Old 12-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/165/145

Default At home vs online

What are the pros and cons to these two approaches? Will be joining at the end of the month but I am not sure which will be better. The standard program with the meetings probably won't work. It will be hard to make the meetings.
Faithiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

then I think you kinda answered it for yourself, online might work better for you then if meetings will be too hard to make

I think the pros and cons are different for everyone, it's what works for YOUR lifestyle... are you a people person and need that extra push/support/comraderie of a meeting or are you self motivated and determined and able to just go it alone at home or online? it's all about what works for you both personally and financially..
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:50 AM   #3  

I really not too much of a people person. I do okay in groups but its not my favorite.

How does the online differ from the online? Do you get to use the online tools if you buy the at home kit?
Old 12-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

i don't think you get the online tools with the at home kit. i do it at home. i bought the materials on ebay. sprying said it well-if you are self motivated and don't think the extra support of online/meetings would help you than by all means the at home route would be best. i have a little guy at home and by the time my hubby comes home from work i enjoy our dinner together, bath time with baby and putting him to bed. we also have one vehicle so it's not as if i can go to a ww's tot meeting and bring my kid. for me-online isn't really beneficial either because i can't always go online and look up my points and i don't have a phone to get an app. i've been doing the at home program for over 2 months and i've lost about 13lbs. i use this forum for support and browse the ww forums often as well. works perfect for me!
jess jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #5  
You can DOOO IT!

S/C/G: 223/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'6"

I like the meetings, that's just me. I need the meetings for accountability, but I do get the eTools too. Good luck whichever route you choose.
misstraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

I've not been a member long enough to tell the difference.I don't feel I'm getting all that much more info at the meeting then being at home. I love their scale though as it's accurate.

I find most of my questions come when I'm at home so I love being able to come here and ask. I get help right away where as at a meeting everyones looking at you and then I feel like they know and I don't. Oh well. I go to meetings because I joined the at work program. Got fired and now I go to the facility. It's nice to see all the products and know I'm part of the movement.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

I do WW at home and I love it. Before I was with another program with meetings, and I just had too much to juggle. For me, I know what I am doing wrong, just didnt do it or keep it in check. With online I dont have to write it down in a book. I click and add the food while watching tv and relaxing. Lots of information online, and the tools help alot, step by step they take you throught it. I have one friend that lives for the meetings. I am less social as I am in the public all day long so this is like my quiet time I take for me. When I dont lose I dont feel quilty telling the leader why lol. Everyone is different. I am in Canada, and sometimes with the winter here, dont want to really go out for a meeting. Its far from me with all the traffic, and only once a week. Just was too much inconvience for me.
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

for the home people, which scale did you purchase? for your body, not the food.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #9  

If I do the online version do I get a points calculator or will I have to buy that? How much do they cost?
Old 12-10-2010, 03:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

there is an online calculator you can use and if you have a smart phone you can (with your online membership) get the app for your phone for free, if you want a seperate calculator you can buy one from the ww store but I'm not sure how much they are online.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote