Weight Loss Support - This time last year

View Full Version : This time last year

jigglefree
11-17-2010, 01:10 PM
This time last year I was wearing a size 22/24 and eating a family sized bag of cheetos or plain potato chips with ice cream. I would eat until I got tired. I was looking forward to going to visit family but now looking forward to seeing anyone because of all the weight I had gained. I wasn't thinking about working out and made all kinds of excuses as to why I couldn't go to the free gym where I work.

This time this year...I've been counting calories since Jan 3, 2010 and now I'm down to a size 14 working hard to get to a size 12. I workout at the Free Gym almost everyday. I have a treadmill at home that I get on almost everyday. I do ab workouts and workout videos. I know more about what my body likes and dislikes for health. I realized the 44 C bra I was wearing last year is too big. I have an entire new wardrobe of clothes. I have a different way of looking at life. I'm waiting to see my results from my physical that I had back on October 29. I'm looking forward to a GREAT 2011 for my physical, spiritual and emotional self, my family and career.

What about you? Where were you this time last year and where are you now?

AnnieDrews
11-17-2010, 01:41 PM
What a great post!! Congrats to you on your new lifestyle and improved health!!

I'll make mine short and sweet...

This is me last year:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/Before%20and%20After/NewPics004-2.jpg

This is me this year:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/Before%20and%20After/Me10910.jpg

I have 10 more pounds till goal, but I feel the best I've felt in years. I started my journey in January and that first pic is one of the main things that finally got me started. I won't go back to that.:)

rachael
11-17-2010, 01:53 PM
This time last year, I was 244 pounds and a size 20. Now I'm 158.5 and a size 10. Almost half of what I was. It's nice.

Lori259
11-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Jiggle ~SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!:D U Know I think you one hot momma! U have done excellent.:hug: Plus u have fabulous style & great hair ~(HAD TO ADD THAT ONE Cause I love how u dress & your hair do!) Anyways.....
I know u have proboly seen these pics a zillion times before... But here is my before pic~ took fall of 2008 At 259.9 then 1 year later pic of counting calories November 11th 2009 (after losing 89 pounds~ignore my wrinkled pants) Then last pic took today november 17th 2010 ~ 2 years & 6 days later another 32 more pounds lost. Grand total of 121.1 pounds lost to date (In 2 years ) 259.9 to 138.8 & a new short hair do ~LOL & still toning ~belly/thighs & upper arms ~NEARLY DONE~But Yet never done~It's a forever change ~I Am determined to stick with~~AGAIN SO PROUD OF YOU DAPHINE! YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION!

NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP~ WE ALL CAN/ARE/ & WILL DO THIS! WE MUST STAY DETREMINED!:)

Love the pics Anniedrews SO AWESOME!
WAY TO GO RACHEL!

((JUST CLICK PIC TO MAKE IT BIGGER))

jenjen
11-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Last year at this time I weighed 270 pounds & was a size 22W/24W in pants and a 2X in tops.

Now, I weigh 217 and am wearing a 16W pants (sometimes a reg 16!) and can wear most XL tops!

Last year, I was feeding my body a ton of GARBAGE and not exercising. This year, I am feeding my body much healthier food and exercising 4-5 days a week at a minimum!

My weight loss my not be the quickest---I was hoping to lose 71 pounds this year, but it's been consistent. I also have a plan I can live with for the rest of my life.

TornadoSiren
11-17-2010, 02:43 PM
wow..Thanksgiving of last year. I was right at 200 pounds. Perhaps a bit more, I honestly did not have the guts to step onto the scale until I was 3 weeks into my changes, and the scale at that point showed 197. In November of last year I had not made my changes yet, but it was fast approaching that critical moment. I know I was in pain when I got out of bed. Just stepping onto the floor first thing in the morning made my feet ache. My hips were constantly causing me pain and I did not have a single pair of pants that did not have an elastic band, and about 80% of the time I just wore sweat pants. I did not care about my appearance, and spent most of my time just sitting on my ....

I cant even list all the changes. There are too many. But..well, GO ME! And GO ALL OF YOU!! I had not actually thought of it in terms of where I was a year ago, but now that I have..Its liberating.

Rosinante
11-17-2010, 02:44 PM
This time last year I was only 18lbs heavier than I am now - but I was eating myself up to the 44lbs heavier that I became by May '10.

