Old 12-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Accountability, Menu, Plans, Exercise...and more...December

Here is a place to be accountable, post your menu, your plan, your exercise, you name it!!!

Feel free to join in!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #2  
mj5

Beverlyjoy--I'm not sure if you are checking in before your surgery, but I wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and sending lots of +++++++++++ thoughts your way!

I am offically sick. I feel icky. I am taking care of myself. I even stocked my office w/ oj, cough drops, hand sanitizer, etc today LOL!!! I am going to have some soup and snuggle w/ the beagles until hubby gets home.

Oh, I may have created a zumba monster....my 12 y/o niece texted me today to see if we could go again on Saturday. LOL!! I told her if I am feeling better we will, if not definitely next Saturday. She is super excited and wants to start going every Saturday I can go. That's one way to get motivated!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:34 AM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

heya everybody, hope you're all doing well. A new month! wooo!

Beverly Joy, sending you good vibes. Hope all goes well.

So I've been working the 11-3 shift mon, wed, fri and honestly it doesn't even feel like work it's such a great shift. Then I have all day and night to myself. I just wish I could sleep.

It's 330 am. boooo

anyhow, today was good for foooooods.

I also made my protein goal. Wooooo!

b: kashi go lean crunch with .5 cup almond milk
s: pear
l: pastaless zucchini with black bean and quinoa stuffing with veggie pasta sauce
d: 2 quinoa sweet potato cakes with curried chickpea gravy, cold french cut green beans with balsamic vinegar and garlic seasoned toasted almonds
d: whipped frozen banana with peanut butter and a smidge of almond milk

also did my exercise. woot.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

HI...I have been slacking and need this to help me focus.

I was on plan yesterday but didnt get any exercise in.
I have been slaacking on my water also...got it in yesterday.

breakfast- oatmeal with toast
lunch- beans and greens
dinner- baked porkchop and sweet potatoe and salad or green beans
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi accountability friends. - sorry I started a new accountability thread. I didn't 'refresh' my computer and didn't see it. Thanks for getting us started MJ.

Today is the scheduled day for my surgery. Yesterday I woke up with what I thought was a 'nervous stomach' in regards to the surgery. As the day progressed -it' turned out to be a stomach/intestinal flu - with a fever of 101. Doctor said we had to cancel the surgery. This flu is going around. My backdoor neighbors had all six down with it. Even my mom.Phooey!

I am beyond disappointed and feeling bewildered (and mad, sad and frustrated). DH, always the optimist, said that I might have come down with the flu after surgery - which would have been worse. I feel like this is my senerio of late.

Is this a sign? Thank goodness for pepto and immodium. I can't reschedule for at least two weeks. I am not sure what I'll do. - or when.

Mj, Lottie, Slash, A New creation, dgramie - As always, thanks for your support.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-02-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #6  
mj5

Good Morning! I am feeling better, not great, but better. I sound worse....but people at work are staying away from me for that reason...hmmm, that may work to my benefit! LOL!!!

lottie--AWESOME!!!!

dgramie--Hi there! So glad to "see" you! Thanks for the reminder....I have some sweet potatoes, I need to use them up!

Beverlyjoy--oops, sorry about the double thread!!! Oh my goodness....I am so sorry that you are sick AND had to delay surgery again. I can't even imagine....we are all thinking about you!!!!!! Take care of yourself!

Still not feeling quite up to going to the gym today. I am drinking LOTS of fluids and have remembered how yummy a cup of hot, plain tea is. In the winter months I always enjoy a cup (or two) of hot tea in the evening, but for some reason I have to "remind" myself how much I enjoy it. Guess I have to make it part of my routine again.

Stay warm! Have a great day!
Old 12-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #7  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Went to spin today. I thought it was difficult, more than usual. I don't know if you would ever find that class easy. I'm not even close to that!

Beverly - Dang! You can't seem to catch a break on this surgery! I hope you get to feeling better.

MJ - Hot tea is a good thing. Keep getting better.

dgramie - Good to see you again! Glad you posted!

Lottie - Sounds like you are doing great with your food! Good job!

Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:13 AM   #8  

Food was perfect yesterday and was water. Exercise didnt happen again due to coughing and sinus yuck.

diane- spinning sounds super hard to me...

mj- I have some tea in the cabinet and need to remember to make some after dinner. I also have some sf spiced cider that would be good on cold nights also.

lottie_ I always lose better when I up my protien.

bev- wow you are having it rough. We had a round of stomach flu a few months back and it was a doozie!!!

food today
breakfast boiled eggs and toast
lunch- veggies soup
dinner more soup
Im so excited about making a huge pot of veggie beef soup. I love it and its soooooooo good for dieting and hubbys glucose.
Snow is in our forcast...YUCK not ready for winter!!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #9  
unabashed

I woke up at 730 today. I went to bed at 3.

It has been this way for weeks. I feel like I'm going to cry, it's having a serious impact on my mood.

I saw my pain doc last night who is also a psychiatrist and she wouldn't give me anything for sleep. She did tell me to have my psych give me klonopin again but I was like, I haven't seen a psych in months. I have an appt but it's not until the 16th of this month and right now I feel like I'm dying. I'm an overly emotional wreck.

I work today at 1.

I just want to sleep SO BAD. I constantly feel sick the last few days like exhausted sick. I did very light exercise last night because I thought if I exerted much at all I might pass out.

Also, I haven't lost in the last 10 days. My weight has been bouncing around within' a 5 lb window the entire time. I'm still on TOM, which is annoying. It lasts so long I hate it. I am 100% On Plan with diet, water, and exercise. I do not understand. I'm not in danger of going off Plan but I'm just really upset.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - I am starting to feel a bit better today. Still a bit washed out and a tender tummy. But - much improved.

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts, carring way, and support.

Taking it easy today.

I am not sure what I will eat. It will need to be bland. But, I will keep track of my food and NOT overeat.

- Lottie - I had you can get into a better sleep/awake cycle. Being tired is hard. TOM wreaks havoc on the scale. Don't let it pyche you out.

- slashnl - well done....getting to spin class!

- MJ - I hope you feel better. There's so much 'going around'. Everyone needs to keep washing or sanitizing their hands.

- dgrammie - well done on the eating! Hope you cold and cough goes quickly

Have a good day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 12-03-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #11  
unabashed

Well, today is looking like it'll be a great day

I got sleep last night, much needed, glorious sleep. ha.

Also, our groceries were just delivered. Ahhhhhh, I love the cheapness. ha.

They also gave us 6 peppers instead of the 3 we paid for so a mistake in our favor is always nice

I got some chickpea flour, so that will help up my protein when I make those creamy veggie chickpea sandwiches that I LOVE. Also got some basil garlic polenta. Mmmmm

today I have no idea what the food is looking like. I had kashi go lean crunch and almond milk for breakfast, but bf is off so dunno what we'll be eating.

He has off until tuesday, he's trying to use up some vacation time before the new year comes and wipes it all clean. ha.

Getting my exercise up to 45 mins today.

Also, I lost 2 lbs.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/160

Hi! Can I join you guys? I've been on a thread with mj and beverlyjoy before. I have been MIA for a while. This past week and especially today was horrible! I've got to find a place to be accountable. Any kick in the butt accountability around here?
sunflowergal40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #13  
unabashed

sunflower, GET ON IT! this is a nice thread. Even when I feel like junk I remember I need to come here and post. Join us! No more MIA days

well, I DID get my 45 mins of exercise in today. I feel AMAZING. I really think the kinect is as important as sparkpeople.com to me as far as weight loss goes.

Wow.

Anyhow, today looks like this:

b: 1 cup kashi go lean crunch, .5 cup almond milk
s: gala apple
l: creamy chickpea salad sammich on an arnold's whole wheat sandwich thing
s: black bean salsa soup
d: sweet and sour stir fry veggies and pineapple with .5 cup brown rice
s: granny smith apple
Old 12-05-2010, 08:59 AM   #14  
mj5

Hi everyone! I am feeling a bit better, but I totally over did it yesterday, so I am having a SUPER lazy day today. I am putting dinner in the crockpot (pork loin roast in spaghetti sauce) and just going to snuggle up w/ the dogs and watch movies all day. Well...I do have to do some laundry, but that's it.

lottie--yea for getting some sleep!

sunflower--you betcha! You can do it. Get yourself back on track. Come here, even on the not so good days, it helps.

dgramie--hope you are feeling better! Did you hav some tea? Yep...winter is here too...at least we only have a little snow right now...

Beverlyjoy--How are you holding up? Thanks...yep, lots of washing and santitizing going on here!

Yesterday my niece and I went to zumba. I wasn't quite feeling up to it, but I am SO glad we went. She and I were the only two at the 10:30 class, so the instructor gave us a private lesson. It was awesome! She broke down all the steps for us and had us do them over and over...it was great practice and an awesome workout. By the end, I think we were finally "getting it"....now I feel much more ready for a "real" class. I couldn't thank her enough for doing that for us.

I just couldn't seem to "kick" this cold, so I finally tried a neti pot. OMG!!! I wish I had tried it sooner. It still grosses me out (I have 'nose issuess, LOL!!! I used to get nose bleeds as a kid all the time, so anything w/ my nose kinda weirds me out still.....), but wow....it works so good.

Have a great day everyone! Stay warm and OP!
Old 12-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #15  
Nana with a CRAZY GOAL

S/C/G: 263/249/140

Height: 5'4

Hi, I think I'll join in this month, even though I am a little late. For the past week I have been off my eating plan and haven't been working out, although I have been doing quite a bit of walking since I have no car and had a lot of errands to do lately.
I think even though I haven't been eating 3 times a day w/a couple of small snacks I have been subconsciously trying to keep things as low as possible since I woke up this morning to find a lb gone (despite the 2 grilled cheese, 6 ozs of fried liver and onions,(yea I know but I LOVE the stuff and haven't had any in about 8 years!) 1.5 cups of mashed potatoes and cup of corn I had yesterday..or my equally, if not worse food choices of the previous few days!
Today though I am definitely back on track, starting with my breakfast of 1/2 cp yogurt sprinkled with granola.
Part of the reason my eating has been off is that I didn't have foods prepared, so today will be making some sweet potatoes and black beans, which makes 5 servings at @ 215 calories each, this will be my lunch for the next 5, maybe 6 days. I like doing it this way so I only have to scoop some out, microwave it and eat instead of making something everyday.
Supper will be some baked fish, salad and a veggie.
And of course a couple of snacks,,a Special K bar between lunch and dinner and some chocolate ricotta cheese after dinner...need to hunt that up, somebody posted about it in the forums, so I bought the ricotta Friday to try it.
No work out planned for today, never do on Sundays. it is my chill with the family day
Ok, so this was a little long today, sorry!
Cathy
cathyo is offline   Reply With Quote