Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-09-2011, 02:47 PM   #1  

Default A massive day. (Food wise)

So for the bast 3 and a half weeks or so, I have been hitting the gym almost daily for a fair level of Weight training and Cardio. My calories have been mostly the same on a day to day basis, with few changes in my overall eating quantity of calories.

Until today.

I took a day off from the gym since I was pretty sore and felt even though it was a cardio day that there was a potential risk of hurting myself, so I took it off.

Hungry does not even begin to describe how much I ate today.

We are talking massive hunger here, and not cravings, we are talking stomach growling, water does nothing to aleviate so it's not a hydration issue hunger.

three thousand calories of hunger so far from 6 pm January 8th till this time right now.

Now bare in mind I hit the gym this morning and I had energy and strength, and improvement on all my exercises cardio and weight training alike, I am talking some real noticeable stuff here for me.

What I am wondering is as follows, I anticipate the possibility of plateauing and even potential gain here and there due to increased muscle mass. But are occasional strikes of massive hunger normal while dieting and exercising. Also bare in mind that none of this is junk food and it is all plenty healthy and filled with nutrition.

Yeah long story short is a massive bout of hunger normal now and again while dieting and exercising? Is it also possible that this is a new energy need on my bodies part that just now struck today out of the blue?

Of course I could just wait and have the passage of time tell me, but alot of you seem more knowledgeable then me on such topics, so I figured I might get a potentially early idea of what I need to prepare for.
Ultreos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Sounds like your body just need a calorie boost, and you responded well with food that was high in nutrients. I've had days like that when I'm working out more for a long period of time.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Just my opinion, but perhaps your body is telling you that it needs more calories on an ongoing basis. It's hard to know without specific details, but most of us have to find what works and it isn't the same for any of us as for any other. if you are doing a lot of exercise, it stands to reason that your body might need more food. I would be concerned about being so hungry after several days that you eat more one that one day than you would have if you had just added, say, 100 cals of protein each day. I hope that is making sense. I try to make sure I am not starving myself even while I am trying to use more than I'm eating. I eat more calories some days than others just like I exercise more on some days than others and as long as the average is good, I'm happy and I know when I stay on plan, I lose weight. I am always a little bit hungry, but I'm never ravenous. I would worry if I felt starving.

Barb

Last edited by angelskeep; 01-09-2011 at 03:21 PM.
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #4  

I did forget to mention that whenever I feel hungry I eat. I am never ignoring my bodies need for food.

I appreciate the protein tip. I eat protein pretty frequently though.
Ultreos is offline   Reply With Quote