PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 09:04 PM   #1  

Default Does cyst free ovaries in PCOS mean easier time conceiving?

Hi...as I have said before...I am possible PCOS...waiting on getting the courage to get the blood work done.

Last yr, I had a transvaginal US that looked at the ovaries....and my ovaries were 'picture perfect". But my the endo that I was referred to months later is wants PCOS blood work done. I do get regular periods though.

My question is...even though you have PCOS...can it be easier to conceive b/c you get periods and have good looking ovaries. I hav enever tried to conceive, b/c we are not married yet, but we def want kids. Thanks.

Hugs,
Old 11-17-2002, 09:49 AM   #2  
PCOS Educator (non prof)

No. unfortunately. I was YEARS and YEARS without cysts and still never conceived. PCOS is a funny thing. There are no real "concrete" answers because its so different for every individual. Sucks I know. Some are easy to conceive, others like me are very hard to conceive or never will. Its certainly a journey that is different yet the same. Cystless ovaries are better then cyst ovaries at any rate. It does mean that you dont have to wait like some who have to wait until they shrink. So time-consuming-wise it is better.
Old 11-17-2002, 10:15 PM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi ctgirl

Everyone is different with pcos. I was told by one obgyn that I was lying, I didnt have pcos, because my ovaries were clear. You may have been clear when you were tested. In some ppl, the cysts disolve more often than in others. I am one of those ppl.

I conceived my daughter 1 1/2 yrs later (I switched obgyn's)

So yes, it is possible to conceive with pcos. Mind you it may be more difficult, or not at all. But it is possible for some women.

All the best to you
Robin
Closed Thread