Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW210/CW189/GW115

Height: 5ft

Wink Let's Keep Tabs!!!

So yesterday I spent all day on 3fc reading everyone's success stories as I ate away all the Christmas crap I had in my house. I am not new to the website, I made a profile a while ago when I was attempting Atkins. I received a lot of support, I lost twenty lbs. but gained them all back soon after when I started eating carbs again. I realized I cannot cut out any food group so dramatically, it looked like it worked for some, but it's not for me. So here I am again, but this time counting calories... simple mathematics: calories in<calories out=weight loss. Easy right? lol, we'll see.

My problem is that I have no will power. Yes, I am genetically predisposed to be fat, but I have no excuse, I may have to work a little harder than others but I'm still the one putting food in my mouth. I have no thyroid issues (I just had blood tests done) thank God. So what's holding me back... me. To top it all off I have high blood pressure... I'm only 22! I just got into nursing school, how am I supposed to take care of other people if I can't take care of myself? And I have a little girl, I don't want her inheriting my bad eating habits on top of the fat genes I surely passed on. Ever since I gained weight I feel like my life has completely revolved around the poundage on the scale. I want to obsess over it for another year, really dedicate myself to getting down to where I want to be so I can enjoy the rest of my life, and then I can have other dreams and goals that don't involve my weight.

I plan on getting on here almost on a daily basis to check in. Those of you looking for accountability, feel free to post here, I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and making some friends.

Okay, so lets get down to the nitty gritty. I weigh somewhere in the 180's. I don't know exactly because I don't have a scale(plan on getting one today) and the last time I weighed myself was before the holidays and I weighed 184lbs. I was in the lower 170s for a long time(for most of the time in the past year) but my husband came back from afghanistan and he wanted to eat everything he wasn't able to for the last year(and he is still having at it ). Anyway, my goal is to be in the 160's by Valentine's day, which is a pretty big goal to set, but it's doable, especially since you usually lose weight the fastest when you first start out. Ultimately, I'd like to be in the 120's by this time next year.

Good luck to everyone else. Hope to be hearing from some of you soon! I plan on starting out tonight with a Jillian Michaels dvd... haven't decided which one yet though.

luckyme0510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Hey Lucky, good luck on getting to your goal, Im in the same boat love food (#1 hobby and will power is hard to come by lol) But Im with you and would like to join you in this. I to am an x low carber and can not live on one food group. I do how ever feel better on lc but its too hard.

kk will check in later
surfnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:05 AM   #4  

Hello surfnmom... nice to see someone on here! And about the carb thing... I can't cut them out but I do plan on only eating whole grains... I love bread and pasta even if it's whole grain... and I finally learned to stomach brown rice

Just finished Cindy Whitmarsh's "Less Is More" cardio workout. It felt good to do but I didn't sweat as much as I would have liked. I'll probably go for a run or something later. I had a turkey sandwich for breakfast and having some coffee now.

I have a dentist appt. to get some cavities filled later today... it's my first time getting fillings... I'm so scared!

Good luck losing everyone!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Gm lucky, wish i had your energy to work out, been fighting a mean cold for over a week, it just wants to hang on. You'll do good at the dentest its not bad getting fillings, but i agree it is scary. Just think you get it done now then those teeth won't start hurting down the road.

I need to shop for more lower calorie foods to snack on. I am a grazer. This time I am not going to stop grazing. When I start putting limits or rules I tend to focus only on what I cant do until I break down and go crazy with the food.

Have a great day ttyl
surfnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:37 AM   #6  

So guess what surfnmom... I just started getting a cold last night . lol. I knew it was coming, everytime my daughter gets sick I catch it. I don't feel too bad yet though, I think I'm going to go ahead and do a video before I get to achy later. The dentists wasn't too bad either... very scary, but not painful after the numbing injections.

Yesterday I bought all sorts of fruits and vegetables, eggs and chicken breast. I also bought a scale. I weighed myself this morning... I weigh 186lbs! A few more lbs than what I thought I weighed. I'm just about 10 lbs short of what I weighed when I was 9 months pregnant Oh well... no sense in griping about it, just time to make some changes! Good luck everyone!
Old 12-30-2010, 01:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/300/150

Height: 5'9

Hi Lucky! After reading your first post, I found that we have more in common than just wanting to get in shape. I'm also 22 and will be in nursing school soon. I know the stress that it is adding too...uugh! I like this thread, and I will post my food choices (good or bad) on here too. I know it will keep me accountable. Thanks for starting it!!

My schedule is a little weird today (due to work), but so far breakfast has been 1 cup of green grapes (my favorite) and 1st snack was 6 oz. of yogurt. Lunch will be the first lean cuisine I can find when I get a break

Last night's workout at the gym just about killed me, then my bf and dog wanted to go walking lol. Tonight I have to go even longer than that though. I'm determined to lose the weight this time.
annah788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #8  

Welcome annah, glad you joined us! A fellow nursing student I'm really nervous... I got my books already and browsed through them... pretty intimidating. First day of school is Jan 10 and I'm going to enjoy every single second of vacation until then!

I hope to be able to join a gym soon. I felt kind of lost last time I was enrolled in one... the only machine I know how to use is the treadmill and for that I rather just save my money and run outside I really want to start getting serious with the weights though... I'm afraid of losing weight and being flabby So what do you usually do at the gym?

My husband plans on starting his diet and exercise routine after the new year so now the pressure is really on. So you're all thinking "how nice, she has her husband as a weight loss buddy"... NOT! My husband is pretty annoying about the whole weight loss thing, he finds ways to offend me without actually outright offending me (if that makes any sense). And he'll never go for a walk or run with me... I don't know why. He's a great husband and father, I don't know what his issue is with the whole weight thing. And when he decides to lose weight, the LBs just drop. Around this time last year he lost 60 lbs. in 5 months. So I guess I'll just look at this as some healthy competition with you ladies for support
Old 12-30-2010, 03:53 PM   #9  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Luckyme - Great thread! Welcome back! I have had a rough holiday season. I am back at 264-265 after losing early in November. I am determined to make it happen this year though. On top of it, I am trying to get back into school for nursing, after listening to too many other people for too long! Good luck with your goals. Let's have a great 2011!
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:10 PM   #10  

Thanks vdander! We all fall off the wagon here and there but as long as we get back on we'll get where we're going eventually. I think it's so important to have patience with yourself, we seem to be a lot more patient and forgiving with other people but we don't give ourselves that same treatment. I decided to treat myself just as good as I treat other people And if you're thinking about going back to nursing school... then go for it, it'll be even more motivation to get healthy!
Old 01-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #11  

I hope everyone enjoyed their New Year's Eve! When I weighed yesterday morning the scale read 182, which I was ecstatic about... I did well last night as far as food is concerned, but I did have some drinks that I don't plan on beating myself up over I was afraid to weigh this morning, so I didn't, I didn't want to feel discouraged on the first day of the new year. I will weigh again tomorrow morning and then I think I'll start weighing in once a week after that. I don't want to get obsessed over the numbers if you know what I mean.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190S/188C/135G

Height: A hair under 5 ft.

Hello. Im brand new to this whole site. Somehow i ended up on your post and just wanted to send best wishes. I am also overweight (duh) and short.
worktobedone00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 300/300/150

Height: 5'9

Happy new year everyone!

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday, but I know I'll be making up for it today. Yesterday my family had a get together. I passed on the alcohol and stayed with water...so I didn't completely slack lol.

Lucky, I agree with you not weighing everyday. I'm only weighing once a month on the 15th because I don't want to get discouraged by seeing little change from one day to the next.
annah788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #14  

Hello worktobedone, thanks! And feel free to join us!

My life has been an emotional roller coaster the past few days. It's been pretty hard not to binge. My kitchen is completely free of junk food, probably the only thing that has saved me from going off track. I'm hoping this is going to get a lot easier once I start school, then I'll have other things to think about. I realized that I spend the majority of my day thinking about food now, and thinking about the fact that I'm dieting, and daydreaming about weight related things like picturing myself in my old clothes and things of the sort.

I think I need to do like a sugar detox or something. Go a week without sugars and carbs (except for the ones in non starchy veggies). I definitely feel like an addict right now, lol. It is creepy to me how hard I've been craving carby, sugary munchies like cake and cookies. And I've been drinking ridiculous amounts of 0 calorie sodas to smash my cravings. They help in the moment but I don't think they're helping the big picture. As of tomorrow it is veggies, eggs, chicken, and lots of water for me and hopefully that'll help squash the carb craving beast inside of me

I'll weigh in with you on the 15th annah! I think going even a longer period of time like that without weighing will motivate me even more, and then weighing in will feel like a treat.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/247/180

Height: 5'11

20 days to make it a habit.... thats what they say. Dont give in and stay strong. Your body just needs to adjust, the cravings will stop. Sweet Tea is my weakness and living without it is definitely a challenge , especially being from the south. Good luck!
BBB84 is offline   Reply With Quote