Aiming to post this time Next year that I'm another 44lbs lighter!

carter
11-17-2010, 02:51 PM
My loss hasn't been as fast as some of yours. I took a three-month maintenance break (really a gain-five-pounds break, oops) earlier this year. And, my plan is a little more forgiving than some - it turns out (so far) that sustainability for me includes not having to adhere perfectly to a strict plan all the time, as long as I can live with the loss being a little slower.

So, exactly year ago I was already a couple months into my plan. And since then, I've lost about 40 pounds. Again, not the dramatic totals some of you show, but I have no complaints. It actually adds up to just about 5 pounds loss per month, when I am on plan, and I'm pretty happy with that. I still have a ways to go, but I'm fully okay with it taking me another year or year and a half to get to goal - whatever that may be!

vdander24
11-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Last year I was fluctuating between 285 and 295 and worried about knees, blood pressure and diabetes but ignoring any thought of doing anyting about them.

I was pretty much ignoring my life. Now I have at least opened my eyes, am down to about 260-265 and I am taking steps to be really healthy.

Hopefully, I will have some cool pics in a couple of months to share!

sacha
11-17-2010, 03:08 PM
This time last year, I was pigging out on pizza and restaurant food BUT I was 9 weeks pregnant and at the height of morning sickness ^_^ I had been maintaining for 6 years at 123lbs and was gaining on purpose... So I don't count.... but congrats to those who have come a long way :)

Onederchic
11-17-2010, 04:11 PM
This time last year I was wearing a size 22/24 and eating a family sized bag of cheetos or plain potato chips with ice cream. I would eat until I got tired. I was looking forward to going to visit family but now looking forward to seeing anyone because of all the weight I had gained. I wasn't thinking about working out and made all kinds of excuses as to why I couldn't go to the free gym where I work.

This time this year...I've been counting calories since Jan 3, 2010 and now I'm down to a size 14 working hard to get to a size 12. I workout at the Free Gym almost everyday. I have a treadmill at home that I get on almost everyday. I do ab workouts and workout videos. I know more about what my body likes and dislikes for health. I realized the 44 C bra I was wearing last year is too big. I have an entire new wardrobe of clothes. I have a different way of looking at life. I'm waiting to see my results from my physical that I had back on October 29. I'm looking forward to a GREAT 2011 for my physical, spiritual and emotional self, my family and career.

What about you? Where were you this time last year and where are you now?

You are amazing :D :hug:

Onederchic
11-17-2010, 04:12 PM
What a great post!! Congrats to you on your new lifestyle and improved health!!

I'll make mine short and sweet...

This is me last year:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/Before%20and%20After/NewPics004-2.jpg

This is me this year:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/leanned62/Before%20and%20After/Me10910.jpg

I have 10 more pounds till goal, but I feel the best I've felt in years. I started my journey in January and that first pic is one of the main things that finally got me started. I won't go back to that.:)

You look wonderful, Annie :hug:

yossarianlives
11-17-2010, 05:48 PM
This time last year I was a UK size 18, working on a MA dissertation, and eating myself into a whole at 214lbs. Today, I'm a UK size 12/14, an increasingly more comfortable weight of 178lbs and moving to NZ in 1 month. What a year!

I basically took all of the summer off as a maintenance break, but now am back into things again, and feeling great. What a year!

fatmad
11-17-2010, 09:11 PM
It was last November that I noticed I was constantly thirsty and needing to pee all the time. Testing revealed that yes, I was pre-diabetic. I struggled to get onto the right plan, and have lost slowly, but in a way I can sustain. My blood sugars are stable, I have lost 18 pounds and gone from a tight size 14 to a looser size 12. In some ways I haven't achieved all that I wanted, but the achievements are there. If I hadn't got started, I would be heavier than ever and likely needing insulin. This year's goals will include more exercise and to continue the diet and meditation plans I have been working on, and working music back into my life. This is "my" new years, and it was a great time to make resolutions too.
Great thread, and congrats to everyone for their great achievements.

Asherdoodles87
11-17-2010, 09:28 PM
This time last year I was so lonely, and felt so horrible about myself. I was 250lbs. In December I started counting calories and exercising. The weight started flying off at first. I lost 55lbs by June. However, I then started to get off plan. At first, it was just one cheat day a week. Then I was totally off plan until October 24th. Now, I have been back on plan, and I am at 204. I am glad I did not get back to 250, and I am almost back in onederland. I never want to be that big again. It has been a good year for me! I am definitely learning to be healthier and to keep trying.

rainbowsandponies
11-17-2010, 09:57 PM
You guys are very inspiring! I can't wait to see where I will be a year from now!

mkendrick
11-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Great thread and very appropriate time for me :)

This time last year, I was *exactly* one week into my weight loss (my first day of calorie recording was November 10, 2009). My first and only succesful weight loss. My fiance had been deployed to Iraq for a year, and I was determined to let him come home to a "better me," but at the same time, I had no idea if I'd be able to stick with it or not.

I was ignorant and uncertain. I bumbled through my first few weeks of calorie counting. I was hungry. I didn't know if it was even possible for me to ever reach my goal (at that time, my goal was 150lbs) or if I was just kidding myself with false hopes...yet again. I was stuffing myself in a size too small pants with a rubberband on the button. On this very day of last year, I was shocked, amazed, thrilled, and encouraged that I had lost 2.4lbs after a week of calorie counting. This time last year, I was hopeful that I juuuust might be able to really do it.

Amazing that a year has passed and I still have the same determination to stick with it. And I'm still just as thrilled with my "new life" as I was the day I stepped on the scale at my first weigh in.

ncuneo
11-17-2010, 10:14 PM
This time last I was down the baby weight but at a stall. I had gone back to the plan that had worked before I had the baby, but it was no longer working. I was thinking it was time for a change and wondering what I would need to do to lose the rest of the weight, but since the holidays were right around the corner I decided to wait to begin my journey until the cliche January 1.

spixiet
11-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Congratulations on all your successes...I hope to be joining you a year from now :)

A year ago, I was starting a diet that I gave up on after a bit over a month - I then gained back the weight I lost over the next few months...

This year, I know the story will be different :D Already, I've hit some roadblocks, and I'm still going...making it happen day to day :goodvibes

Brit
11-17-2010, 11:50 PM
this time last year i was a couple weeks into my journey at 237lbs..i am now about 90lbs lighter

ducktape54
11-17-2010, 11:58 PM
I love this thread it is awesome.

roxxie rocket
11-18-2010, 12:00 AM
You are FANSTASTIC!! Thank you for the inspiration!!!

shannonmb
11-18-2010, 09:48 AM
This time last year I was at Disney. I was at my favorite place in the world with family I love dearly, having a great time! BUT (a big BUT), I weighed 350 lbs and by Thursday I was pretty much hobbling. 2 days before I had sat on a high-ish stoop for an hour waiting for the parade at Magic Kingdom, and when I got down my feet were swollen to the point I could hardly walk on them for awhile. PAIN! That night in the hotel they really were just unrecognizable. Did I mention I put a major hurtin' on the free dining plan?

I started changing my lifestyle in May of this year, and this time this year, I am down 69 lbs. Just looked up my BMI again today, and I'm down from 60.1 (ouch!!) to 48.2. Yeah, I have a ways to go, but in my head, I'm already in the place I need to be to keep this going for life. Getting my sleep apnea has helped me tremendously with food cravings, but I've got to give myself credit for doing the work to get a plan together and staying with it. Failure is not an option!

I will hopefully be at Disney again this time NEXT year, and I can't WAIT to see what a difference 2 years can make! :D

krampus
11-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Last year at this time I was hovering around 155 lbs, not watching what I ate, and generally confused about life and what I wanted. I hadn't decided to do anything about my weight or health yet. I was smoking half a pack a day and deleted most pictures of myself that were taken because I hated that they made me look "fat."

Now I am hovering around 127 lbs. I know I could lose more if I ate just a little better, but I could also stop losing and maintain if I wanted to. I exercise 6 days a week and quit smoking a few months ago. Now I don't care about unflattering pictures because I know I am a work in progress. I feel happy and peaceful and I've done a lot of work on myself and generally am more content with life.

:)

smisen
11-18-2010, 12:40 PM
This time last year, I was at just about the exact same weight as I am now - maybe a few pounds heavier. I had no idea just how stressful the upcoming year would be, so at that point, I'm sure I was hoping I'd be at my goal weight by now.

