Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready to Try Again.....#243

QueenB
11-21-2002, 08:57 AM
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

:wave:WELCOME!:wave:

QueenB
11-21-2002, 09:06 AM
Well ladies, I hate to post the new thread and run, but I saw we were reaching that magic # of 30, so I thought I'd start a new one! I am still OP :crossed: and even did my walking video last night, so maybe I have pulled myself together. :dizzy: Have a wonderful day ladies and I am up for a chat anytime on Sunday or any other day......just let me know. Love you guys! :grouphug:

2cute2Bfat
11-21-2002, 09:27 AM
HI guys.... walking out the door and had to get my "fix" before I left. LOL Have a GREAT day and see you Saturday. :wave:

tontoy
11-21-2002, 09:38 AM
Hello everyone!

Hey Sarah, I would love to look at your journal. Is there a web site address to log into?

Hi Tina and everyone, well I am going to do some work today!

katrinabgood
11-21-2002, 10:01 AM
Hi kids...

Just in from my friendly neighborhood dentist...I AM DONE!!! He put my new crown in and I feel like I can really bust out a huge smile without worrying about that gap showing...:D Now I just have to stop drinking so much coffee...yeccchhh! Does anybody use those "whitener strips?" Do they work? I'm going to give them a whirl. I have to get off nights, if only to save the whiteness of my teeth! Oh yeah...about THAT...getting off nights... I just heard from my friend about the job I've been waiting on...it seems that they have decided to make the position full time days, 6 am to 2:30. :yawn: I can't do those hours...dh is not always here in the morning, I can't expect my son to get himself off to school everyday...geez, who'd be there to remind him every single day to brush his teeth?? I kind of had the feeling, in the back of my mind, that the other hours were just too good to be true...
Michelle, could you toss me one of your leftover jobs?

Well, I have to go to sleep now...got very little last night AND the night before...crash time starting now...

Did you girls talk about me after I left last night?? Oh good...that means you left poor Tina alone! I can't chat Saturday night, but Sunday afternoon is doable!

Bye all...

Oh yeah! Tontoy...find one of sara's old posts...underneath her avatar, you'll see a "journal" thingy to click on...that will lead you to the wonderful world of Sara!!! Happy reading!

thinthinker
11-21-2002, 11:31 AM
Morning, ladies! :wave: It's been a fun morning. NOT! I had to go round and round with a couple of attorneys about an issue from my School Board days. Long story....no time.

Anyway, I was trying to get out of here and do some jobs, but so far that isn't happening. :( I have an apartment, a retail, and a CD audit. I also really need to do the grocery shopping that I was supposed to get out and do yesterday and flaked out on.

Had fun last night chatting with a few of you. I agree with Sara, it's funny how we've never met 'in the flesh' so to speak, but get along so well.

Baylee: Did you have any luck getting the colors to stay permanently? I'm terrible at trying to figure out 'preferences' when I go to a new site. I need 'plug and play' stuff. I'm not a directions reader. However, I probably would get on much better in life if I did take the time to read some instructions once in awhile. :eek:

2cute: I remember that movie. It was good. We must have both been sitting in front of the TV at the same time. Amazing what you can remember from when you were only 2 years old! :D

LuckyLadyBug: How can you not have something to say??? Impossible!!!

J-ann: Doesn't it feel great to be in control again?

Tina: Thanks for the new thread.

Tontoy: I have the ambition for work, but my procrastination gene kicks in and I don't get anything done. I hope you have better luck.

Katrina: That's really too bad about those job hours being changed. You were so looking forward to changing jobs. Something else will surely come along. :crossed:

Well, girls, I guess I better get out of here before I waste the day away again. See you all later.

LuckyLadyBug
11-21-2002, 07:43 PM
Now listen to a story bout a man named....Tony!!!!!!!!!!!
Hehehehehehehe..that was for my favorite Queen....

Well, my sister will be here Sunday morning with ucky hubby....BUT I feel good today and I have no idea why....I got my TOM two weeks early and REALLY hate my job....not to mention my boss. So, from the way it sounds we need some serious "new job" vibes here.... So.....lets get to it, all of you with jobs you love (or like) think good jobs for the rest of us......

Too bad we can't start a business together...hmmmmm what would that be????? "We will find the pecker for you?" or "Bras are Us" or ?????????????????

Well, off to watch Friends.....

MichelleK
11-21-2002, 08:03 PM
Kat I'm looking for someone to come work for me! I need one more person! the hours suck...9:45 to 6:15 and you have to work most saturdays but the job is fun!

I'm off to get something to eat and go to bed and hit the books...I am so far behind.

TTFN Michelle

LuckyLadyBug
11-22-2002, 08:03 AM
My sister and her family will be here Sunday morning. At least I have today and Saturday to get ready...buy food, clean, and hopefully find some time to rest up.

What's everyone doing for the weekend?

QueenB
11-22-2002, 09:44 AM
Hey all.....I'm here to report that I feel like a piece of crap today. Yup, :yes: that's right........a big, fat steaming pile of :censored: First of all, I'm on my TOM (like my Lucky) so that explains ALOT! Secondly, I went to to bed last night with a wet head.......got straight out of the shower and went to bed :faint: and woke up waterlogged this morning. I did really well yesterday as far as being OP, UNTIL I decided to eat a bologna sandwich. :ink: I had some points left and I was hungry, and believe it or not, I was actually craving a stupid bologna sandwich, so I decided rather that eat everything in the house trying to substitute for what I wanted and then STILL eat the sandwich, I would just go ahead and eat the stupid sandwich. So I do. And I think I'm doing ok. I used two regular slices of bread. (1st mistake) (3 points) I do use honey mustard instead of mayo, which was pretty good, but I decide to use two pieces of bologna.......thick sliced bologna, yet I think........." not too bad ". NOT TOO BAD? NOT TOO BAD?!! Those two slices of bologna cost me 13 points! MY BOLOGNA SANDWICH COST ME 16 POINTS! I thought I would pass out. :headache: So just for good measure, since I had already went way over my points, I just decided to really do myself in and ate two oatmeal cookies. :yikes: So, my friends, you have just witnessed the babbling of someone who is over program, waterlogged and on her TOM! :dizzy:

Now that that is over............how are you all today? Wonderful, I hope. Better than me at least. Football season for Trey was finally over and when we went to his banquet this last Monday, his coach pulled him aside and asked him, "How would you like to play football a little longer?" Inside I'm thinking......"Lord...no...please" And don't get me wrong.....but football just wore me out this season. I was so glad when it was over. Three nights a week (Mon, Tues & Thurs) I was either going to some type of practice or a game, so I was really glad when it was finally over. Anyways, if I could stop babbling and actually finish this story.......Trey was drafted to an all star team! We had practice Tuesday night, we will have a scrimage tonight and then he will be in a "Turkey Bowl" on Saturday and Sunday. Pretty neat, huh?

Michelle: I'd like to work for you, but I'm just too wore out. Can I take a raincheck?

Lucky: This is me>>> :goodvibes wishing you not only good man vibes, but good JOB vibes. My job gets a little hectic sometimes, but overall, I love it. You know, it would be awesome if we could start a business together, but truthfully, would we ever get anything done? LOL

Thin:Have fun on your day out today, but try not to work too hard.

Kat: I haven't tried the whitening strips either, but let me know if they work. I have been wondering about them and would like to get some if it's worth it. Sorry about the job hours......and don't feel bad though. I have entrusted my dh to getting Trey off to school every morning since I went back to first shift.......God only knows how long it's been since he's brushed his teeth! Of course, that would also explain why dh AND Trey have decided to stay out of work and school today because they have diarrhea. :dz: Is it just me or are men really weak?

tontoy: Hey sweetie! Hope you have a good day today!

2cute: Have a great day and I look forward to hearing from you Saturday!

Well guys, I'm out of here for now. This post has taken me almost two hours trying to answer the phone in between typing. Hello to everyone else........SaraJoy, Mary, Malia, J-ann, dollar and anyone else I missed. Have a wonderful OP day! :grouphug:

SaraJoy
11-22-2002, 11:57 AM
Ahhh! I eat Bolonga every second day! The stuff I eat has 60 calories in 3 slices and 0.3 grams of fat. And it's yummy! (Read: even hubby likes it!) I'm not sure if you guys have it down there but if you're interested, I'm PM you with the brand.... advertising of any kind is not allowed, blah, blah, blah... :lol:

Back in a bit!
Sara :)

j-ann
11-22-2002, 12:54 PM
Hi, :high:

I'm going to try to get in a few replies on my lunch time.

KAT: I've tried the whitening strips. The one's made by C***T(see, no name mentioned). They were easy to use but after about 9 or 10 days I had to stop cause my teeth got sensitive. Even with only 9 or 10 days my teeth looked a LOT better.

TINA wrote:
"Those two slices of bologna cost me 13 points! MY BOLOGNA SANDWICH COST ME 16 POINTS! I thought I would pass out. So just for good measure, since I had already went way over my points, I just decided to really do myself in and ate two oatmeal cookies. So, my friends, you have just witnessed the babbling of someone who is over program, waterlogged and on her TOM!"

Yup, Been there, done that!!!! It's in the past for you now. My down fall is usually "1 cookie and a small glass of OJ" around 9 at night. It can turn into MANY cookies or a big PBJ and 16 oz. of OJ if I'm not careful. :shrug:

BAYLEE: Good luck at Mayo. Here's some loving
vibes :goodvibes: from me too.

Times up ..... I'll try to get back later. :twirly: :balloons:

SaraJoy
11-22-2002, 01:14 PM
Okay. So I've PMed everyone with each other's addresses for the Christmas Card Exchange. If anyone finds any errors in their address, lemme know ASAP kay? OR... if anyone signed up and DIDN'T get a PM from me, lemme know that too because it certainly wasn't intentional! Da more, da merrier!

If anyone wants to join in, THERE'S STILL TIME! (You guys KNOW who I'm talking about!) :) I'd send out special PMs just for you!

Baylee: Good luck at the clinic today. You'll be in my thoughts.

katrinabgood
11-22-2002, 02:51 PM
Hi friends...

First of all, thank you Sara for gathering and distributing names...You are da bomb! I have to come up with a picture too...so it may be a week or two before I get these out. I can't wait to hear from all of you! HO HO HO!

Dh and I just picked up our rental...a Toyota Camry...I love it!!! I told him to use my car and I'll use the Camry...the auto body shop said it may be 2 weeks before we get his car back. That's OK, insurance is covering the rental, take your time, boys!

We were going to go do some Christmas shopping for his family after that but I remembered (that I forgot!) I have library duty on Fridays...off I went while he ran some errands. I love doing that but boy, you sure come out of there feeling grimy and covered with "kid germs:" little sneezy hands and coughed on books...yick...

I just got a call from my darling daughter...she needs a ride home from school...I'll be back later...

thinthinker
11-22-2002, 05:41 PM
Hi all! :wave: Boy, have I been lazy this week. I worked a bit each day, but nothing spectacular. And I'm free of the theatre this weekend. WooHoo! Don't get me wrong, I like being a 'showgirl', but it is time consuming even though the pay is good. It's just nice to have the weekend off. Maybe I can cattle prod DH into getting something done around the house.

I was very cold and the wind was horrendous today. I'm so needing to clean out my flower beds. Yes, I have not done that yet! YIKES. And now all the plants are mushy from the rain, snow and frost. I hate cutting back mushy vegetation! :(

Lucky: Just keep focusing on the visit with your sister and leave the 'ucky' BIL to himself. I'm sure since they are from out of town that a nice long visit with your sister is just the thing to brighten your spirits.

Michelle: Too bad I'm so far away. I'm always up for a new job. :lol: But I think that would be a bit of a commute for me.

Baylee: Too bad about the colors, but it's nice to have a site to ourselves. We'll deal with the colors. * It's good to know that your hip isn't 'Arthur', but it would be nice to know that you could fix it. Were you the one that asked about Glucosamine and Chondroitin??? I started taking it for my knees, but boy I can tell in my hip and back when I haven't taken it for a couple of days.

Tina: Honey, don't get so crazy on yourself about the bologna. It was one sandwich, out of one day, out of one week. Move on! :soap: Does anybody else sing the little Oscar Meyer jingle when they spell 'bologna'? :lol: It's probably just me.

Sara: I always look for the low cal, lighter lunch meats too, there's lots of them out there.

J-ann: I would love to give up the 9:00 snack. I sure do know what you mean. And since I've been trying to be more 'aware' these past couple of weeks, I'm noticing I'm not even 'hungry' then, I just eat. It must be a habit.....a very BAD habit! One I'm not ready...........or willing to break right now, I guess because I'm still doing it, even though I'm aware!!! :eek:

Katrina: Glad the rental is working out well. It's always nice to drive a new car. :) What a blessing that your DH wasn't hurt.

Well girls, guess I better go. I've been piddling around here for awhile now and I need to get my two jobs worth of paperwork done before honey gets home from work.

Hey, BTW, do you guys think the 'advertising ban' includes brand names of stuff we use? I'm not sure, but I think the 'spirit' of the ban is advertising stuff we sell and would profit from. I don't know about you guys, but it's helpful to me when you guys say "brand X fat free salad dressing is really tasty". I hate trying stuff that I don't have a recommendation for.

Ok, now I'm really running. Love :love: to all.

MichelleK
11-22-2002, 08:26 PM
Sara thanks for the list! But either your fingers or my fingers did a typo. My street is Redbrook. In this development all the streets begin with R so if you put Redbroke I might not get it! And I SURLY want to get ALL of them! I'm so excited!!!

Tonight when I went to balance my drawer it came up $3500 SHORT! Can you say HEART ATTACK!!! I forgot to count the money I had bundled sitting in front of me when I entered my total into the computer!

Then...to top that off! Closing out at the end of the night we kept making a stupid mistake....like not counting our petty cash into the deposit...can you say DUH! We didn't get out of there until almost 7:30 tonight...I sure can say OVERTIME THANK YOU! lol

I haven't had a chance to read to catch up yet...but I promise you all that I will do just that on Sunday since I will be off. THen I need to clean the house and do my thanksgiving day shopping because my dad will be here on tuesday now. He will leave friday morning to go hunting with his brother near pittsburg. Thats where they are from. He is stopping here to break up the trip which is about half way for him. The guy is 63 years old and has been called a mountain goat! He goes fishing in Rhode Island and walks and climbs all over these huge rocks to get to a good fishing hole! LOL God Bless HIM!!! I hope I am as agile at that age!

ANyways...I'm gonna go get me ready for work for tomorrow and get the boy ready for bed then hop in myself!

TT til Sunday!! Michelle

Grannie39074
11-22-2002, 08:42 PM
Hi all Got a closet full of Big Ma's clothes today. Back later

LuckyLadyBug
11-22-2002, 09:17 PM
Cleaned and washed clothes - getting ready for my company. They show up Sunday morning. My brother and I went to see my Dad and tell him his "favorite" daughter is coming home.....This sister is the second born of three girls and one boy and you KNOW how middle kids are...need to feel loved and wanted ergo we call her Dad's favorite. SHE loves it!!!!!!!

I feel so tired from all the work....still drying clothes...haven't eaten anything all day but a protein bar. Think I will eat, read and go to bed. I have to work in the morning and then go to the grocery store....aren't you all jealous.

You all sound busy....Tina, Sweetie....one sandwich does not a failure make....you are doing GREAT!!!!! So, put it behind you and march on!!!! thanks for the vibes.

I don't know when I will get my cards off....I want to see if while my one sister is here if I can't get some pictures...I don't have any of myself since I "gained" :cry: weight.

2cute2Bfat
11-23-2002, 12:55 AM
HI guys !!!! It is almost midnight but I wanted to check in.
My visit to MO was okay but spent too much time with my dad and not enough with my mom. It is hard to even it out...long and complicated to explain. Basicly... men are more demanding of your time. :rolleyes:

Don't have time to post tonight... and tomorrow is going to be our last nice day around here. High in the 60-70's :D but Sunday only 30's and possible freezing rain or snow. :( Sooooooo.. I am going to work in the yard all day and may not make it in too often. but then again... I may NEED to rest a lot. LOL

Sara... thanks for the info.... I too am excited to see everyone. Be sure to include a photo even if it is an old one. Just remember... my "name" is 2cute.... I am not. :no: :lol: I am an OLD FAT grandma. LOL You are going to be sooooo disappointed. :yes: I amost think it is better if I don't send photos and let you keep your fantasies. LOL

QueenB
11-24-2002, 06:11 AM
Ok, I'm gonna try this again........I'm not sure if any of you read my earlier post.....since it's gone now. :( Oh well, I was just rambling anyways, trying to get my fix in before I headed off to the ballfield. It was so cold the other night.....I thought I would die. :yikes: I had on jeans (yes, they had an elastic waist) but jeans, none the less......a shirt, sweater, thick heavy coat, mittens, socks and boot and nearly froze. My toes actually ached. Oh, in case I didn't say where I about froze to death at, it was at the ballfield.

