 pounds ... Rigth now i weight 2 to 3 pounds from my low weight , thanks to hollidays.
My original goal was 125 , then i lowe it to 115 been stuck since agoust i think.
Well nice to met you all.

CourtneyDaisey
01-10-2011, 10:32 AM
I do apologize for not replying back to everyone, but it's so nice to get to meet the other folks on this totally awesome team! I can't wait to see everyone here shooting for the stars and reaching their goals! It's so great to see folks participating who are just getting started in their journeys as well as eagerly watching as others are nearing the finish line to their goal weights! GO TEAM RED!!!!!! :cheer:

Last night we got a decent amount of snow in the Atlanta area and have about an inch of ice under the snow. So I am home from work today because the schools are closed. No school means my daughter's day care is closed. The wind is howling outside and it's really cold! I saw far worse when I lived in Fargo, ND but around here this is pretty bad for the south. If my gym is open today I will see if I can go in but if not I'll see about doing some "Walk Away The Pounds" at home.

Aclai4067
01-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Mel- Congrats on the gain-free holiday! I didn't do as well, but I'm just .8 away from getting back to my pre-Christmas weight.

Jessica- You look great in your photo. Cute dress!

NBaxter2512
01-10-2011, 12:03 PM
:wave:Hi Red Team!!:wave:
My name is Nic! I am 25 & live in Pennsylvania with my awesome DH and our perfect 3 month old daughter!! I have struggled with my weight my entire life! My highest weight was 256. I was 218 prior to getting pregnant with my daughter, lost all my pregnancy weight, and I am now 211! I was excited to say goodbye to the pregnancy weight and I am now excited to say goodbye to the 200's!:cb: I look forward to winning this challenge with all of you wonderful ladies!:hug:

pokeycactus
01-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Hi all,

I'm Rachel, and live in a suburb of Phoenix, Arizona. I've been married for nearly two years, no kids, just a spoiled cat.

I've been overweight quite literally my entire life. I've been on and off working at this for over a year and was quite sad to realize that on New Year's, I was only 20 pounds lighter than I had been last New Year's.

I am a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding in June, so that's a good motivator, but really, I am ready to be thin for the first time in my life.

I am counting calories and doing quite a mix of exercise, so I don't get bored. I run, do the EA Sports thing on PS3 Move, use P90X, Insanity and AeroBarre dvds. My absolute favorite workout, however is Zumba. I even became a certified instructor in August. I only teach one class a week at my work, but I do Zumba workouts on my own and in classes as well.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better in the coming weeks!

Aclai4067
01-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Hey Rachel- I only lost 16 lbs last year so I understand the frustration with feeling like it's going to slow, but at least it's going! I'm a bridesmaid in June too! Have you gotten measured for your dress yet? I need to go do that soon. I'm nervous because I keep hearing how small the dresses run!

okay, I just noticed way too many exclaimation points. Sorry, guess I'm that girl today.

peanutt
01-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Wow, so many people to get to know here on the Red Team!

What activity does everyone have planned for today? I've got a Biggest Loser wii workout on tap for this evening, plus a C25K run.

JayTee
01-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Hi all!

I'm new to the chat boards and this is my second attempt at making it through a season with you all. I'm 54, married, and really have no reason to "eat my feelings," but I have a tendency to do that anyway. But, it's a New Year/New Me(US) and with all the chat and support WE CAN do this! I love the show and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

Have a great week. Eat healthy, get to the gym and "get r' done!"

:-)

GypsyLove
01-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Hi everyone! I'm GypsyLove and I'm 28 years old from NJ. I've been struggleing my whole life with my weight like many others. I plan to use portion control for my dieting and running for my cardio. I'm also part of the Mayor's wellness challenge in my town that just started today and will end in May so I'll be weighing in there as well. Good luck everyone! :D

Shades of Gray
01-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Katie and I live in NC with my husband and toddler daughter. I'm new to 3FC, so I'm very excited that I discovered the site just in time to join the challenge! I joined WW the beginning of October and so far I've lost just over 20 lbs. My main goal in joining the challenge is give myself a kick in the pants regarding exercise. Workouts have been very spotty, so that is my main area of needed improvement.

The beginning of 2010 was a really rough, stressful time for my family because my daughter started having seizures at 8 months old and even ended up in the hospital for several days. She's doing really well now on anti-seizure medication (seizure-free for 9 months!), but it took awhile for me to come out of the "fog". When I did come out of the fog, I realized that my weight had really gotten out of control. I was almost 30 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight and had almost doubled the amount that I needed to lose. My husband and I joined WW and we're both doing really well, since we're able to support each other along the way. Anyway, I feel really empowered and just in a really healthy mental/emotional state right now and I'm so looking forward to the new year! Can't wait to get started!

Aclai4067
01-10-2011, 01:52 PM
What activity does everyone have planned for today?

I'm going to quick cram in C25K week 5, day1 after work before I head out to watch Auburn win the national championship! (on TV, I wish I was in AZ)

YWeight
01-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Hey All....
I'm just going to jump right in here. My name's Vanetta and I am currently living in Seattle. I've played the lose 100lbs, gain it back game and am tired of kicking myself over it. So, here I am. I haven't done one of these challenges in a couple of years, and I am excited to be a part of this RED team.
What else about me....I'm 47 and I am following the new WW program. For excercise I walk, and will be starting the Power 90 dvd's. By the end of the year, I would like to do get through c25k.
You'll see me on here Mon - Fri during the work day. I've worked in IT for 28 years and the last thing I want to do when I get home is look at a computer screen.
Have a great Monday ! ! !

tinabinab
01-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Hiya all! I'm so glad to be getting back in the swing of things with my Red Team!! I've participated in several challenges, but kinda dropped off the last one. My weight loss was really suffering for a variety of reasons and I was too embarrassed to put up my numbers during the last challenge. :(

I have some ground to make back up, but I've restarted my WW online membership and I'm moving again. My success to date has been largely due to these BL challenges, so I'm very happy we're up and running again. Looking forward to sharing the journey with everyone.

Here's to a great NYNY!! Go Team Red!
Tina

MonteCristo
01-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Wow, so many people to get to know here on the Red Team!

What activity does everyone have planned for today? I've got a Biggest Loser wii workout on tap for this evening, plus a C25K run.

I'm going to spend 60 minutes on the elliptical at level 3. Almost killed me Saturday (first day moving from 2 to 3), but I imagine it'll be a bit easier today. :carrot:

CourtneyDaisey
01-10-2011, 03:12 PM
What activity does everyone have planned for today?

Well, due to the bad weather I can't get out of the house to get to the gym today. So when my father-in-law goes to pick up my husband from work I'll have about a half hour to an hour of "me time" and I plan on doing my WATP DVD then. I just can't do an at-home exercise video in front of anyone, but I'll be able to while he's gone to pick up my husband. :cheer:

peanutt
01-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Well, due to the bad weather I can't get out of the house to get to the gym today. So when my father-in-law goes to pick up my husband from work I'll have about a half hour to an hour of "me time" and I plan on doing my WATP DVD then. I just can't do an at-home exercise video in front of anyone, but I'll be able to while he's gone to pick up my husband. :cheer:

I am the same way! I ask DH to retreat to another room with the dog when I want to use the tv. He doesn't seem to mind.

CourtneyDaisey
01-10-2011, 03:29 PM
I am the same way! I ask DH to retreat to another room with the dog when I want to use the tv. He doesn't seem to mind.

I thought I was the only one who was self conscious about that! I can strip in front of my husband but not work out in front of him. LOL! ;) Am I weird or what?

DesiDoo
01-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Howdy All!!! I am Desi and I am from Nevada. This is my first challenge and I am very very excited about this. I am a social worker here and I am a very outgoing and outdoorsy type of girl! Let's go RED TEAM!

shan84
01-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Courtney- Your not weird and your not the only one. I hate when my boyfriend is even in the house when I exercise, so I make him leave! :)

shan84
01-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Peanutt- Weather is so cold here on the island. Yesterday was my first day back to work after a 3 week break. I came home with every intention of working out on the Wii...but the bed callled my name for a nap and 3 hours later I woke up :(. First week coming back is always hard. Between the weather and keeping busy all day long with 3 and 4 year olds...I'm beat. :)

lavieboheme73
01-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Hello team mates!!

I'm lavieboheme73, but most of those who know me around here know me simply as "Bo". I'm 37 years old, a mother/stepmother of 8 kids...yep, you read that right, 8...and a newlywed. We've been married for a little over a month now. I own a candle business and hubby owns a computer consulting firm, and we're very active in church, so our schedules are a little crazy, but I'm going to do everything I can to make this work!

This is my first Biggest Loser challenge, and I'm happy to be here, getting healthy and making new friends along the way! Pleased to meet you all!!

Bette k
01-10-2011, 06:36 PM
HI Red Team,
I'm Bette, 51, and Married for almost 30 years. I have 2 children, a Son who is 21 and a daughter who is 9. We live in rural Iowa, and I love living in the country. I've had some trouble last year in losing weight and have ended up weighing more than I started at. 2010 was apretty bad year for me, I lost my mother and MIL to cancer. I have also moved and am looking for work. But I'm looking forward to 2011 being a much better year.

Everyone have a great week.
Bette K

Bigmid
01-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Hi Red Team just wanted to pop by and see how your first day was. I hope everyone was able to stay OP.

Thanks CourtneyDaisy for the cheer - everyone feel free to pop over once in a while:)

kittycarlson
01-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Hi I'm kitty and this is my first challange. I have been eating on plan and will spend breaks at work doing stairs and some time at home on the treadmill. I work out of town so only have the gym available fri, Sat, Sun. I hope my knees hold out. Good luck everyone.

shan84
01-10-2011, 11:50 PM
How's everyone doing so far this week? I've found it really easy to stay on plan for food, but not so much for exercise. I wish there were more hours in a day.

Sindaena
01-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Hello Red Team!

I'm 37, 38 in Feb, married 17 years in two weeks with 4 kids. I was down at goal only three years ago and I am determined to get back there, and even more importantly, to stay there this time!

Hi Red Team :)
Peanutt- I just started the couchto5k too! I'm starting week 2 today, I really like the program. What do you think?

I just finished C25K W2D1 as well... It was a big step up from week 1 for me, but I am determined to make it through. I have the ap on my iTouch, and really like it, though I am an indoor treadmill user at least until it's not so dark so early.

cakses
01-11-2011, 04:11 AM
Hi, I may as well pop in here while I have the time. My name is Cat, I was a decently active member a few years ago, lost 50 pounds, got down to a size 10/12 and then let it creep back. First it was the 30 pounds...then I got pregnant and boy did I gain the weight. Heaviest I have ever been. Now I am 4 months post-partum and am still bigger than I have ever been. I am sitting at 233 and am ridiculously unhappy about it.

Add to this I found out a month ago that my husband of nine years has been cheating on me while deployed overseas, and now wants a divorce. Huge shock to me, on both accounts. I am now facing becoming a true single Mom to three kiddos (I used to joke that I was a single Mom every other year thanks to the Army), having to enter the workforce for the first time in ten years, moving, and picking up all the emotional pieces that have been utterly shattered. Needless to say I need this challenge badly.

I won't be doing many personals until my soon to be ex leaves (he is stateside for another week, as he is on leave) but please know I am rooting for all of us and will definitely be a team player just as soon as the distraction leaves my home :(

chickadee dee dee
01-11-2011, 06:58 AM
I just finished C25K W2D1 as well... It was a big step up from week 1 for me, but I am determined to make it through.

That's awesome! I'm so happy that other people on here are doing the C25K as well :) So far week 2 was OK for me, week 3 or 4 (can't remember which it is at the moment) looks a little daunting (running 5 minutes, yikes!), but I'm just going to try and push through it. I'm excited to be able to say I can run a 5k :)
Keep going girl! You can do it!!

Add to this I found out a month ago that my husband of nine years has been cheating on me while deployed overseas, and now wants a divorce.
I'm so, so sorry. That sounds devastatingly awful. My thoughts are with you and your kids while you guys try to sort everything out.:hug:

shan84
01-11-2011, 07:25 AM
Cakses- I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll be thinking of you and the kiddos. Hang in there. Your team is here to support you and encourage you along this unexpected turn that your life has taken. :hug:

CourtneyDaisey
01-11-2011, 09:22 AM
I found out a month ago that my husband of nine years has been cheating on me while deployed overseas, and now wants a divorce. Huge shock to me, on both accounts. I am now facing becoming a true single Mom to three kiddos (I used to joke that I was a single Mom every other year thanks to the Army), having to enter the workforce for the first time in ten years, moving, and picking up all the emotional pieces that have been utterly shattered. Needless to say I need this challenge badly.

Oh Cat, I am so sorry! :hug::hug::hug: Take the time to do what you need to do for yourself and your kids. We'll be here for you.

I just wanted to tell everyone congrats on the great job so far! I love going through the Last chance Workout thread and seeing what everyone's been doing for exercise and checking on on the food journals to see what we are eating. GO RED TEAM! Seeing the other people's workouts definitely motivates me to do more. I am going to see if I can make it to the gym today. I know the roads are still slick but I am going to first call and see if they are open and offering child care today. If so, I am going to try to get there.

For all of you Wii users, I am about to join the party! My husband and I redeemed our rewards points on our credit card for a $150 Best Buy gift card. The Wii is on sale for $180 until Saturday! So when we get paid this Friday we are going to Best Buy and buying a Wii! So, what games on there do you use for weight loss? I am going to hit up Gamestop and see if I can find some of them used for less. I'd love to hear what y'all are using!

CourtneyDaisey
01-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Well, I called my gym. Although they are open they are not offering child care today until 4:00PM. So no gym until much later today! I'll see if I can get in some WATP again today while my 2 year old takes a nap. She's watching Special Agent Oso right now so I am able to get online for a bit! :)

rainbowsmiles
01-11-2011, 10:19 AM
HI KITTY....welcome to your first challenge!! this is my first challenge too!! did i see it right, your ticker is 197.....your starting weight was 202...so did you slip into ONDERLAND without telling anyone???

:carrot:WOOHOOO ONEDERLAND WOOHOOO:carrot:

THAT IS AWESOME!!! you are going to have one rocking weigh in on sunday!!! keep it up!!!:hug:

rainbowsmiles
01-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Rainbow aka zumba queen. YOU ROCK!!I have read about your zumba dancing and I look foward to hearing more about it... ZUMBA ON RAINBOW!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

hey blue eyes!!! i slipped my way to the gym to get my ZUMBA on again yesterday!! i was so thankful the gym was open!! with all the ice...and schools closed!! i was determined and played like the mailman...not rain, nor sleet, nor hail, or ice, was gonna keep me from getting my ZUMBA ON!! :carrot: what part of minn are you from?? i have been to that huge MALL OF AMERICA!! omg...what a place!! i have never seen red lights in a mall parking area before!! haha and shuttle service to get from where you park the car to the building! yikes!! now thats a BIG MALL!! i hope you are having a GREAT ROCKIN' RED TIME!! THIS IS OUR YEAR!!! :hug:

Wild Vulpix
01-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Oh Cat, I am so sorry! :hug::hug::hug: Take the time to do what you need to do for yourself and your kids. We'll be here for you.

I just wanted to tell everyone congrats on the great job so far! I love going through the Last chance Workout thread and seeing what everyone's been doing for exercise and checking on on the food journals to see what we are eating. GO RED TEAM! Seeing the other people's workouts definitely motivates me to do more. I am going to see if I can make it to the gym today. I know the roads are still slick but I am going to first call and see if they are open and offering child care today. If so, I am going to try to get there.

For all of you Wii users, I am about to join the party! My husband and I redeemed our rewards points on our credit card for a $150 Best Buy gift card. The Wii is on sale for $180 until Saturday! So when we get paid this Friday we are going to Best Buy and buying a Wii! So, what games on there do you use for weight loss? I am going to hit up Gamestop and see if I can find some of them used for less. I'd love to hear what y'all are using!

I've tried a bunch of Wii weight loss games, and BY FAR, I'd recommend EA Sports Active. I haven't tried EA Sports Active 2, but it's probably just as good--if not, better--than the original game.

cherrypie
01-11-2011, 11:51 AM
. I live in Victoria, Canada. Go red!

hey neighbour!

glad to be part of this challenge. Been watching every season of biggest loser and thinking I should be losing along with them.

This is the year!

TERAPET
01-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Hello Losing Ladies-

This is my third challenge in a row though I have been on others in the past. I lost somewhere in the neighborhood of thirty pounds last year thanks in no small part to you all at 3fatchicks! I have two goals in mind for this challenge. Number one and most important is not to slip back into old habits and regain any more weight. (the holidays have been "difficult") Number two is to lose ten pounds but I can live with losing more or less than that number. Just depends on how things go. I have not been at this weight in a million years and I am very happy where I am, but I know at Thanksgiving I weighed five pounds less and really liked that. Way back when I got married I actually weighed twenty pounds less than I do now. That is pretty thin though and at my age everyone would probably think I had some dread disease!

Good luck all. It is going to be a great year!

cakeses-I think we were on a team together a few years back. I remember you losing a bunch of weight. I am so sorry to hear about your marriage. That stinks! I am glad you are here with us.

peanutt
01-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Cakeses - I'm sorry! :hug: Like a previous poster said, we're all here for you to encourage and cheer you on as your life takes this new path.

Courtney - I'd highly recommend EA Sports Active and The Biggest Loser Challenge. They are both excellent circuit training workouts with lots of variety. I've been doing the Biggest Loser Challenge more than EA Sports Active and have really been enjoying the different workouts. One day will be a generic full body workout, the next might be cardio boxing, then yoga. I usually burn 450-500 calories in a 45-60 minute workout with it. No matter what you choose, don't sell yourself short and pick an easy difficulty! I did the fitness test on the BL game and it recommended that I set my level at "challenging". I honestly never would have picked that for myself thinking I could never do it, but it's been a solid workout every time. Challenging enough to get my heart rate up and going and I really feel it (in the good way) afterwards and the next morning.

GreenTeaYum
01-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Hello fellow red team!

I'm super excited to be in this challenge, this is my first BL challenge and I really could use the motivation to give me a kick in the pants. I've been pretty good all week as far as getting my exercise in, but my food choices have not been the best. I know it's a lame excuse, but school starts back up next week and I will be much better about planning/packing meals in advance since I will be at work all day and class all night (yikes!).

I've been good about getting my exercise in. It's been too cold and icy for walks outside, but I really like my Wii - Walk it Out game -it's kinda cheesy, but I could play it for hours.

I'm looking forward to the challenge - and kicking Blue Team's butt! Go team! ;)

GettinFit
01-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Hi Fellow Red Team Members,

I'm GettinFit aka Sheila. I live in the Atlanta area. I have struggled with my weight most of my life but I've never been as big as I was when I started my program a month ago. I am determined to get back down to a healthy weight and this 3FC site has been such an encouragement. This challenge will really help me to stay focused because I do not want to let the Red Team, nor myself down. I am looking forward to having great success during this challenge and I wish everyone on the Red team much success

GettinFit
01-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Shannon - I forgot to say "Thanks" for organizing the RED Team

CanadaMel
01-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Challenging day at work today, so doing my best not to eat myself out of house & home, to comfort myself.
Hoping to get back on the xbox kinect tonight, though my quads are sore from last night's sculpting session. Squats are my friend!

It's so hard to break those old habits.

Peanut- where in AB are you? I'm in Cagary & I'm freezing, hope we get a Chnook soon.

I can't remember who talked about losing16 pounds, but that was the amount I lost last year as well! And I'll take it, 'cause a loss is better than a gain!

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Let's keep up the chatter! Have a teat night all!

kris2008
01-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi everyone! We can do this! This snow has gotten me discombobulated (?) and I am totally on board starting now! I promise to help the RED TEAM to victory!!

shan84
01-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Terapet- Welcome back!!! You've rocked the last two challenges so I'm sure you will do awesome things this time around as well. Your such a great motivator too!!

GettinFit- My pleasure!!

Everyone else- Hope you are all doing well. I noticed someone said something about reading what other people are doing in their nutritional and workout journals to get ideas...this is awesome! Looking back on my last two days this week I noticed I'm eating too much cheese product so I'm cutting that out as of this morning. Sometimes we don't notice the small changes we can make in our everyday lives can actually show big results later on.

On a side note- WEIGH IN INFORMATION- Just because the weigh in cut off time is Sundays at 10:00pm AST (Google the time zone), doesn't mean you have to wait until then to weigh in. If you weigh in on another day of the week, go ahead and post your weigh in early. It is much better for you to post, then wait until last minute and end up using one of your freebies. In most cases as the challenges progress we tend to lose members because people forget to weigh in. So remember, you don't have to wait until Sunday night to post you weigh in.

Good luck to everyone. It's Hump Day here in SK. The sun is up but its still really cold. I'm back to work..kiddos are on reccess. I'll drop in some more later tonight.

MyBodyisMyTemple
01-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Hello everyone, I'm honey.

I am not officially a part of the Challenge since I missed the cutoff, but I was invited by RainbowSmiles to "play along" with your team. I won't be 'officially' weighing in but hope to get to know everyone.

I hope no one minds that I am playing along.

In any event, I am 27 years old, married to a wonderful man (who unfortunately is away at this time) I've been with for 8 years. We have 1 daughter who is 16 years old (we adopted her about 7 years ago). Even though she is very close in age to me, it has several benefits:D. I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and have battled weight all of my life.

I am director of a nonprofit as well as I own 2 businesses (a greeting card company and the other I can't say b/c then I'd have to kill you:dizzy::carrot:). LOL.

Ok enough rambling for now. I have read through all of the personals. Hello to all of you LOSERS!

rainbowsmiles
01-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Hello everyone, I'm honey.

I am not officially a part of the Challenge since I missed the cutoff, but I was invited by RainbowSmiles to "play along" with your team. I won't be 'officially' weighing in but hope to get to know everyone.

I hope no one minds that I am playing along.

In any event, I am 27 years old, married to a wonderful man (who unfortunately is away at this time) I've been with for 8 years. We have 1 daughter who is 16 years old (we adopted her about 7 years ago). Even though she is very close in age to me, it has several benefits:D. I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and have battled weight all of my life.

I am director of a nonprofit as well as I own 2 businesses (a greeting card company and the other I can't say b/c then I'd have to kill you:dizzy::carrot:). LOL.

Ok enough rambling for now. I have read through all of the personals. Hello to all of you LOSERS!

welcome honey....what better place than here...to make GREAT friends...and lose weight...and enjoy the NEW YEAR NEW YOU CHALLENGE!! by the time the spring challenge comes around, YOU WILL BE IN FULL SWING...AND PROBABLY HAVE ALREADY LOST 25 POUNDS!!!

i am sooooo proud of you for not putting it off just because of a deadline!! i wish you all the best...YOU CAN DO IT!!!

peanutt
01-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Mel - I'm in Edmonton. Also absolutely freezing!!

I like the idea of checking out the nutritional journals for ideas...brilliant!

Who else is watching this season of The Biggest Loser? This is the first season that I was lighter than all of the contestants starting weights....kind of a fun NSV for me (I've watched every season since the 3rd I think).

Nixmom
01-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Heya red team!

Just ended a 12+ hour day and am prepared only for a long nights sleep.

Wanted to send KUDOS out to all you girls getting your food and exercise right this week. I am looking forward to joining that part of my life again soon to. Stinkin' work has got the best of me both days so far this week. I start out on track and by noon have no will power.

Keep up the good work! I need role models!

augeremt
01-12-2011, 03:10 AM
Hi everyone!

My name is Kasia, I'm 26, and I currently live in Colorado. This is my first Red Team/Blue Team BL Challenge, although I've done one in the 20s forum that had many more but smaller teams, so this will be new. So many people to keep up with!

Anywhos, I've been "big" my whole life and ballooned up to my current rate from an almost-healthy 160 lbs about 4 years ago (took me one semester in college to gain 30 pounds...that's what an injury plus bummedness over said injury did to me). I've been trying, but too hard, to lose the weight ever since but it's always crept up. So now I'm trying to get myself moving more often and eating healthier.

So far I've restarted C210K and have joined an adult swim team to get myself somewhat ready for rugby season, which is starting up in about 6 weeks. I also did a couple triathlons last summer and was not impressed by my results so I'm going to try to build a base and get used to exercising daily before I start an official training program in mid-March.

This is long enough so I'll end here. I haven't had a chance to respond to everyone's introductions, but I have read most of them and it seems like we have a very diverse group. I'm really excited for this challenge and for the support this group gives to everyone in it!

IceQueen
01-12-2011, 03:13 AM
Hello Red Team!
My name is Tanya and I live in Anchorage, AK. I am 29 yrs old, married with one 6 yr. old daughter. I am new to 3fc and am excited to have a "team" to hold me accountable! In 2009 I went from 274 to 222 and felt great. It was the first time in my entire overweight life I had lost that much weight but I wasn't strong enough to sustain through the uphill challenges that life threw me that year. This year Iím starting fresh and am ready to get back in the groove!
I have chosen to count calories and to eliminate fast food and soda pop from my diet. I need to somehow incorporate an exercise routine into my schedule- I was going 5 days a week when I lost before-but with my schedule now that is simply not possible! I have a wii and have read several posts about the wii fit and am strongly leaning toward a balance board! We'll see~

KoriHallelujah
01-12-2011, 03:13 AM
Hey everyone!
I'm kori, 20, a student/office assistant in CT!
I'm excited for the challenge! Trying to lose 50lbs
Bought Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred tonight!! Can't wait until it comes in the mail <3

chickadee dee dee
01-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Just checking in to say hi and see how everyone's doing so far :)
It's been a good on plan week for me. We got about 4 inches of snow here overnight, so I'm off to shovel out the car :dizzy:

Stinkin' work has got the best of me both days so far this week. I start out on track and by noon have no will power.

I completely understand! It was SO HARD for me over the holidays at work, I ended up caving in for awhile, but back on plan now, and trying to stay strong. You can do it!!:hug: Maybe you could bring some yummy on plan snacks to work to try and avoid temptation?

JayTee
01-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Good morning Red!

Thank god we have these boards to turn to for motivation. I was feeling low, but after reading a page or two of posts I'm off to the treadmill!

THANK YOU ALL!!!

CourtneyDaisey
01-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Hi Fellow Red Team Members,

I'm GettinFit aka Sheila. I live in the Atlanta area.

HEY!!!!!! I live in the Atlanta area too!!!!! COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot: How exciting to have a teammate who lives close to home too! Awesome!

peanutt and Wild Vulpix - Thanks for the Wii game advice! I am going to check out Gamestop and see if they have used copies of either one of those two. Do I need any additional equipment for them other than the game? I know the Wii Fit has a scale or something with it. Do these two also require something like that or will I be fine picking up a used copy of just the game? I am thinking about going ahead and taking the gift cards and getting the Wii today while I am off from work. ;)

On a side note, every Wednesday I look at the scale to see if it is less than what I weighed on Sunday, my official weigh in day. I call it the Midweek Scale Peek. Before the new year I wasn't posting the actual weight on my blog, but I am now. I think it will help me to stay accountable. So this morning I posted about my Midweek Scale Peek and posted a pic of the scale on there! I am on the verge of saying good-bye to the 240's again! I AM PUMPED!!!!! :carrot: :broc: :carrot: :broc: :carrot:

ladyinweighting
01-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Hello,

I am Lynn. I'm 65 years old, I post on the 50+ site in the Golden Girls thread & teach online courses in a graduate education program for Phoenix University. I have watched Biggest Loser for years, but have never before joined a BL Challenge.

I am late posting bc I just returned from Disney in FL where my DD ran the marathon on Sunday. I REALLY want to fast walk a 1/2 marathon, but will NOT commit until I can get my speed up. I don't want to be swept. When I began my "fast" walking, I could do only a 20-minute mile. I am down to a 17-minute mile. To be in a marathon, I need to get down to at least 15-minute mile.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Lynn

peanutt
01-12-2011, 10:49 AM
CourtneyDaisey: The Biggest Loser Challenge is just the game. It can be used with the Wii Fit board if you have one, but it's not necessary. EA Sports Active can also be used with the board, but again not necessary. It should come with some additional sensors (that wrap on your arm and thigh) to be used with the game though.

I switched my rest day to yesterday. It's cold and miserable here (-28C as I type) and I was feeling totally run down. Hopefully I'll be more inspired to get in a good workout tonight.

One of the challenges for DH and me over the past week has been comfort food. When it's cold we just want to hibernate and eat things like chicken pot pie and mac and cheese. So I've been trying to find OP comfort food recipes. Last night I made a delicious OP creamy chicken soup with olive oil biscuits. My cup of soup and biscuit was only 350 calories for a hearty and warming meal. Looking forward to the leftovers for lunch!

rainbowsmiles
01-12-2011, 12:26 PM
On a side note, every Wednesday I look at the scale to see if it is less than what I weighed on Sunday, my official weigh in day. I call it the Midweek Scale Peek. Before the new year I wasn't posting the actual weight on my blog, but I am now. I think it will help me to stay accountable. So this morning I posted about my Midweek Scale Peek and posted a pic of the scale on there! I am on the verge of saying good-bye to the 240's again! I AM PUMPED!!!!! :carrot: :broc: :carrot: :broc: :carrot:

midweek scale peek!!

i love it!!!!! :)

lavieboheme73
01-12-2011, 01:01 PM
Hello, fellow REDheads (some of us literal, some more in a team sense!)

Hope everyone who's getting hit with all this snow is staying warm. It's a balmy 6 below here in Kansas City today, so I'll be staying inside, but the kids and I have decided to turn on the Music on Demand and have ourselves a DANCE PARTY MARATHON! Yay for family bonding and exercise at the same time!!

I also have two really large candle orders to get out over the next couple of days...175 candles total, so I'll be in and out for most of the day...just wanted to pop in and say hi!!

rainbowsmiles
01-12-2011, 01:03 PM
:cheer2: ROCK ON RED TEAM!! :cheer2:

Desidoooo....:hug:OMG....what IS Ablondiga Soup and how do you make it!!! sounds delicious!!

YWeight...:hug:i'm getting a kick out of your avatar!!! i can soooo relate on some days!! hahaha

chickadee.... :hug:stay SAFE out on those snow covered roads!!!

Courtney....:hug:have a beautiful day....GET YOUR EXERCISE ON!!!

CourtneyDaisey
01-12-2011, 01:15 PM

Courtney....:hug:have a beautiful day....GET YOUR EXERCISE ON!!!

Will do! :) I just finished watching the Biggest Loser's first two episodes on Hulu. I am feeling PUMPED and READY TO LOSE!!!!! :broc: :broc: :broc:

No gym chance today since I have my 2 year old at home, but I am going to turn off the Disney channel on the main TV and put on my Walk Away The Pounds DVD and get in the 3 mile walk RIGHT NOW!!! :)

You are so motivating for me, Susan! :hug: Thanks!!!!

CourtneyDaisey
01-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Okay, I put on the WATP DVD and started exercising. My 2 year old comes running into the living room and starts trying to do the exercises on the DVD with me! It was so cute watching her try! LOL! I got in my 3 mile walk on there with minor pauses to giggle at the toddler mimicking the TV! :D

GettinFit
01-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Courtney Daisey - That is too funny:rofl:

I hope all the Reds are Rockin today!

Wild Vulpix
01-12-2011, 05:21 PM
The gym was closed because of all the snow we recieved!! Boooo!

I probably could get in some kind of work out at home, but my father is home and so is my boyfriend, and as a few of you ladies already mentioned... working out with other people home or in the room is embarrassing!

On the plus side, I didn't think I'd be able to make it to the gym tomorrow, but I just recently discovered that I will be able to make it. I guess things just work themselves out :D

On another note, I posted my progress pictures (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goal-photo-album/222233-chubby-cute.html) for the first time. With any luck, I'll be able to update it with my next set of progress pictures by the end of this challenge!

I hope everyone is doing great, eating good, and working out! I started eating clean and hitting the gym for this challenge...and I'm SO happy to say that I broke my plateau and the pounds are just melting off!

lavieboheme73
01-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Your pics are awesome! I was about to go all mother hen on you for wanting to get below 100 lbs., but then I realized you're only 5 feet tall...so carry on!

Aclai4067
01-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Suggestion for those of you who are self conscious about working out at home: I don't like to workout in front of my roommate or family either. So if I need to get in a workout but I'm stuck at home I just do some strength stuff (squats, lunges, planks, crunches, and arm work with a resistance band). It's all stuff that I can descreetly do in my bedroom with the door shut!

lavieboheme73
01-12-2011, 07:32 PM
MAJOR setback: I went to the doctor today, and discovered that my home scale, where I weighed myself to start the challenge, is actually off by MORE THAN 20 FREAKING POUNDS! So instead of 306, I actually weigh in at 327.6...fabulous.

I have PM'd our team leader about this already, but I didn't want to start off on a dishonest foot. I don't know if we'll be able to change my stats...if we can't, I'll just base my weight loss on the starting weight on record, and count pounds lost instead of actual weight.

I'm sorry, team. :(

shan84
01-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Lavie- You will just post your new weight as your weigh in for this week whenever you weigh in. You will show a gain for the first week, but after that it will show your loss from the new number in the weeks to come.

lavieboheme73
01-12-2011, 08:29 PM
That'll work. Thanks!

ronan
01-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Doing well so far - counting points and getting half hour of intense exercise in each morning.

That sucks about the scale.

Go red team!

Sindaena
01-13-2011, 01:14 AM
So far, so good. Getting in my exercise, keeping calorie count under control.

Lavie - That's a major bummer about the scale. :(

CourtneyDaisey
01-13-2011, 06:50 AM
Lavie - Major bummer about the scale! Boo to that! Oh well. At least you know how far off your scale at home is now. it's okay though. Those 20 pounds will be gone before you know it! :)

Wild Vulpix - Congrats on breaking that plateau! And I LOVE your progress pics! Looking good!!!!! I can definitely see a big difference in the starting pics and the current ones. You go girl!!! :cheer:

School is closed yet again here today. Since I can't go to work due to that I am going to take my car in and have a little bit of work done on it. I wish cars never broke! I love this car but it does have 177450 miles on it, so it's been around the block more than several times. We're reaching that point where little things are starting to break on it. Both of our cars are older with that kind of mileage on them. The truck (which I usually drive) is completely out of commission at the moment because the head gasket blew. And now our Expedition has a cylinder 3 misfire according to my husband's code reader. The car is shaking violently when you drive it. But it's got to get fixed. Of course, so does the truck but we just don't have the money to repair the truck at the moment. So we're down to one car that needs repairing today. Oh such is life I guess. Someone once told me that you either have car payments or mechanic payments. I guess he was right.

My stupid sinuses are acting up again today. Oh how I wish I didn't have chronic sinus infections! This will be my second one since the colder weather set in. Time for meds again!

rainbowsmiles
01-13-2011, 10:05 AM

Bo....:hug: sorry about your scale dilema...still i know you are one awesome wonder woman and i know you aren't gonna let some silly number slow you down from reaching your goals!!! rock on honey!!

Courtney....:hug: I am like you...i really like courtney from TBL...now SHE really is an inspiration...look at how she was doing it on her own!! i want to be like that!! ps...i bet your daughter was just too adorable doing those exercises!

sindaena....:hug: way to be in control!!! keep on doing so well!!:carrot:

ronan...:hug: way to go getting your exercise on so early in the day!!! doesn't it just set you UP to have a GREAT day all day long!!! woohoo!!:D

aclai...:hug: i am sooooooooooo with you honey...just shut that door and crank up that music and get your exercise on!!!! :p

wild vulpix!!...:hug: you are doing such a fantastic job getting to your goal!! thanks for sharing your progress pics!! HOW MOTIVATING!!:smug:

:coach:OK ALL YOU DAZZLING FOXY CHARMING
ROCKIN' RED TEAM LADIES!!! :D:hug:

:kickbutt:HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY:kickbutt:

:swim:AND GET YOUR EXERCISE ON!!!:woops:

:DLAUGH...:belly:DANCE...:encore:SING....WOOHOOO!! :woohoo:
:hug:

:book2:EDUCATE YOURSELF!!!:book2:

augeremt
01-13-2011, 10:39 AM
lavie - That's a HUGE bummer! I had that same thing happen to me but it was only a 4 lb difference, but even then it sucked.

Wild Vulpix - Great photos and congrats on the progress. Your transformation is amazing from picture to picture. That must be great motivation to keep going. Keep it up!

As for me, I'm counting calories in that I'm writing down everything I'm eating but I have yet to actually count them. I just haven't had the patience to deal with my slow internet at home when trying to input each individual item. So I think that's the plan for today.

I've been pretty good about moving around lately, but not as good as I wanted to be. I restarted running yesterday, although I could've waited a couple days to wait for the snow and ice to melt, but I was sick of being melted to the couch. So I ran/slowly jogged to get a small workout in, and I'm glad. Today I think I'll go for the next run in the series to try to slowly catch up to where I'm supposed to be.

On a completely unrelated note, I showed up to class at 8 am today to see if I had gotten off the wait-list (which I didn't, but I'm actually happy about that). So instead, I went to the library to get some work done and kill some time before my meeting with my boss and the little side-room I'm in is packed! At 8 am! On a Thursday! The first week of school! Who are these college kids studying so early in the morning? They can't possibly have an exam already. I don't get it.

That is all for me. I hope everyone's doing well on the red team!

TERAPET
01-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Good Morning Girls,

I am sitting here trying to decide whether to brave the icy streets to get to work. I am soooo over sitting at home but afraid of driving on icy hills. I miss my Y classes. Sigh.

I have been struggling to get back to my food plan since the holidays. Yesterday was my classic "good all day until evening" thing when I indulged in several things to eat that I have no business getting even within smelling distance if I intend to live a healthy and slim lifestyle. I am going to do it today though. Enough is enough!

CourtneyDaisy-Sorry to hear about your car situation. It is hard to balance the car payment versus car repairs dilemma. Hope you and your car are better soon.

rainbowsmiles-I love your enthusiasm. Let's get it done!

rainbowsmiles
01-13-2011, 01:17 PM
:cheer2: ROCK ON RED TEAM :cheer2:

:coach: CALLING ALL RED TEAM MEMBERS: i was checking over our team list...and we are sooo close to being 100% listed on the RED TEAM WEIGH IN THREAD.... so if you ladies know any of the members who have NOT signed in, please take time to jot them a message...and encourage them to all POST IN...so no one misses out!!

FLUFFYDIVAH29, ERINJO04, DONNAKAYEE, TERAPET

I am super excited about having a RED TEAM...and having others know what you are going through makes all the difference!!! So please...if you are reading this, and have not yet signed in...please do so!! Or if you are reading this and see someone YOU CAN ENCOURAGE....maybe they got busy, or they forgot, of they are having a bad week....maybe we can just encourage them to sign in....and make it a NEW DAY!!!

COME ON TEAM....WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER...NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO LOSE!!! WE ARE A TEAM!! WE ROCK!!

JayTee
01-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Thanks Rainbow smiles. You're all over these chats offering encouragement. Terapet, I feel your pain. I was good all day yesterday until I decided to have a glass of wine while making dinner. Big mistake. Out went my will power and one thing lead to another. :(

Today is a new day. No wine tonight!

Keep going RED!

Sindaena
01-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Go TEAM Red!

I'm on track for today, morning workout done, heading out to the do jang with the kids for the late afternoon/evening... they will bug me into joining them for the last class. And as a bonus, no food available to snack on before dinner. Win-win. :)

JayTee - today is indeed a new day. I have that problem with wine too. The calories in one glass are easy to account for, it's the tendency to lose focus after drinking it and eat everything in sight that gets me as well.

CourtneyDaisey
01-13-2011, 07:38 PM
JayTee - I have a bottle of white wine in the fridge that needs to be finished before it goes funky. There's about a glass left. I may just drain it tomorrow night and be done with it.

Terapet - Thanks for the kind words about my car situation. We did get the Expedition fixed today. One car fixed and one to go! :)

I did hit the gym today and did 60 minutes on the elliptical! :cheer: I was so pleased! I couldn't help but notice the girl on the elliptical beside me. She was young, probably either a high school senior or college freshman. I was doing Crossramp 6 Resistance 4. She was doing Crossramp 18 Resistance 8! I just about died watching her but she was going to town on that piece of equipment! Talk about motivation! I was pumped just watching her! That helped me to stay motivated while I was working out too. someday I hope to rock the elliptical as much as this gal did today! It was cool to see!

Sadly I have to go back to work tomorrow. Snowcation 2011 will be over. Oh well. I knew it would have to end sometime.

chickadee dee dee
01-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Hey red team!

Lavie- That stinks about the weight discrepancy!

Courtney- I completely understand the car situation. My DH and I are down to one car right now. Mine finally bit the dust in September. The brakes are totally shot, and it would cost more to fix than the car is worth so we decided to call it quits with that one. The one car between two of us has been working out OK. It saves on gas money anyway! But I'm glad you got yours fixed. It can be stressful.

JayTee- Yesterday was yesterday and today is today, we all mess up once in awhile, what's important is that you get back on the wagon! You can do it!!

Rainbowsmiles- I love your enthusiasm, and your positive attitude :) your posts always make me smile :)

Doing pretty well here. It was tough going with the gym for me today, work was really long and boring, and I didn't feel like going but I made myself go. I'm glad I did now. So far have been on plan all week with eating too, so yay!

wen
01-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Love reading all the posts. Keep it up everyone!

I'm doing good on the WW program, which is all new to me. I think so far that it is a great tool to get back on track with eating better and portion control. Just now getting out of the staying hungry stage. Can't wait to weigh in Sunday to see a weeks result.

I had some great workouts last weekend and still feel better/stronger for it, but this week has been tough due to migraines... I haven't been able to exercise all week. I'm hoping tomorrow night I can get back on track. Having the migraines make it so so hard to do the right thing when it comes to lunch & dinner and to stick with water instead of soda - I just want to give in and say the heck with it as I just don't feel good enough to take care with eating right...but I have managed to stick it out.

Watched Biggest Loser again this week - they really do motivate me!! If they can, I can.

rainbowsmiles
01-13-2011, 10:14 PM
:cheer2:GO RED TEAM GO:cheer2:
:goodluck:WE ARE GOING TO ROCK THIS CHALLENGE!!!:goodluck:
:dust:

:book2:INTERESTING TID BITS OF INFO I READ TODAY!!:comp:

"Wearing something RED - even if it's just a watch or shoes - makes you feel energized:tantrum:, more confident:dancer:, and happier all day:flow2:." says color therapist Leatrice Eiseman

Did you know???? RED is the Rainbows :rain:most stimulating hue, studies show JUST LOOKING AT IT...can rev up your metabolism:tantrum:!!

OK....RED TEAM....WEAR SOMETHING RED ALL WEEKEND...
AND KICK BUTT IN THE LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!!

:carrot:ROCK ON RED TEAM!! BOOYAH!!!:carrot:

Sindaena
01-14-2011, 12:54 AM
Well, no Tae Kwon Do tonight, but at least I got in a workout this morning. I was pretty bummed, but I had told the kids it was up to them and they were beat and wanted to go home an hour early instead of staying for the family class tonight.

Tomorrow morning - Leg workout and nothing planned for the evening.

G'night all - Go Team Red!

shan84
01-14-2011, 02:06 AM
Sorry no time for personals the last couple of days. My life hit a rock and slammed my body into it hard today. Found out the school I'm at has decided not to renew my contract. So I have to find another job or decide what I'm going to do for the next year. At least I have 6 months to figure it out. But I'm a mess right now...so again, sorry for no personals.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and don't forget to post your weigh in before Sunday night.

TERAPET
01-14-2011, 09:10 AM
shna84-Wow, that is some bad news! I am so sorry. :hug: Try not to let it rock you too much. Be empowered.

Ladybug2680
01-14-2011, 09:54 AM
So I figured I better hop in and introduce myself.

I'm Dori, a 30 y/o mom, wife, and Special Education teacher. I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, so I decided this year would be the year I would do something about it. I'm following WW's and so far I'm doing good. I'm hoping to join a gym in the area at the end of the month and that will allow me to get in the much needed exercise. Well I must run for now. My students will be arriving in a few short minutes. I look forward to getting to know you all.

peanutt
01-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Shan - :hug: Sorry to hear about that. At least you still have some time to figure things out.

MadamButterfly
01-14-2011, 11:04 AM
I saw this thread for the blue team but I guess I kept missing the red team thread.

This might be long, I'm kind of long winded . . . I'm 41, new to the whole weight loss thing (until an accident on the job, ten years ago, I never weighed over 138, sorry, but that was me) Now, I'm ready to be back where I was . . . so 3 months ago I announced to my roommate "I'm tired of being fat . . . and so it goes.

My basic philosophy is "Move more, eat less" and eat less is actually eating healthier, e.g. making better choices. (I still have chocolate, I allow myself 5 dark chocolate hershey kisses per day, it's more of a mental thing for me and you can't save them up, it's a use them or lose them . . .) besides I don't want my body to freak out when I have a goodie or two once I reach my goal.

I started with the BL Last chance workout and now rotate that DVD with Jillian's 30 Day Shred and her Six-week, Six pack abs . . . BUT I ordered the Zumba DVDS and am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for them to arrive !!!!! I think I saw a few people doing Zumba . . . I'm still reading everyones intro . . .

OK, I told you I'm long winded . . . UGH and Oh No . . . yup that's me

Hope everyone is having a great week, I'm so excited for Sunday to arrive so we can all post our NEW weights.

Lets see how much BUTTER we can melt away . . .:carrot:

CourtneyDaisey
01-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Welcome MadamButterfly and Ladybug :cheer:

Shan - That stinks! I am so sorry your life is in turmoil at the moment. I have confidence that you will persevere and find something else soon. :)

I am back at work today and on lunch break right now. Man...seeing 92 emails in my inbox was not fun! I am slowly digging my way through them. It is going to be a very long day.

Sindaena
01-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Welcome MadamButterfly and Ladybug :broc:

Courtney - At least it's Friday... Do you have a long weekend? Schools and corporate type offices are all closed here on Monday.

Go Team Red!

YWeight
01-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Hi Everyone....
Like everyone else, work is crazy and I am swamped. I will catch up and read everything, and I am sorry that I haven't done that yet.
I wanted to jump on here and log my weight....I am very happy to report a loss for the first week. It was no crazy double digit first week number like those fortunate folks on the show post, but it is a loss.

Hang in there with me, I promise to be a more visible and active teammate.

Good luck to everyone on their weigh in's....

Vanetta

CharlieJune
01-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Hey Everyone! I'm CharlieJune. I'm a teacher in a tiny town in WV. I have two children-one is 28 and the other is 3! lol People are always assuming my 3 year old is my grandchild but I proudly tell 'em "Nope, she's all mine!"
I started this journey last year, dropped a few pounds and then just stopped. I have no idea why I just stopped but I did. After spending Christmas break with my little one and feeling terrible because I could barely get down on the floor to play with her, I decided that I HAVE to do it this time. So, here I am.
I am so out of shape it's embarrassing. My husband got me a Kinect for Christmas and I have used it all this week and am able to do a whopping ten/eleven minutes! How the heck did I get this out of shape? LOL Not gonna beat myself up about it though-I'm here for a positive change and that begins with me. If I can work out for thirty seconds, that's more than I did last week and it may be more than someone else will ever be able to do.....so no time for throwing a pity party.
I have worked my butt off this week-I hope literally!-and haven't weighed in because I'm waiting til Sunday. I wish us all luck!

Have an awesome weekend!

BlueEyes65
01-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Hey Red team! I am wayyyyy behind, lol.(like5-7 pages) Anywho ,welcome to all the gals ,stick around and you will find these gals are great!
I can not (tonight)catch up on all the personals , so about me... I have been on plan all week,( except for today) Came home from work * HUNGRY*, I got into the cheese & crackers ( I LOVE CHEESE....) I gave up supper because I went over the edge....

ON an up note I ordered some dvds from amazon tonight which I look foward to! WOOHOO!( WATP--the 5 mile one & 30 day shred) Good luck RED TEAM!!!!!

MadamButterfly
01-15-2011, 12:49 AM
Thanks to all for the welcome, I'm so excited to be on the red team (I don't know why but I think we are gonna kick some blue butt or maybe we're going to kick their butts blue . . . (Oh, I am so funny in my own head)

Blue Eyes, I started the 30 day shred a few weeks ago, but I alternate it with the Six-week, Six-pack abs and The Biggest Loser last chance workout (I do each one twice during the week) Then on Sat I do the WATP 5 mile . . . The 30 day shred kicks my butt, but I love that it is so short . . . Today I did level 1 (as usual) but then my curiosity got the best of me and I did Level 2 after about a 5 min break. I'm sore now, I just hope I can move tomorrow . . .

Good luck to everyone as Sunday is almost here . . .

Tuca125
01-15-2011, 01:10 AM
hi girls ... i just past to say hi. I hope everyone is doing OK.
I Wi this Monday at 130 and today at 133 ... i post my Monday WI since is the day i count , but been today at 133 is very discourage , i do not have an idea what is going on whit my body right now .... i hope everything goes back to normal.

Wish a nice weekend to all of you.

CourtneyDaisey
01-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Sindaena - Sadly no. Even though government offices and schools are closed on Monday, my day care said they would be open. So I'll have a normal 2 day weekend.

CALLING ALL RED TEAM MEMBERS:
There, now that I have your attention...today is Saturday. You know what that means! Tomorrow is weigh in!!!!! So, what are we going to do about that? Do something healthy! Put down the soda and grab the water bottle! Avoid the doughnuts and pick up an apple! And get off that couch and get moving! Remember that exercise is the key to dropping pounds, feeling better, and being healthier!

This is our LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!!! So go! It doesn't matter if you :carrot: or :strong: or :ebike: or :running: or working out on the Wii! Just get moving! the only person you have to beat in this challenge is yourself!

I know you can do it!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

GO RED TEAM!!!!!!

BlueEyes65
01-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Good Morning Red Team:coffee2::yawn:

Madam Butterfly- you have me pumped now to receive my dvds. I just really need something different to do. I need something to kick my butt. LOL!

wfonseca- I weight in all to often( everyday) I too get discouraged seeing the weight up and down.I'm working on getting my mind set just to weigh once a week and take it for what it is, I try to think about where I began with this and that seems to help me... Good Luck and Hang in there.:hug:

Coutrney- LOL! You are a bundle of energy:carrot:. You really have me wanting to get off here and get moving so that I will do.:goodluck::running:

CourtneyDaisey
01-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks BlueEyes65!!!! :) After making that post I did 30 minutes of Wii bowling and 15 minutes of Wii boxing. the boxing still makes me sweat! I guess that goes to show how out of shape I am. but the more I do it, the longer I'll be able to go! :cheer:

Chickadee - I was looking into the weigh in thread and saw that YOU HIT ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!! :broc: :broc: :broc: That's totally awesome!!!!!!

Congrats on everyone for posting their weigh ins so far! You'll be seeing mine tomorrow and I hope it's a good one!

rainbowsmiles
01-15-2011, 11:13 AM
This is our LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!!! So go! It doesn't matter if you :carrot: or :strong: or :ebike: or :running: or working out on the Wii! Just get moving! the only person you have to beat in this challenge is yourself!

I know you can do it!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

just got back from the gym....30 mins..and 7 miles on bike, 15 mins weight lifting....1 hr swimming laps!! whew!!
i was sooooo tired after about 30 mins swimming...but i kept hearing someone screaming in my ear....

SUSAN...THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE WORKOUT:rollpin:....ARE YOU GONNA LET THAT BLUE TEAM BEAT YOU??? :frypan:HUH HUH??? IS THAT ALL YOU GOT!! GIVE ME 20 MORE LAPS!!! GET YOUR BUTT IN GEAR!!:kickbutt:
and i thought it was jillian....come to find out it was
COURTNEY DAISEY!!! whoooopwhoooop!!!

:cheer2:ROCK ON RED TEAM:cheer2:

THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE WORKOUT....GET YOUR EXERCISE ON!! COME ON NOW, WE ARE A TEAM...WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER!!:grouphug: BOOYAH
:dust:!!!!

MadamButterfly
01-15-2011, 11:58 AM
LOLOLOL, I'm laughing sooooooooooooo hard Courtney and Rainbow Smiles you two crack me up . . . I did Jillian's 30 Day shred (Level 1) yesterday then when I was doing the cool down I let my curiosity get the better of me and I did Level 2 with about a 5 minute break in between . . . and this am I did BL Last chance workout, but I bumped my weights from 5 lb to 8 lbs :barbell: . . . OMG who thought 3 lbs would make a difference . . . I think I'm ready for the weigh in . . . :goodscale:

wfonseca: hang in there, the scale gods WILL reward you in the end !!!!!

Everyone have a GREAT day . . . I'm so excited to see all the weigh-ins tomorrow!!!!

Just melt that BUTTER away!!

Bette k
01-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Hi Red Team
I just posted my weight, I'm going to try to get it done on Satrudays because the Sunday posting always ends up not getting done at the right time. I lost 4 lbs from my original weight, but I'm sure it won't happen again. I hear from DS, he is in the Army, and deployed last week but hasn't arrived at his final destination yet. He posted on facebook that he was bummed about not seeing any camels yet. DD is playing on the WII she got for Christmas. I need to get some games for it for myself.
My goal for the coming week is to quit drinking pop. I told DH that I'm going to quit on Monday because I will be alnoe at home all day and no one gets hurt. I have quit for long periods of time several times and wish I hadn't gotten started again, but it was a stress reliever this past year. So for today and tomorrow I will drink my diet dr pepper out of a champagne flute so I can enjoy my last bit of pop in a classy way :D
My other goal is to eat more veges and fruit. I still have a bunch of oranges and I'm going back to making lots of stir frys. The bad part of it is since my dad lives with us we have stopped eating chicken, because he doesn't like it and I need to keep him fed well. His dr doesn't want him to lose any weight.

Shan, sorry to hear about your job. sending you lots of prayers and good wishes for finding a better one.
Charlie June, I had my DD when I was 42, I know what it's like being the oldest parent at the school events. The funny part is my DS is friends with the grandson of a woman I graduated from HS with.
Lynn, have you thought about training for a half marathon with Team in Training, they have a good training program and you are doing a good thing in fighting blood cancers.
Rainbow smiles You are so upbeat and your posts are so cheerful. I enjoy reading them.

peanutt
01-15-2011, 12:19 PM
I love coming in here and seeing everyone's enthusiasm and encouragement....awesome! DH and I are off to the gym shortly and I'm sure I'll hear CourtneyDaisey and rainbowsmiles shouting at me on the treadmill. I already weighed in for this week this morning and I'm now down over 45lbs from my SW last summer (down 2.7lbs for week 1 of the challenge).

