Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 10:01 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default Wednesday's Thread!

Getting it started....
Old 11-13-2002, 10:08 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

For a moment I thought it wasn't Wednesday and I was just insane. These long weekends really screw me up!

Good morning girls!!!

Cat - sometimes a reality check is just what we need to give ourselves a kick in the butt. You go girl!! And hey, at least you were wieghing yourself in a the gym! That's a good sign in and of itself.

well I saw Punch Drunk Love last night - it was very different. I laughed througout but the audience wasnt' too responsive. Me and b/f thought it was great. Tonight is my hair appt with my mom (sad, but we like to get our hair done together...) adn then she is coming to our apt for roast beef dinner I made - totally low fat recipe! Yum....

Excpet for TOM getting me down, I know I've been so good that next weeks WI will pay off! And today I am going to step class too, which is good.

Cat, maybe I'll post my weight too to keep me accountable (not just my #'s down...).
Old 11-13-2002, 10:17 AM   #3  
GO CANES!

Morning girls! Ok, so One whole day on point down, the rest of my life to go!!!

how is everyone? can someone please explain something to me?
What are the weights on the bottom of the posts? are they goals that have been reached? want to be reached??
i'm confused.
Old 11-13-2002, 10:22 AM   #4  
Eve's Mom

They go like this:

start weight/current weight/goal weight

Congrats on your day OP!! Here comes day #2!!
Old 11-13-2002, 10:27 AM   #5  
GO CANES!

ok. well, so i changed my little picture thing. seemed uplifting. and being that i'm starting over, i need all the positive i can get. hmm....so is that a signature line that we can add where it comes up with the weights every post?
Old 11-13-2002, 10:32 AM   #6  
GO CANES!

i am just learning so much today! ok. so how do i get a little picture to be added to my signature?
Old 11-13-2002, 10:37 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Open the smilies page and copy the words beside the image, then paste on your signature in edit mode..... I like your avatar (thats the pic under your name)!
Old 11-13-2002, 10:44 AM   #8  
GO CANES!

Hee Hee! this is so fun!! Thanks Belle!
Old 11-13-2002, 11:03 AM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Anytime.....where the heck is everyone today? Its already 9am here and most often its busiest in the am (Mountain Standard time that is ).

Guess its just you and me Jihan!
Old 11-13-2002, 11:07 AM   #10  
Canadian Chick

Hey Gals,

How are you all today? Things are good with me. My Grandma came last night. I got lucky-I ended up at work until 7:30 so when they came & I wasn't home they went out for supper without me. Good thing too because they ended up going to this buffet where the food is all deep-fried! I got to eat at home what I wanted & I stayed in my points. I'm not sure if the battle is over though. I don't know if they're going home today or not-it depends if they let my uncle out of the hospital today. I hope they do b/c last night my grandma kept going on & on about how the only thing I had to snack on are fruits & vegetables & how she'll have to buy some better snacks if they don't go home today! Argh! With family like this no wonder I've pretty much always been overweight!

Did any of you watch Dateline last night with the story about Al Roker;s weight loss? It was pretty interesting. I was a little annoyed though b/c they didn't talk about how he dealt with eating so little after his surgery or if he ever overdid it & suffered for it with his little stomach. He acted like it was no biggy to eat smaller portions but we're only seeing him months after so how did it go at first? At any rate it was pretty interesting. It amazing that hs lost 100lbs!

Belle, sounds like you're going to have an awesome day! Enjoy it! What's your recipe for a totally healthy roast beef dinner?

Jihan, glad to see you're getting things figured out. Congrats on day one OP (on program)! Take it one day at a time & the next thing you know you will have done it for a week, then a month, & so on! The weight will come off. You can do this!

Hi to everyone else out there. Hope you can stop in to say hi!

Last edited by RhubarbJelly; 11-13-2002 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:10 AM   #11  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey you two... is today the play on the thread day????

I was in a meeting again this morning... never-ending lately!! And concentrating is sooooo hard for me lately!!

For all you Canadians... we went to see Natalie Macmaster last night and she was awesome. She is from eastern Canada (forgot where) but has Scottish roots (and the area she is from is very Scottish). I thought of Kirsty when she was playing traditional Scottish music, but then she also rocked it up. Oh for those who have no clue... she plays a mean fiddle and has won numerous awards in Canada. She was fun!!!

We go to the theatre quite a bit. My niece is taking dance lessons now and is an angel in the Nutcracker performance this year. Our Nutcracker is nationally recognized as one of the top performances in the US. But we have connections at the theatre and were able to get tickets to see her perform. Emma is going with, I hope she can sit through it.

Enough of my jabber. I am going to lunch with a friend at a new cafe that opened. Haven't heard anything about it so I hope it is good. I had a dream (weird PG dream) that they had a salad bar and all that was on it was cucumbers.... hmmmmm...
Old 11-13-2002, 11:16 AM   #12  
Canadian Chick

Jen, I love Natalie McMaster! She is so awesome! She is from Cape Breton in Nova Scotia (which means New Scotland-hence the traditional gaelic music). I get so amazed when she gets fiddling & then she she clogs like crazy! How can she do things at once so well? Awesome!
Old 11-13-2002, 11:26 AM   #13  
Proud Canadian

Good Morning.
So this is an early morning for me. I had to bring my brother in early so I figured I'd hop on and say hi while I wasn't on the clock. Of course, I'm exhaused due to way too much fun last night with my NF
And on to another topic...
Jen - I also love Natalie, my ex plays the fiddle so we had a few of her CDs. she's also great on stage - go Canada!
Rina - Your grandmother sounds funny, my grandparents were very proud of my weight loss but whenever I ate there they would make a nice healthy dinner and make sure I had a small bit of dessert (cause you can't deny yourself all the time)
Belle - I've been curious about that movie, I'm not a big fan of Adam sandler but it looks good so I might chance it.
PJ - I'm at day 3 OP. Of course, I haven't had the guts to weigh myself yet to see how much I gained but I'll do that at the end of this week - then I'll change my sig - OK, almost time to start work.

KT
Old 11-13-2002, 11:40 AM   #14  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

KT and Rina, Natalie said she got married 1 month ago. She is soooo cute and full of energy and WAY skinny!! We loved her, even hubby liked it and he isn't into fiddle music (I love it). Wow, does she have talent. I was so tired when I went last night, but made it through and I think it was a sold out crowd, so that is very good!

Since we have several Canadians on here, I thought I would share. And actually I am not that far from the Canadian border... maybe 2 hours.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:52 AM   #15  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Good morning everyone!

I was shocked to see so many posts. I always feel out of the loop by the time I get to check things out.

Jen - Sounds like a great time! Glad to hear you had fun.

Rhina & KT - Congrat's on staying OP! You're doing great!

Hi Belle! How is baby Carmen doing?

I will have an OP day myself - if it kills me. I am shooting for today through Sunday AM (weigh-in). I CAN DO IT!!!

I'm also laying down my moving out game plan - time strategy, what needs to be done where & when, finances, etc. Talk about overload. Ever want to put something on the back burner until you're ready to "deal" with it? That's what I want to do with this. UGH. That and my school work!

Hope everyone is having a great day. I'm feeling a bit under the weather myself, but I'm sure it will pass. This wacky weather is catching up with me.
Closed Thread