I'm so agrivated. :mad: I was slated to work this Saturday and Sunday morning and then when they told me that Trey would be playing in the "Turkey Bowl" on Sat & Sun, but didn't tell me what time, so of course, I had to go, so I got the third shift person to switch with me. I am working Sat & Sun night in her place and she will work my day shift, only problem is............I'm slated to work Monday morning. So, that means I will be coming in Sunday night at 11:00 and not get off till Monday afternoon at 3:00! :tired: And the worst part about it is, is that they didn't play today until 5:00 and they are playing tomorrow at 5:00 too, so I actually didn't even have to switch after all. But since they didn't tell us what time to be there today until Friday night and didn't tell us what time to be there tomorrow until today......what choice did I have? :?:

2cute: You will always be "2cute" to us no matter what you look like. We love you just the way your are. Remember that, ok? :drill:

Lucky: Hey sweetie. Try your best to have a picture made of yourself for us! I would love to see you! I'm gonna have a friend take one of me, dh and the boys and include it with my card.

Mary: I'm thinking of you today. I can tell you thought a lot of your "Big Ma" and it must be incredibly painful just looking at her clothes, let alone trying to wear them. But then again, would be a really nice way to be close to her again. Take care. Here's a hug for you. :grouphug:

Michelle: Boy, you sure have been busy lately! I miss you. I know that sounds silly since you've been posting, but I just do. I need some of those good recipes.

Thin: You know what? Every once in awhile, I do need that little kick in the butt and remember not to stress out so much about every bite I put in my mouth. I just have this horrible habit of thinking......geez, if your gonna waste 16 points on something, make it better than a bologna sandwich! :lol P.S. I ALWAYS sing the little Oscar Mayers jingle when I spell bologna. That way I know it's spelled right!

Kat: That goes for you too! If you don't have any picture you want to include, then make one! Oh, and I must have skipped over part of a thread, because I just read where you said your dh hit the abandoned car. That must have been scary and I am so happy he is ok.

Baylee: Thinking of you today also sweetie and hoping your feeling ok. Good to get some of these Dr. visits out of the way, so you can get on to your pecker hunt, huh? :o

Sara: Once again, thanks so much for keeping us organized. I am sooo excited about the Christmas Card Exchange. Wonderful idea!

J-ann: Thanks for the heads up about the white strips. I have been wanting to try them for awhile and you just pushed me over the edge. Thanks!

Well before I go, I would like to mention something regarding the CHRISTMAS CARD EXCHANGE If at all possible, PLEASE, PURTY PLEASE for me..... :^: try to include a picture of yourself. I feel like I know you guys so well, but just to see all of your sweet faces would be awesome. Now, if you don't want to, I understand, but please try. I think it would be great.

Also, another little early Christmas present for Lucky:

QueenB
11-24-2002, 06:12 AM
Got you with that one, didn't I? :lol: :lol: Here's the real one for you Lucky.....and Look! I think he's calling you now!

LuckyLadyBug
11-24-2002, 09:35 AM
WHEW.....I as worried for a moment there, Tina. BUT you didn't fail me....YOU know what I like....

I woke up to 18 degrees outside AND inside today....I was out of fuel. The guy just left so I should be toasty warm soon.

I have to call my one sister because her 14 year old daughter went on her first date last night and she was really stressing. The boys Mom drove them to a movie and other friends were there BUT he did specifically ask her so technically it's her first date. Aunties advice was that it was okay to slap him if she had to. :lol:

My other sister and her "ugh" other half will be here soon....my horoscope said "Family dynamics manifest
in the most non-familial situations. Remember that the flipside of
intimacy is being there to help clean up after the blast. It might be
necessary to own up to your part of the responsibility rather than
run away this time. Being a grown-up is harder than it looks!"

Doesn't look good for me!!!!

Grannie39074
11-24-2002, 02:24 PM
Hi all where are you?
I have a turkey in the oven and dressing made for our dinner tonight. We are going to my aunts on thursday so I am cooking today.

I had a big and tasty for lunch (burger not the other):lol:

Where was everyone last night I thought we were going to chat or did I miss it?

Have to buy my cards to send out. can't wait.

2cute2Bfat
11-24-2002, 05:43 PM
Grrrrr... I have posted MANY times and none of them are here. I even started a new thread "yesterday" and it is not here either. I posted that I wasn't going to post untill this new server is set up permanently and it is gone too. Grrrrrr

Grannie39074
11-24-2002, 09:24 PM
where is everyone?

SaraJoy
11-24-2002, 11:58 PM
Ah ha! I KNEW yesterday's post would disappear so I copied it! Here it is!