Get up and get moving today, Red Team! I think it's gonna be a great week!

rainbowsmiles
01-15-2011, 12:42 PM
:boxing:*** LAST CHANCE WORKOUT ***:boxing:

BE SCARED...:crazy:
BE VERY AFRAID....:club:
:spid:I'M WATCHING YOU!!:spid:

:kickbutt:WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR....
GET OFF YOUR REAR....
AND GET IT IN GEAR!!!:kickbutt:

:kickbutt:THIS IS A GOOD DAY TO GROW STRONGER!!!:kickbutt:

:coach:YOU CAN DO IT!!!:coach:

:goodluck:ROCK ON
RED TEAM
ROCK ON!!:goodluck:

:congrat: HUGE CONGRATULATIONS
TO THE MORE THAN 5 POUND
LOSERS SO FAR!!! :congrat:

:bravo: DESIDOO...i see a starting weight of 346 and a current weight of 335....WOW....an 11 pound LOSS!! Not only did you lose 11 pounds....you moved that ticker from the 40's into the 30's!!!:hug: WAY TO GO!!

:bravo: JAYTEE...i see a starting weight of 224.5 and a current weight of 215.5....WOW....a 9 pound LOSS!! You're rockin' it into those teens!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!

:bravo: ICEQUEEN...i see a starting weight of 267 and a current weight of 259....WOW....an 8 pound LOSS!! Look at you out of those 60's and into the 50's!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!

:bravo: BEAUTYANDTHEBEAST...i see a starting weight of 163 and a current weight of 155.6....WOW....a 7.4 pound LOSS!! You knocked those 60's way outta here and are now in the 50's!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!

:bravo: SINDAENA...i see a starting weight of 166.6 and a current weight of 159....WOW....a 7.6 pound LOSS!! Way to get that 60 number gone bye bye!! and into those glorious 50's!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!

:bravo: GETTINFIT......i see a starting weight of 225.2 and a current weight of 217.8....WOW....a 7.4 pound LOSS!! Goodby 20's....hello teens!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!

:bravo: CHICKADEE DEE DEE...i see a starting weight of 202 and a current weight of 195.2....WOW....a 6.8 pound LOSS and a ONE WAY TRIP TO ONDERLAND!!!!! ALL ABOARD THAT ONDERLAND TRAIN...CHOOOCHOOOO!! WOOHOOO :hug: WAY TO GO!!

AND TO ALL YOU OTHER AMAZING LOSERS!!!
KEEP ROCKIN ON!!
THIS IS YOUR YEAR!!

GreenTeaYum
01-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Hello Ladies!!! (and gents? if any...)

Hope everyone's week has gone well. I start my weeks fresh on Sunday, so today is the last day for me to get the rest of my steps in and I have been working my butt off this morning so far. It's still pretty nasty outside, so I have been working out with my Wii all day. I have about 6,000 steps in, but I would like to get at least 10,000. My goal is to get 17,000 to beat my all-time record. (I use my fitbit, a nifty pedometer that tracks everything.)

CourtneyDaisey
01-15-2011, 02:06 PM
rainbowsmiles - :woops: YOU GO GIRL WITH YOUR WORKIN' OUT SELF!!!!! ROCK ON!!!! :D :D :D I just about died laughing at the idea of me yelling in someone's ear like Jillian! Hee hee! But...if I look that hot at the end of this journey, SWEET!!!!!!

I've done a LOT on the Wii today but none of it is as good as WATP would be. Perhaps I should get off the couch and get off this laptop and put in that DVD!

:coach: :running::running::running::running:

:cheer:

JayTee
01-15-2011, 04:19 PM
OMG Rainbow Smiles...I LOVE YOUR ENTHUSIASM!!!!!!!
Yes, a 9lb loss, and now that I know you're watching all of us, I think I may go work out again right now.

KEEP GOING REDS!!!!!

Beatin' Blue--that's what we do!!!!

BellaLucia
01-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Go CharlieJune!

shan84
01-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Love the enthusiasm on here. Don't forget to weigh in on Sunday before 10pm AST (Google the time zone if you don't know what it is compared to your time zone).

Good luck to everyone! GO RED TEAM!!

CharlieJune
01-15-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks, FoodObsessed! You go, too! :) I worked out Twelve minutes today!! LOL :)

Sindaena
01-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Keep up the good work everyone! Go TEAM RED! :)

I did W2D2 of C25K today - just about killed me since I was still sore from yesterday's leg workout. Tomorrow is my resty day - low key walk n stuff.

Angie
01-15-2011, 11:34 PM
Hi red team!

I'm just back from a week-long trip for work, and I'm happy to report that I did manage to lose a little while I was out of town.

Going to post this mornings weigh in now, in case I forget to get in here tomorrow.

BellaLucia
01-16-2011, 06:41 AM
It's weigh in day! Happy Sunday gang! What plans are you following nutrition wise. I'm doing South Beach.

CourtneyDaisey
01-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Good morning folks!!!!!!

You all know what today is!!!

WEIGH IN DAY!!!!!!

http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/thebiggestloser_mark_pinhasovich_scale_640_nbc.jpg

I know it's scary! But it's time to see the fruits of our labor all week! As for me, I lost 3.6 pounds. It's not as much as I wanted to see, but after looking back at my nutritional journal on here I can see why the number was up from Wednesday. Too much Mexican food will do it to a body. I know where I need to make some changes next week.

On the fitness side of things, boy are my arms sore after my Wii workouts yesterday! I'd forgotten how good of a workout the Wii can be for my upper body. I am already looking forward to more swordfighting, boxing, and canoeing on there! I also am going to see if I can make it to the gym one extra time this next week. After all, the show's contestants say that Week 2 is the worst one for weight loss. I want the Red Team to have an awesome loss for Week 2!

I will be looking forward to seeing the posts come in today for everyone's weigh in! Good luck folks!!!!! :D

CharlieJune
01-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Good morning, Everyone! It is a VERY good morning for me! :) I lost eight pounds and I am soooo excited! When I stopped trying to lose weight last year, I was at 249. I was 247 this morning which is the lowest I have weighed in at least ten years!! I know I won't lose eight pounds in one week again BUT I also know that each pound I lose is now going to be a new number for me. Go Red Team! :)

Have an awesome day, Everyone!

CourtneyDaisey
01-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Good morning, Everyone! It is a VERY good morning for me! :) I lost eight pounds and I am soooo excited! When I stopped trying to lose weight last year, I was at 249. I was 247 this morning which is the lowest I have weighed in at least ten years!! I know I won't lose eight pounds in one week again BUT I also know that each pound I lose is now going to be a new number for me. Go Red Team! :)

Have an awesome day, Everyone!

WOO HOO!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

8 pounds GONE! You go girl!!!!!!!

rainbowsmiles
01-16-2011, 09:27 AM
great job charliejune!!!! way to go!!! keep up the GREAT work!!
GO RED TEAM GO!!! ROCKIN' RED!!

MadamButterfly
01-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Go CharlieJune !!!! OMG I was looking at the weigh-ins and everyone is doing SOOOOOOOOOOOO well!!! I just hope I can keep up as I saw some high numbers 11 pounds (that's 44 sticks of butter, AMAZING . . . we are going to kick the blue teams butt!!!

Everyone hang in there and just keep moving . . .

Courtney: 3.6 lbs is nothing to sneeze at (14 sticks of butter . . . . think about it . . .

Everyone just have a great day and take it one day at a time or one hour at a time if you're having pizza cravings like I was last night . . . (PMS) UGH!!

HUGS to ALL

rainbowsmiles
01-16-2011, 11:17 AM
As for me, I lost 3.6 pounds. It's not as much as I wanted to see....

LOOK AT YOU!!!! KICKING THOSE POUNDS GONE FOREVEA BABY!!!

:kickcan::sp: 1 POUND GONE!!!
:kickcan::sp: 2 POUNDS GONE!!!
:kickcan::sp: 3 POUNDS GONE!!! WHOOOOP WHOOOOOP!!

:cp:CELEBRATE!!!! :cp:

kris2008
01-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Okay - so I'm only down .2. It was going to be lots worse though before I hiked with the dogs yesterday and did lots of cardio this morning before I weighed. Now I'm out the door to meet my sister for more dog hiking! I've got the fever and I won't let you guys down next Sunday! It will be my big "first" weigh-in since I was such a slug this week!

CourtneyDaisey
01-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Any loss is a loss, Kris! :cheer: MadamButterfly and rainbowSmiles have helped me to realize that too. ;)

Now that I think about it....that is a LOT of butter! Holy moly! :eek:

GO RED TEAM!!!!!!

MadamButterfly
01-16-2011, 03:13 PM
LOLOLOL, courtney, glad I could help, what was it 14 sticks of butter . . . you could lay them out end to end it would probably go across your kitchen table and back again . . . or think about taking duct tape and taping them all over your body . . . my mind just cracks me up . . .

A friend of mine used the whole butter thing . . . if you asked her how much weight she lost; she would always respond in sticks of butter . . . e.g. Well, this past month I lost 38 sticks of butter . . . it helped her and i'm glad it is helping others . .

Courtney/Rainbowsmiles or anyone else . . . OK, off to more serious things . . . I edited my post on the Weigh-in/Sign-up . . . is that all I need to do? . . . Sorry I'm a newbie . . .

Edit:

BLUEEYES: Did you get your DVDs???? My zumba should arrive Tuesday!!! so excited!!!

rainbowsmiles
01-16-2011, 03:17 PM
LOLOLOL, courtney, glad I could help, what was it 14 sticks of butter . . . you could lay them out end to end it would probably go across your kitchen table and back again . . . or think about taking duct tape and taping them all over your body . . . my mind just cracks me up . . .

A friend of mine used the whole butter thing . . . if you asked her how much weight she lost; she would always respond in sticks of butter . . . e.g. Well, this past month I lost 38 sticks of butter . . . it helped her and i'm glad it is helping others . .

Courtney/Rainbowsmiles or anyone else . . . OK, off to more serious things . . . I edited my post on the Weigh-in/Sign-up . . . is that all I need to do? . . . Sorry I'm a newbie . . .

hmmm i don't really know, as this is my first challenge too!! i just updated the weight on the red team weigh in thread?? i think that is where we add it, so i think you are good to go!! and by the way, WAY TO GO ON THAT AMAZING WEIGHT LOSS!! WHOOOOP WHOOOOOP BOOYAH!! MADAMBUTTERFLY IS IN DA HOUSE ROCKIN THE RED TEAM ON TO VICTORY!! YEAHUH!! BABY!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

JayTee
01-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Congrats to all on making it through the week and especially to DesiDoo on that 11 lb. loss!!!!

rainbowsmiles
01-16-2011, 03:41 PM
hey cherrypie....:hug:ok...so you didn't have a weight loss THIS WEEK...you didn't GAIN....you managed to hold your own and THAT IN MY BOOK DESERVES A SMILE:D:D:D:D:D....so go wipe that frown right off that WEIGH IN page!! CAUSE YOU ARE GONNA ROCK WEEK 2!!! WHOOOP WHOOOOP!!:carrot:
C-H-E-R-R-Y-B-A-B-Y!!!

rainbowsmiles
01-16-2011, 04:18 PM
KEEP ON
:cheer2:ROCKIN':cheer2:
RED TEAM
WHOOOOP WHOOOOOOP!!:D:D

:bravo: SHADESOFGRAY...i see a starting weight of 189.8 and a current weight of 187.8....WOW....an 2 pound LOSS!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: ACLAI4067...i see a starting weight of 234.2 and a current weight of 229.2....WOW....a 5 pound LOSS!! You're rockin' it!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: CHERRYPIE...i see a starting weight of 224 and a current weight of 224....WOW....you managed to maintain and not lose control!!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: BLUEEYES65...i see a starting weight of 158 and a current weight of 156....WOW....a 2 pound LOSS!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: PEANUTT...i see a starting weight of 225.9 and a current weight of 223.2....WOW....a 2.7 pound LOSS!! Way to ROCK THIS RED TEAM!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: ANGIE......i see a starting weight of 232 and a current weight of 227.4....WOW....a 5.6 pound LOSS!! Goodby 30's....hello 20's!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: CHARLIEJUNE...i see a starting weight of 255 and a current weight of 247....WOW....an 8 pound LOSS and WAY TO ROCK INTO THE 40'S!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

rainbowsmiles
01-16-2011, 04:29 PM
KEEP ON
RED TEAM

:bravo: MADAMBUTTERFLY...i see a starting weight of 181.6 and a current weight of 177.2....WOW....a 4.4 pound LOSS!! ROCK ON 70'S!!! YOU ARE AT MY GOAL!!! OOOO I HEART YOU!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: CANADAMEL ...i see a starting weight of 151.8 and a current weight of 151.4....WOW ~ .4 pound LOSS!! You're rockin' it!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: FOODOBSESSED...i see a starting weight of 308 and a current weight of 308....WOW....you managed to maintain and NOT lose control!!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: LUCKYCHARM...i see a starting weight of 234 and a current weight of 232....WOW....a 2 pound LOSS!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: WILD VULPIX...i see a starting weight of 131 and a current weight of 128.6....WOW....a 2.4 pound LOSS!! Way to ROCK THIS RED TEAM!!! I AM SO IMPRESSED....with the smallest player, YOU ROCKED THIS WEEK 1 CHALLENGE!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: WEN......i see a starting weight of 215 and a current weight of 210....WOW....a 5 pound LOSS!! YOU ARE DOING AWESOME!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: GYPSYLOVE...i see a starting weight of 248 and a current weight of 245....WOW....a 3 pound LOSS and WAY TO ROCK THE 40'S!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

rainbowsmiles
01-16-2011, 04:39 PM
KEEP ON
RED TEAM

:bravo: HUNGRY4ACHANGE...i see a starting weight of 157.2 and a current weight of 152.2....WOW....a 5 pound LOSS!! YOU ARE REALLY IN CHARGE!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: TSCHAFF04...i see a starting weight of 195 and a current weight of 190.6....WOW....a 4.4 pound LOSS!! You're rockin' it!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: WFONSECA3017...i see a starting weight of 131.8 and a current weight of 130....WOW....A 1.8 POUND LOSS!!! What a GREAT percentage!! YOU ARE DOING IT!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: RATED...i see a starting weight of 175 and a current weight of 174.5....WOW....a .5 pound LOSS!!! WAY TO HANG TOUGH AND HELP ROCK THIS RED TEAM!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: LADYBUY2680...i see a starting weight of 192 and a current weight of 190....WOW....a 2 pound LOSS!! Way to ROCK THIS RED TEAM!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: COURTNEYDAISEY......i see a starting weight of 247 and a current weight of 243.4....WOW....a 3.6 pound LOSS!! THIS IS YOUR YEAR!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: FAEART...i see a starting weight of 164 and a current weight of 162.8....WOW....a 1.2 pound LOSS and WAY TO ROCK THOSE 60'S!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

rainbowsmiles
01-16-2011, 04:55 PM
:oI'M SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!:o
:DCAN'T YOU TELL!!:D

THE FABULOUS WEEK 1 CHALLENGE!!!

KEEP ON
RED TEAM

:bravo: AMBERD...i see a starting weight of 168 and a current weight of 166.6....WOW....a 1.4 pound LOSS!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: WENDYCHIC...i see a starting weight of 253 and a current weight of 245.6....WOW....a 7.4 pound LOSS!! You're rockin' it!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: YWEIGHT...i see a starting weight of 262.2 and a current weight of 258.6....WOW....A 3.6 POUND LOSS!!! you just rocked your way into those 50'sl!!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: KRIS2008...i see a starting weight of 173 and a current weight of 172.8....WOW....a .2 pound LOSS!! You're rockin' it!!! KEEP ON STAYING FOCUSED!! YOU'RE GONNA ROCK WEEK 2 GF!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: BETTE K...i see a starting weight of 242 and a current weight of 238....WOW....a 4 pound LOSS!!! WAY TO ROCK THAT SCALE!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: SKINNYCOW126...i see a starting weight of 201 and a current weight of 197....WOW....a 4 pound LOSS!! Way to ROCK THIS RED TEAM!!! AND ROCK IT ALL THE WAY INTO THAT SWEET SWEET LAND OF ONDERLAND!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: AUGEREMT......i see a starting weight of 216.5 and a current weight of 212.5...WOW....a 4 pound LOSS!! THAT IS SUPERB...KEEP IT UP...ROCK ON!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: LADYINWEIGHTING...i see a starting weight of 150 and a current weight of 149....WOW....a 1 pound LOSS!! You're rockin' it!!! ROCKED ALL THE WAY INTO THE 40'S!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

:bravo: KIML1214...i see a starting weight of 251 and a current weight of 260....WOW....rough week!! don't frown!! it happens. I AM SOOOO VERY PROUD OF YOU FOR STAYING COMMITTED AND POSTING AND NOT GIVING UP OR TAKING A FREEBIE!! WHAT COURAGE! YOU ARE GONNA ROCK WEEK 2!!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

ronan
01-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Rainbow, I love your enthusiasm! Thanks for the team spirit!

lavieboheme73
01-16-2011, 05:40 PM
OK, weigh-in posted for the first week!

I have to say, the scale issue that I experienced this week was quite a shock and a wake-up call, but it had a desired effect of kicking me in the pants and getting me back to where I need to be. I am happy to report a

2.8 pund loss this week...boy, is it good to see that little ticker moving back in the right direction! :carrot:

LET'S KEEP IT POPPIN'! WE CAN DO THIS!!

rainbowsmiles
01-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Rainbow, I love your enthusiasm! Thanks for the team spirit!

THANK YOU SO MUCH :)

:bravo: RONAN...i see a starting weight of 155 and a current weight of 151....WOW....a 4 pound LOSS!! :hug: WAY TO GO!!:carrot:

rainbowsmiles
01-16-2011, 06:01 PM
OK, weigh-in posted for the first week!

I have to say, the scale issue that I experienced this week was quite a shock and a wake-up call, but it had a desired effect of kicking me in the pants and getting me back to where I need to be. I am happy to report a

2.8 pund loss this week...boy, is it good to see that little ticker moving back in the right direction! :carrot:

LET'S KEEP IT POPPIN'! WE CAN DO THIS!!

WAY TO GO BO!!!!

rainbowsmiles
01-16-2011, 06:07 PM
:bravo::hug::hug:HUGSSSS SHANNON....you're under a LOT of stress....and you did an AWESOME job of maintaining and not letting all the stress get you out of control!!! WAY TO GO!!

DesiDoo
01-16-2011, 06:08 PM
GREAT FIRST WEEK RED TEAM!!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK AND LET'S KEEP ROCKIN IN WEEK TWO!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot:

shan84
01-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Red Team- All you have to do is edit your week one weigh in on the weigh in thread and your finished. Don't forget as you only have less than 3 hours left to do so. If you forget, you will use your first freebie of the challenge- you only get two.

New threads for week 2 will be up soon.