I'm not, but I'm honestly not upset about it. The fact that I'm still at the same weight after everything that's happened this year is a major accomplishment - I've kept that first 20 pounds off, and I've had the opportunity to practice my maintenance lifestyle for when I'm ready to do it for real.

Even if I haven't lost anything, it's been a year of learning about how my body adapts and reacts to certain things on a much deeper level than I've ever been conscious of before. Before I started my journey, I had a basic awareness of nutrition principles, but not necessarily how they apply to my unique body.

Now, thanks in large part to 3FC, I'm aware of what triggers me to overeat, what to do when the scale is up a few pounds, what I need to do to make sure exercise is a priority in my life, and so on. I'm not always 100% on plan, but I'm much more aware of how my actions affect my body - and I'm very thankful for that :)

Ahintofgreen
11-18-2010, 04:48 PM
This time last year I was probably 305-310 pounds. I was 309 when I started Weight Watchers Online in April of this year. I am now 261.....so close to 50 pounds gone forever!

KenzideRhae
11-18-2010, 08:40 PM
This time last year, I was eating fast food for lunch and/or dinner at least four times a week, excusing myself by saying I simply didn't have the time to prepare food to bring to school, or trying to convince myself that a footlong from Subway loaded with cheese and sauce was "healthier" than the other choices available. I also frequented Starbucks, which just added tons of calories before the day had even really started. I was sad, depressed, and lonely. I blamed everything on my weight, while at the same time blaming anyone and anything I could for the weight (except myself, of course). On top of that, I'd also convinced myself that I really "wasn't that fat", so I didn't see any reason to change. I was 230lbs and squeezing into a size 18 because I refused to wear a size 20.

It took me until earlier this year to knock all that off and really make an honest effort to lose weight. As of today, I've lost a little over 70lbs and my size 10s are getting too big. I bring my own food to school and can't even remember the last time I paid for fast food. I'm a lot healthier, much happier, and all around way better off than I was last year. I have yet to purchase a new raincoat, and people keep asking if I'm wearing my dad's/brother's/other male's jacket because it's so big on me. But I'm not, this is the same coat I wore and fit into last year!

airbear
11-19-2010, 10:16 AM
You all are so inspirational.

seagirl
11-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Last year at this time I was living in a miserable house with a miserable landlady and her bully son and I had 9 more months before I could leave. Now I'm in a beautiful peaceful amazing new space. :D

Last year at this time I was not exercising, hadn't been on my yoga mat in ages and was a few months away from the worst spell of insomnia ever. Now I spent the summer and fall hiking, biking, swimming and am still walking every day and hiking most weekends. :carrot: And I sleep like a rock.

Last year at this time I was still hanging on to a boyfriend who was not right for me. Now I'm single. :cool:

Karen925
11-19-2010, 11:20 AM
This time last year I weighed 184#. Down 8# but thinking 160 was the best I could do. It certainly would be within my healthy range, I would be able to attend WW meetings for free (lifetimer), I would fit in my capris. I wasn't exrecising regularly yet. I had just started cc Oct 6, 2009. Getting this habit established.

Today, I am 127.8#, trim, fit & able to handle both the good and bad in my life EASIER than I could ever imagine. I have an atitude of gratitude.

elisaannh
11-19-2010, 03:30 PM
This time last year, I was about 7 weeks into my diet, not really believing I would make it far. Why would I? I had quit a million attempts of dieting in my adult life. But I kept doing it and weight was dropping off bit by bit. I was wearing a size 28 or larger pants (they were stretch, so who knows?) and a huge ugly tie died Tshirt because it fit. I was miserable, full of self loathing and angst. I had come through losing my job, having to sell our home and ended up living in a big rig with my husband.

In a year, I was able to lose 80 pounds (with no exercise) living in truck and not a home, wearing a size 20, soon to be 18 and we saved enough money in one year by not having a home to be able to make plans to return to our homeland. We are financially better off, my belief in myself has improved and I feel so good!

I am only 1/2 way to goal, so I will return here to this post next year....my hope is to be at goal by that time!

saef
11-19-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm glad for this thread, because it led to an interesting discovery on my part. This time last year, I was about three pounds heavier than I am today, and was on my way toward gaining about three more, which I hung onto over the winter, until March. (Sad to say, I gained without partaking at all of any goodies: no pie at Thanksgiving, or stuffing; no chocolate or candy or any baked goods whatsoever at Christmas. Just general increased consumption of healthy food at regular mealtimes.) So it seems that I gain a little for the winter, or until I change up my exercise routine a little, which is what I did after getting hit by a car & having to rethink my routine.

belezura
11-19-2010, 05:40 PM
wow ladies!!! what an inspiration!!!!

Unfortunately I don't have a good post to write here :(
This time last year I had way more control over my eating and was at least 10 pounds lighter...
Now I am heavier, having a hard time to stay on plan and still have to face the holidays and 3 weeks vacation...
It almost make me not want to have this time of the year...
But I am very thankful for this thread, since it will work as a motivation/inspiration for me... for sure...
Thank you and good luck everyone!!!

ubergirl
11-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Wow. This time last year I weighed 235 lbs. I was ECSTATIC because I had lost sixty pounds in six months and I was wearing a BRAND NEW pair of size 18 jeans, the smallest size I'd worn in YEARS. I had been swimming laps every night for six months. But I could not IMAGINE running, not even for a few minutes. Now I'm another almost fifty pounds lighter, can RUN, and have a year and a half of good habits under my belt. Still not at goal yet, but that is COMING.

Hamoco350
11-20-2010, 02:36 AM
This time last year I had just made the decision to change my life. I think I had just lost my first couple of pounds - but was still tipping the scales at 300+ (I may honestly never know what my highest weight actually was). I was wearing a 26/28 in jeans and dangerously close to wearing a 3x in tops. Most of my clothes were unflattering because.. well, companies just don't make nice plus sized clothes. I was eating away every emotion I had, putting my dreams on hold, dying on the inside, and hating myself. I was also killing myself without even realizing it.

Now I'm totally liberated. I stumble a lot.. I make mistakes. But I've lost 90 pounds, I'm in a size 18 (barely, I could probably wear 16) and mostly large tops with some xl tops. I feel great, I look better than I've ever looked, and I am learning to love myself. I am pursuing my dreams and I have SO many things to be proud of. :) It has been quite a change.

Like TornadoSiren, I couldn't even begin to list every change - but boy have I ever changed! Haha. I am very happy and proud of myself, even though I rarely admit it. :)

Sunday
11-20-2010, 03:29 AM
This time last year...

I'd reached my heaviest weight ever, and had started to diet. I was lurking daily on 3FC, depressed, obsessive, and wondering how long I could keep it up. Lost 20 lb, decided to try intuitive eating for a while, but started to binge.

That was September - November 09.

I then spent 2010 binge eating to a NEW ultimate high, another 20 lb heavier!

:carrot:

Feeling much more peaceful and balanced now. And I'm lighter than I've been in years. :)

Arctic Mama
11-20-2010, 06:00 AM
Haha, this time last year I was... Dun dun dun! This same weight! I lost fifty-ish pounds the previous year, fell off the wagon a bit in October and gained maybe four pounds back, then spent the first few weeks of November tightening it up to get to my lowest weight on this, my only weightloss attempt. I was around 210, my lowest daily weight being 208 at the end of the month (the only value that low). I coasted through the holidays, neither gaining nor losing, and ended up pregnant in the very beginning of January.

I spent this whole year sticking to my planning but gaining anyway, due to a growing baby, and my son was born last month. Now, five weeks postpartum, I am thrilled to say this morning I weighed in at 210.0, and my pre pregnancy weight was 210.6! I'm right back to where I was, and give the massive cycle my body went through I can honestly say I am thrilled!

I have lost five pounds in a week and a half, and I am going nowhere but down until I hit my goal (maybe by my birthday in May? Who knows!).

I love this thread, you all are so inspirational and I cannot wait to have another year of losses. It was hard to be maintaining when I wanted to lose, for ten months!

jigglefree
11-21-2010, 07:17 AM
I think it's great to look back sometimes because you see your progress. Sometimes I get caught up in the day to day that I forget how far I've come. We took family Christmas pictures and I was actually in the front. I still look huge to myself. I was expecting to look smaller than I do in the picture. I was making that confession to my husband and he said look at the picture from last year and you will see the difference and I can tell you that you are much smaller. I can't really tell from last year because I was in the back so all I can really see is my face. I know that I couldn't do the picture sitting on the floor last year like I did this year. But hey I still have work to do and will be seeing a even smaller me by this time next year.

Someone on this site says, "A year from now you will be glad you started today". How true it is for me!!