Okay. First off, I feel like a confession is necessary; Friday night I drank lots of wine and had a bunch of little appetizers at a friend's house for a "girl's night in." Am I worried? No. I decided to treat myself a bit and Saturday morning (this morning) I was right back on track!

Now you want the GOOD news?

It turns out that...

I AM SUPERWOMAN!!!!

Today I wasn't in much of a gym mood and since I did the weight circuit yesterday, I didn't technically need to go into the gym; I could do my cardio by just going for a jog SO, I stuck cotton in my ears and slipped a headwarmer around them, put on mittens and a windbreaker and out I went. Now, I know you guys are wondering--at what point do I become a superwoman?! It's coming! I wanted to get just as much of a workout as I do at the gym so I set myself a goal of jogging for 40 minutes. The first time I checked my watch, I had already been jogging for 45 minutes and I wasn't even tired!!! So... I decided, "HEY! LET"S MAKE IT A FULL HOUR JOG!" That's 60 full minutes of jogging at a steady pace without stopping once. SO I DID IT! Can you believe I can go out there and run for AN HOUR without stopping?! I wouldn't have believed it 8 months ago but, here I am, 94 pounds lighter, and exercising hard every day!

WOOHOO!

Thanks for listening to me boast. I think you guys are the only ones that can truly grasp how much my hour jog meant to me! You guys are awesome!

SaraJoy
11-25-2002, 12:22 AM
Nuffin TOO exciting to report. All is well on the diet and exercise fronts. I went to the gym today and did cardio and the circuit. Same ol', same ol.

Tomorrow night I have my final training night at the Sexual Assault Support Centre. I'm gonna be getting my pager (as I answer calls from home). Scary! I actually don't start answering calls until the second week of December though, right after the Centre's Christmas Party. I'm so anxious to get that first call done and over with!

Hmmm. What else? This upcoming Saturday is my husband's work Christmas celebration. It a huge, black tie event and I'm still not sure what I'm wearing! Ahhh! I am NOT allowing myself to buy something new as I do have a few things I could pull off. In particular, a long, green velvet dress from 6 years ago that fits now! If I end up looking presentable, maybe I'll use those pics in our Christmas Cards!

2Cute: How did you know about my fantasies of you?! :lol: We LOVE you however you look! You're a huge part of what makes this thread what it is! :love:

Tina: Yeesh! You must be on that MONSTER shift right now! :yikes: I truly feel for you! You're amazing to be doing all these crazy shifts just to be there to support Trey! He's such a lucky kid!

Baylee: I just checked out your pics on our chat site! It's so nice to be able to put a face to your name! You remind me a bit of my mother and, believe me, that a huge compliment! :) My mom's such a sweetie!

Lucky: Hope your BIL isn't testing your sanity too much! How did everything go?

Oh! Gotta take off! Hubby is wanting to cuddle... I can tell by his wanderings in and out of the computer room! :lol:

katrinabgood
11-25-2002, 12:51 AM
Hi all...

I hope everyone had a good weekend, mine was somewhat productive. We cleaned out a few closets, got rid of a LOT of clothing, esp coats which I'm bringing to the church thrift shop tomorrow...lots of good stuff here! Dh and I did some shopping yesterday and I did a little more today. The boys went to see Die Another Day and I hit the mall. Well...actually only Macy's cuz it was after 6, most stores were already closed. Boy, that's the way to shop...no crowds, you get the store practically to yourself...of course the sales people have HAD IT by then and were really surly...I got a nice perfume/body lotion set for my SIL, and a bunch of frames to put kids pics into for both sets of grandparents, aunt and uncle. That's all but I am getting there. I just wanted to get all the stuff that I need to wrap and mail early. Still not sure what to get my father-in-law...What do you get a man who needs nothing, wants nothing, does nothing? nothing! Okay he's done!

Baylee...I love your pictures!! Well, you can't really see too much in the second photo, but the first is lovely. Thank you for sharing! I have to get hubby to take some pics with the digital camera so that I can post some too.

Sara...go ahead and brag...your determination is always inspiring!

I'm going to make a serious effort,starting tomorrow, to recommit to daily exercise and a healthy diet...back to the drawing board. I'm ready.

Starting to doze, so I'll say goodbye for now...see you all in the morning!

Grannie39074
11-25-2002, 07:59 AM
Good morning chickies
After I cooked that big meal yesterday I didn't want to eat it. Oh well I did eat a slice of turkey.
Did I tell yo I bought a latte machine? I is going to be nice. I had cappichino yesterday morning made with skim milk of course.

My brother called last night and talked for 30 min. He wanted to tell me about his new son:love: .
He said he would bring the baby to see me soon.

Well this is a short week at the library we are closed Thurs. and Fri.

Baylee the pic are good. I need to get some more made.

Well I better run get ready for work. It is Monday isn't it?
To all the other chicks out there hurry back :grouphug:

j-ann
11-25-2002, 09:42 AM
Mornin' Ladies!

Looks like we've got a few more colors to use. :genie: Now comes the BIG Question. Will we be able to read them????

Just stopping in for a quick min. WI (not Wisconsin) this afternoon. Had a slip on the weekend but I think I had enough banked points to cover it!:chin: I'll find out later for sure. :eek:

T'giving is all mapped out. I'm cooking a small turkey roast for a friend and myself so everything will be WW friendly and I'm able to PLAN AHEAD. :cloud9:

Took a classroom, driver's refresher course on the weekend. It'll give me 10% off my insurance for the next 3 years.

See ya after WI. :wave:

katrinabgood
11-25-2002, 11:30 AM
Hi gang!

WEll, I just got off the scale...despite my best efforts to gain all my weight back, I only managed to gain 4 lbs...only! But that's okay...the last time I weighed in was 10/23, so 4# in a month of unbridled eating and sloth is better than I could have hoped for! I'm READY to resume the journey! ESPECIALLY after a few escalator rides in Macy's yesterday!!! Surrounded by mirrors, and no one else on the escalator, I was HORRIFIED by my reflection!!! :eek: You know when it kind of catches you by surprise? I stared at my shoes every time after that!!

So, it's back to counting my points. I was going to go to the gym today, but I think I may tackle the ocean of leaves in my back yard. It's really nice out today...about 55 degrees...but they're calling for snow tomorrow (don't believe THAT!)

Tonight we're having a mini Thanksgiving. Just us and I think maybe my daughter's boyfriend. Dh is working Thursday so I bought a boneless turkey breast. I'll make stuffing (low fat, w/chicken broth instead of butter), fresh green beans, turnip, stuffed mushrooms, cranberry sauce and apple crisp. I haven't eaten breakfast yet, so I'll have a light "brunch" and then dinner later...I know I can manage to eat within my point range! Sadly, I must go back to work tonight...:( I've been off for 4 days and it has been heaven! Dh was off most of those days too, so we had a lot of "family time," even managed some "couple time..." wink wink... ;)

Lucky...how are you holding up? Is the ucky BIL behaving himself? Don't you wonder sometimes what the **** was my sister/brother thinking when she/he married THAT one? (I have a couple of beauties too...) Hang in there, kiddo...this too shall pass.

Tina...I hope you're staying awake...hang in there, girl...Trey is a lucky boy to have such a devoted mom...if he doesn't realize it now, he WILL when he's a parent!

Michelle...I would LOVE to come work for you...the commute might be a ***** though...I can barely get to work on time three miles away from home! Any word on the other job?

J-ann...sounds like we'll be dining similarly! I hope WI not Wisconsin went well for you. I think EVERYONE should take a driving refresher course...especially after a certain age. My folks live in an area that is largely populated by senior citizens and let me tell you...driving down there is quite an experience!! :yikes:

Mary...mmm! Cappacino! :T That may be something to ask for for Christmas!

Sara...the green velvet sounds lovely...please send pix!! I have our Christmas party coming up. I need to buy something...if I go. I used to have a really nice, simple balck velvet dress...I SWEAR I left in at the cleaners...kinda forgot about it and when I questioned them, they know nothing about it. I loved that dress!

Baylee...I hope you are feeling better...How big of a crowd are you getting for Thanksgiving?

Thin...Did you have a nice, relaxing weekend off? BTW...I agree with you about the advertising ban...I don't think there's anything wrong with stating the name of something we use/like/dislike...and if there is, then they'll delete the post and we'll know!

2cute...Did you get your yard work done? Mine is screaming to me right now as I sit here, typing away!

Lets' see who am I missing? HI to Duckie, Steph, Tontoy, Malia...I've got to get moving here...stayed WAY longer than I intended to...as usual!

Have a great day all...love ya lots!

thinthinker
11-25-2002, 11:38 AM
DO NOT POST HERE! GO TO "300+ And Ready To Try Again....#244"

See you there! :D