Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 07:50 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Monday, November 11th

Just a quickie hello !

I'll be back later to read up on everyone

Love, Leenie
Old 11-11-2002, 08:49 AM   #2  
Peg

Angry

Hi Leens,

How's everything going? I went to the TOPS meeting, I felt so out of place, all the ladys there were of a retired age, I was uncomfortable at first, thought I should leave, but I stayed, they all are so nice and loving I felt that was a nice place to be for support, there was only one other girl there about my age, one is better than none, I do wish there were just more my age, someone to have something in common with.
Oh well, this group of ladys is real nice, I like them.

Bye for now

LadyPal

Last edited by ladypal; 11-11-2002 at 08:53 AM.
Old 11-11-2002, 10:31 AM   #3  

Lady what is TOPS? I have seen you write about it and I have no idea what it is.

I am totally exhausted!!! I painted half of my house this weekend. My body is punishing me for it as we speak. I need a day off from my two days off. Not only did we paint but we moved all of my furniture around. Finished making a custom made shower curtain and cornice (sp) boards for my spare bedroom. I am one tired chick. My hubby as surprised when he came home. He was in north Louisiana hunting and really had no idea how much we would get done.

Please someone e-mail my boss and tell him I need to go home!
Old 11-11-2002, 11:02 AM   #4  

Talking yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Morning morning morning,

Maybe if I keep repeating it, I will wake up!! I am at work and sucking down the daily mocha.

Had a nice weekend.. a little shopping, a little cooking, a little napping, a little vegging and very little chores....

Got up at 5 today, did the usual aerobics, brought in the cookies I made last night ( I love the smell and I love to bake). I had a few of the cookies last night, but they kinda made my tummy hurt from the butter. I wasn't intending on keeping any of them at home anyway, so I had my treat and now its back to routine.

What did everyone else do this weekend?
Old 11-11-2002, 12:41 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hiya Girls,

Got a few seconds to chat !

Lady its so good to hear your attending TOPS. I would love to be in a support group with retired ladies, I find them to be the most fun group. They are real and they have nothing to prove. You will feel more comfortable as time passes.

Kem, you call my boss and I'll call your's, then we'll have to gang up on Linda's boss

Nothing new here sosdd....just waiting for 5:00 pm SAD HUH !!

LOL... have fun,
Love Leenie
Old 11-11-2002, 01:28 PM   #6  

Souns good to me. I am waiting for the ole 5:00 whistle to blow too. I need to wash my dog and I need top do it b4 it starts to rain again. She went hunting this weekend and doesn't smell the greatest.
Old 11-11-2002, 05:05 PM   #7  

Talking I'm back too!

I had so much fun and I got lots of scrapping done! It was a great weekend!

It was a great group of ladies! We scrapped until the wee hours of the morning! I won an album for most pages done!

I am joining ww again tomorrow...my weight has been slowly creeping back up...I need the scale to be accountable!

It is a long weekend for Rememberance day! We went to the march this morning as dd 10 had to walk with her guide troop!

Hope all is well....way to get rid of the cookies Linda I will be cleaning house this eve as well in terms of trigger foods!

BTW TOPS is Taking Off Pounds Sensibly. It is a cheaper version of ww though they just follow the food guide as far as I know. I have never been...it sounds good though...I don't think there are any weigh in's though...hope I got it right!!

Bye for now gang!

ELIZ
Old 11-11-2002, 05:58 PM   #8  

I will be leaveing for the day soon and wanted to say bye and I hope everyone has a great evening. Of course it started to POUR about 10 mins ago. Guess where the umbrealla is? Good spot for it to be I know. I didn't think it would be raining when I got off so I didn't get it out of the trunk. Isn't that always how it works?

Well, I am going to brave to weather talk to everyone tomorrow!!!
Old 11-12-2002, 08:11 AM   #9  
Peg

Wink

Hi Kempyd;

Wow have you been working! I bet everything looks greatYes TOPS is a cheaper version of WW but they do have weigh-in time the first half hour, women are rewarded for weight loss, they are given ideas of how to handle certain situations like holidays, or someones birthday or anything else and doing it without offending that person.
Most meetings are held at churches, sometimes Libraries.
It is mostly for support, most people there have diets from their dr. or they follow a WW points plan, which I still have, except for the points finder, I lost it.
These ladys never make anyone feel uncomfortable if they had a gain during there week, they talk about how you might do better next time.
I really like WW but for now I'm cutting down on the bills, so I'll do TOPS there prices are $20 annually then $5 or less per month.

Leens;
Your right these ladys are real with nothing to prove, they are funny too, everyone needs a laugh once in a while.
I know the feeling, waiting for the last work hour to pass, but at least you guys have jobs.

Take Good Care everyone
LadyPal

Last edited by ladypal; 11-12-2002 at 08:13 AM.
Closed Thread