Old 01-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #1  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

Default Questions about Meta-balance

I have been on Meta-balance for 3 weeks now. I'm still struggling a bit with what I'm supposed to eat and when, but am getting better. I have been losing about 2 pounds a week, but the plan I was on before I was losing at least 3-5 pounds a week. I'm getting a little discouraged because I was hoping I would lose more because I am exercising more. I go to the gym at least 4 days a week, 2 of those days I do group training where we do a boot camp style workout which I love!!! The other 2 days I work out on my own doing at least a 3 mile cardio and then the rest of the time I do weights. I was wondering if anyone that was on meta-slim before and moved to the meta-balance have the same issue with the lesser weight loss? Is there anything I can do to up my weight loss by going to the gym more? I was frustrated last week so I worked out 6 days. Also, how many hours a week is too much? I do drink a ton of water...at least 120 ounces a day. Is there any tips or suggestions that anybody can give me or things you figured out when you changed to this menu? Any help would be appreciated.

Happy New Year to you all!!!
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

I lost slowly on meta-balance as well (2lbs/week), but honestly, I think it's a good, safe plan. On most programs, 2lbs/week is considered very good. In fact, the Lance Armstrong website livestrong.com won't let you put in more than a 2lb/week loss goal. Believe me, it will be easier to transition to maintenance from meta-balance. Sometimes, a lot of exercise is still too much on meta-balance (exercise was the reason I switched to it about 4 months into plan). I think 200-300 min/week is what's suggested, but when you figure the calories on mb, it's still only about 1100/day. Hang in there, you'll be at goal before you know it if you keep chugging!

On meta-slim, I was losing 2-4lbs/week until I started exercising - then it went down to zero to .5. When I started mb, I immediately lost 5lbs, then went to about 1.5-2/week.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #3  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

Thank you so much for responding. I know I need to just be happy with my losses each week even if they aren't much, but I am working on that part of myself. I will keep plugging away at it and enjoying my exercises!! I can't believe I can actually say that I like to exercise!! It feels so great!! I guess if it takes me a bit longer to lose then so be it. I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to do and that's all that matters. Thanks again.
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote