Old 11-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #1  
Finally Losing Myself

S/C/G: SW 278/ CW see ticker/ GW 150

Height: 5'5

Wink My journey with a Tummy Tuck

Last Wednesday I had my abdominal hysterectomy and Tummy tuck. Alittle background on me is I have had 6 awesome children all born via c sections.

During my last pregnancy is 2008 my Mother had a sudden brain injury. She had a unexplained seizure at home. The impact of her head hitting her hard wood floor resulted in a fractured skull and brain bleed. My Mother went through brain surgery, rehab, therapy and many many test and appointments. I was 4 months pregnant at the time and i found myself being my Mom's care giver , medical advocate and taxi driver. The Doctor's were amazed with Mom's recovery and stressed over and over that the fact she was very healthy before all this was a huge advantage for her survival.

Almost losing my Mom showed me what REAL fear is. In those moments watching my Mom sleep after brain surgery I knew this was my own wake up call to get healthy. After having a hard pregnancy with bedrest toward the end I was determined to get control once my baby was born. On November 1, 2008 I started my journey. I followed some basic rules to begin with. No fried food, limit my sugar and bread,pasta and rice.And walk my neighborhood 3 times a week for 1 mile. The start got me on the right path to losing over 100 pounds. My diet has gotten much cleaner and exercise is apart of my daily life.

The c sections and weightloss left me with abdominal skin that was loose ,empty and hung to my thighs. It was like a dream come true to have it removed. Looking at my stomach since surgery is like I am looking at someone else's body. I am not sure what pain is associated with the hysterectomy because the tummy tuck pain is so intense. The Plastic surgeon said he removed 6 feet of skin when it was all laid out. To me he is like an artist, he specializes in reconstruction and that is what I feel he did for me , reconstructed my body to look normal again. The recovery is long and slow but I know I will be glad that I was able to do this. I will share after surgery picture once the swell has gone down some and i can stand upright.

I just took my weightloss one step at a time. I decided to change my life , I didn't put a time limit on when I needed to be a certain weight. I didn't get all caught up on sizes but focused on health. I am a changed person when it comes to food and being active. I am an participate in life now not just sitting on the sidelines watching it pass me by. I know if I can change anyone who wants it bad enough can!
Nikki6kidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:34 PM   #2  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Thank you for sharing your story and letting us know you came through surgery ok.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:48 PM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh, you brave, brave woman! I just get goosebumps! You're amazing and you are so beautiful from past pictures I've seen! I'm so glad to hear such positive words come even though the pain is so intense.

Do you know how much weight that skin weighed? I'm curious. There's another member on this board who is very worried about the weight of sagging skin, I think.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:53 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5

so glad you were able to do this for yourself and that you are happy with the results.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:58 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Wow thank you for sharing your amazing story- you are amazing
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 140/123/?

Height: 5'2.5

I'm glad you did this for you!! It seems you have many stressors and are a very strong person! Keep it up & I'm so happy you can now feel beautiful completely outside to match the inside!
molldoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations ! I think this is a great gift to yourself and you deservr it .
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #8  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

What an awesome story and then the story of your mother! Just amazing, thank you so much for sharing. =) Can't wait to see those tummy picks!

Congratulations on living life!
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:35 PM   #9  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I'm terrified of body lifts, they are such major surgery, but I admit I will likely have the same problem with abdominal skin once they weight is gone and babies are done. Fifteen or so years down the line, whenever I hit menopause and babies are done, I may very likely do the same thing with the abdominoplasty. I haven't even lost all the weight yet and my abdominal skin is doing the same thing!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Thank you for sharing all of this. I am so happy for your accomplishment of weight loss and your opportunity to have the tummy tuck with your hysterectomy. It's all wonderful.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #11  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Wow! Your story is amazing. I'm so glad your mom made it through such a scary time and what a blessing that you took that experience and used to to better your own health. You are a deserving woman!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #12  
Lazybones

S/C/G: 260/255/155

Height: 5'7

You are amazing! What a great motivation! Happy healing.
Slimjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:01 PM   #13  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Bless your heart darlin, yours is an amazing story! You deserve so much health and happiness in your life. You will feel better and better with each passing day. I've had a hysterectomy and it takes about a month to get back to where you feel like yourself again. I'm so glad you have your mom to hug and kiss. I was my mom's caregiver several years ago. I lost her to ovarian cancer. So enjoy your mama there is just no one like her!!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for sharing your story! 6 c-sections, wow! I've had two and they're not that fun! I'm already planning on surgery as well...I've got quite bit of loose skin so far and I know I'll have lots more. I'll wait until after I reach goal and then somewhere down the line...we may have one more baby so I would wait at least 5 years until we know for sure we're done.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I am so thrilled for you.

I hope you have a speedy recovery. I'm excited for you to continue to recover and discover the newer and even more improved you!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote