Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 9 (11/15 - 11/21)

Bigmid
11-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Okay everyone here we are at week 9 and we only have a month left in this challange.
I know that a few of us are struggling and when I did well on past challanges I made it a point to post everyday, to do the exercise log and the food log so my challange to all of you who have been having the same trouble as me is to do this everyday. If short on time just post HI, exercise type in min done and food log OP you don't have to type everything out but coming here makes us all a little more accountable and lord knows I need that.

Also this is the Fall focus challange.....let's all remind ourselves what the focus was and see if we can get it back

My focus was to be at goal (150) but the end of the challange....that was a loss of 12lbs. Now I am at 176.8 so far from goal its not even funny. So my new focus is to get on track and be 168 by the end of the challange.

Who's with me on re-focusing on our original goals.:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Bigmid
11-14-2010, 10:09 PM
Congratulations to our Biggest losers this week

Biggest Loser:
Muffentop, -5.2 lbs, -2.73%

Honorable mentions:
NancyO, -3 lbs, -1.57%
Khrungy, -1.8 lbs, -.72%
maryshady, -1.2 lbs, -.68%

Great job ladies, and a big congrats to the whole Blue Team

We did lose 4 more this week so make sure you post your WI on time. We only have 1 month to go lets finish this together and strong.

Mercy03
11-15-2010, 03:58 AM
Who's with me on re-focusing on our original goals.

Today is day one of my new challenge.Out of town company is leaving this morning and so are the excuses.

Bigmid, 5 pounds by thanksgiving and 10 by the end of the challenge,you up to it?

dream710
11-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Good morning team! Congrats to our biggest losers! I've rededicated myself to healthy eating this week. Plan is to eat less and choose more healthy options. Goal for this week is to stay within calorie range, log on to livestrong, eat 3 fruits and 3 veggies a day, and limit sugary carbs.

Soon2BFitChick
11-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Hiya Peeps, sorry I never come in much. Just staying so busy with the kids things and all the stuff going on. Hope you all are doing well.

I have been ill and taking meds now so feeling some better. I did lose this week but went to post and I guess I missed the cutoff. It was 1030pm here so not sure exactly. Usually I try to do it b4 9pm here, which is cst. Anyone know for sure for Central ST? Anyhoo, that was last freebie! So I hafta be sure to watch that! :yikes:

Well, I'll hopefully post a bigger loss next week so that's good, 2 weeks worth. :dance:

Be back later on, hugs,
Selina :hug:

:df: :bubbles: :yoga: :yay: :bb: :rofl: :cp:

Bigmid
11-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Morning team, results are posted and the Red Team won this week. I want both teams to finish this thing strong and without losing any more teammates. Lets do this.

Mercy - I feel sick today - still full from eating to much last night.....why do I do this and this morning up again so now instead of being 12lbs from goal I'm now 28lbs.......WHO DOES THAT I'm such an idiot. Your on with the loss goal....When is Thanksgiving anyway....lol

dream - your plan seems very thought out and super healthy....good job

Have a great OP day everyone.

Bigmid
11-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Hi Soon2B - we must have posted at the same time. Sorry you missed cut off, don't quote me but I think cst would be 2 hours behind ast.
Glad your keeping busy with the kids, to bad about being sick but glad your feeling better now. Stop by whenever you get the chance to post.

Mercy03
11-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Morning team, results are posted and the Red Team won this week. I want both teams to finish this thing strong and without losing any more teammates. Lets do this.

Mercy - I feel sick today - still full from eating to much last night.....why do I do this and this morning up again so now instead of being 12lbs from goal I'm now 28lbs.......WHO DOES THAT I'm such an idiot. Your on with the loss goal....When is Thanksgiving anyway....lol

dream - your plan seems very thought out and super healthy....good job

Have a great OP day everyone.

LOL,you are in Canada right? It's NOvember 25th a Thursday,so it's 10 days.Just do it! Why do we jeopardize our goals? Not being an idiot that's for sure.Weight loss is a process with ups and downs.Focus on how much you have lost,it's a great accomplishment and much to be proud of.:hug::hug:

Mercy03
11-15-2010, 06:39 PM
http://www.walkathome.com/index.php/walk_club/introducing_the_walk_club/

@ BIgmid,click on the link and do the 1 mile express.Even if you don't feel like exercising,this is a good start in getting back into the swing of things.

Bigmid
11-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Hi Mercy - okay 5lbs by the 25th so far today the eating has been good but it is only 6pm. I already did my exercies today (that part has been good for a couple weeks now) but I did your 1 mile anyway. Well most of it after 12min I got sick of the streaming on my stupid computer. So after my other workouts I will add the 1 mile walk (I own a few of her DVD's)
Thanks we can do this.

JackieHollow
11-15-2010, 10:36 PM
Wooo!! I'm glad to see the activity. I've been good today, but still no exercise. :( Tomorrow DH and I are goign Christmas shopping, and just spending a day out BY OURSELVES. With 4 kids, that RARELY happens, and I'm really looking forward to it. I get soo self conscious in public, and I'm determined NEXT year when we get out by ourselves (cuz that's about hwo often it happens. LOL), I am gonna be SMOKIN' HOT!!! :D

I'm gonna be doin' tons of walking tomorrow, but will definitely do my exercises Wed.

CONGRATS to all our losers, and I'll even extend my congrats to the red team.

Bigmid
11-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Off to bed now after I post my exercise and food log. I will get some extra walking in tomorrow too as we are in for a snow storm......uuugghhh!!!! and I always take the bus when the roads are crappy...so extra walking:)

Jackie - Have fun with hubby and with the shopping

maryshady
11-16-2010, 06:47 AM
Hi everyone! Been awhile since I have been on here. Glad to see everyone doing so well. i started a new diet about 10 days ago and am seeing really good results. I am already down another 2 lbs since weigh in so know I will have a great number for this weeks weigh in.

Have a great Tuesday!

dream710
11-16-2010, 08:07 AM
Mary-Congrats on the diet working!

Jackie-Enjoy your day alone with the hubby.

Bigmid-sounds like you had a good day. Lets go for day 2. :hug:

Mercy-:wave:

Soon2b-glad to hear your feeling better

I did pretty good yesterday. I did get my fruits and veggies in, I believe I stayed within my calorie range, website was acting up so couldn't get an exact count, and I avoided the sugary carbs. Exercise was good as usual.

fitin2008
11-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Hi everyone, So sorry about my gain last week. I'm sure I lost it for our team and that's not fair to everyone who is working so hard. I promise to have a loss this week.

My daughter did great in her half marathon. Her time was just a little over 2hrs. She said she won't be doing a full marathon in her lifetime though. This one was hard enough. It was fun going down and seeing all the racers. We also saw the marathon runners starting and ending. It was very inspirational.

Glad to see so many getting back on track. Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and for not kicking me off the team :o!

NancyO
11-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Morning Blue Team! It's a cold and snowy day here in Calgary and I already burned 250 calories shovelling snow for 45 min! Plus I have to walk back to the service station to pick my car up (with it's winter tires on), so my activity is done for the day. :) I'm in for getting back on track, I had hoped to get into the 175 by the end of this challenge, but I'm thinking 13lbs is probably not going to happen, so I'm going for 180, 8lbs. And that will get me to over 50lbs down too! Thinking about going back to WW at the end of the month as well, to see what the new programs all about.

Have a great day everyone!

Mercy03
11-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Hi everyone, So sorry about my gain last week. I'm sure I lost it for our team and that's not fair to everyone who is working so hard. I promise to have a loss this week.

My daughter did great in her half marathon. Her time was just a little over 2hrs. She said she won't be doing a full marathon in her lifetime though. This one was hard enough. It was fun going down and seeing all the racers. We also saw the marathon runners starting and ending. It was very inspirational.

Glad to see so many getting back on track. Thanks to all of you for your encouragement and for not kicking me off the team :o!

Nobody gets kicked off for not doing well we all have our bad weeks:hug:

Mercy03
11-16-2010, 07:49 PM
@ Nancy O.....Go for the 175!:carrot:

@Dream.........glad to see that you are posting again:)

@ Maryshady........where have you been?

@ Ms. Hollow:)

@ Selena,don't be such a stranger, you have been missed:hug:

Last but not least...........BIGMID! How you doing today? Well I ate and exercised today.2 days in a row.FINALLY:carrot: 5 pounds doesn't seem like it's unattainable at all,and 10 pounds by x-mas is a goal I should make.I'm tired of feeling like crap and maybe I needed to be slapped to get going lol.

Bigmid
11-17-2010, 12:06 AM
Hi everyone not on the computer so I'll do personals tomorrow. Just needs to be said to Fitin2008 DO NOT FEEL BAD OR TAKE THE TEAM LOSS ON YOU SHOULDERS. I had a huge part in that and I don't feel nearly as bad as I probably should. This journey we are on is all about the ups and downs (more ups for me this challenge) but winning means we stay true to ourselves (even when we gain) and the biggest win is to never give up trying so you are a big winner and so is the team for having you on it

Mercy - 2 good days for me too:)

Back tomorrow for the rest of my post

Have a great night everyone.

Mercy03
11-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Make it 3,did my exercises and now I work 3-11.Bringing slim fast and yogurt and fruit for dinner.Yum:D

fitin2008
11-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I'm glad to still be in this with you all, and would have felt worst if I dropped out, so thanks.

Last night we had a big adventure. We were awakened around 12:50 PM to the sound of very loud wind- loud enough for us to wake the kids and have them all go downstairs. Then we heard a crash that sounded like a tree had fallen on our home. We all stayed in the basement until the storm died down. When we came upstairs we saw that a huge branch about 8ft long and the size of a salad plate around had crashed through the skylight in our office. We spent the next few hours cleaning up glass and bark that was strewn across our office from one end to the other and out into our family room. Luckily nothing was damaged except for the skylight. We don't have any trees right over our home so the wind must have been pretty powerful to carry this huge branch right through our house. It wasn't a tornado though just high winds. We also found another big branch about 10 inches from my husband's car. Needless to say I was to tired to get up this morning to exercise. But will try again tomorrow.

PS. They showed pictures of the huge branch sticking into our office on the local news tonight. I tried to upload a picture here but couldn't figure it out.

Sameen
11-18-2010, 12:14 AM
Hello everyone!!!!
fitin2008- i'm so sorry to hear about the tree branch in your house. such a thing can be quite traumatizing. hope you and your family are well!
mercy- i'm liking your goal. i have exactly one week to loose those 5 pounds! i see you are doing the slimfast aswell? i got the slim fast shake drink but have still not gotten the hang of using it. any advice?

bigmid- Thank you for your support. I know i have come a long way and even if i'm not at goal by Christmas its not a biggie, as long as i stay on plan!!! and i'm sure you'll be able to manage the goals with mercy!!

Nancyo- sounds like a lot of work!!! yes you definitely did your activity for the day. We don't get snow here but i would LOVE to live in a place where its does!

as for me i have lost 2 more pounds. Officially at a 100 pound loss. have only eighteen pounds to go for my christmas wonderland goal. i have decreased my calorie intake and i'm back on my eliptical today:)

Bigmid
11-18-2010, 12:26 AM
Hi everyone I hope you all had a great OP day

maryshady - what is the new plan your on and WTG on 2 more lbs

Dream - WTG sounds like you had a great day yesterday. How did today go?

Nancy - did you have to shovel again today....stupid snow. The roads are not very good out there either. I made Ben drive me to the superstore for coffee creamer and then subway for supper. I wasn't attempting the drive. Did you get your 3 mile walk in ?

Mercy - WOOHOO 3 days for both of us. I like it. I was off today so I did 3 separate workouts today, granted one was only a 10 min one but the other 2 were a 25 min one and 45 min one. Food was OP too. Have a good night at work.

Fit - I'm glad everyone is okay sounds like quite the mess you had to clean up though. Where do you live?

Well I had a great day today and was OP but for some reason I'm feeling guilty about having subway for supper. It was a healthy one too. I really have issues:). Stacy where are you I really need my head examined...lol

Well off to bed.

Hello to the rest of the team and sorry if I missed anyone. Doing this on my phone.

Bigmid
11-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Sameen - we posted at the same time:)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! 100lbs gone that is awesome you have to be incredibly orpine of yourself. It's awesome.

Where do you live? We can do a swap I'll go to no snow and you can come here (I live in the same city as Nancy) I hate the snow, it's pretty but very dangerous to drive in.

Thanks I think I will make my goal with Mercy as well.

Mercy03
11-18-2010, 12:37 AM
I really have issues. Stacy where are you I really need my head examined...lol

LOL! nuff said,you speak well enough:D

@ Sameen. To kick start my diet,I drink 2 shakes a day 1 for breakfast and lunch with a snack in between and have a good dinner plus another snack.Because the shakes have only 190 calories,I know exactly how many calories I am having and what I am able to have for dinner.I keep my calories at 1200 a day.(I'm petite).

I have always been able to take off 4-5 pounds the 1st week,lots of water weight I'm sure but it seems to have a cleansing effect.

Hope that helps:)

Bigmid
11-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Morning everyone let's make this day 4 of being OP. We'll rock this weeks WI
It's snowy and cold here again today and the roads are in horrible shape. Thank goodness I'm on holidays and don't have to go anywhere. Messes with my plan for running my whole vacation though. Good thing I have lots of DVDs
Have a great day

JackieHollow
11-18-2010, 11:18 AM
Hey everyone!!! I've been busy the last couple days... sorry for not checking in. Was gone all day with dh on Tuesday, and it was so nice. THEN yesterday we had to go back and do some grocery shopping (because we ran out of time on Tuesday). So we took all the kids with us and ended up being gone all day. LOL

I'm ready to do the rest of my shopping online. Crowds get to me! LOL

Fit... WOW how scary!!! I'm glad to hear everyone is ok, and I hope it's not to $$ to fix.

Sameen... WOOOOOTT!! CONGRATS GIRL!!!!! that is AWESOME!!!!!

I'm so happy to see the excitement coming back!! :)

fitin2008
11-18-2010, 01:01 PM
The local news station put pictures of our storm damage up on there blog so if you want to look at it here's the link:

http://nbc12weather.wordpress.com

Insurance guy came today and everything will be covered, except the deductible of course. Thanks for all the kind words.

Mercy03
11-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Sameen,Congratulations on the weight loss,what a tremendous accomplishment!

Day 4 and still on track,I think it will be more than 5 pounds by the 25th:D

JackieHollow
11-18-2010, 09:20 PM
I have a ??

Does anyone have any recomendations for a body shaper for a big girl? I have an hourglass figure (when I begin to lose anyway). I really want to accentuate that as I lose. I bought some shirts at old navy the other day but they tend to cling a bit (I'm used to big and baggy!). Would love a body shaper to help ease up the muffin top, and smooth out my bumps. I'm looking at spanx but want to make sure it's GOOD (and firm!) before dropping that much money on it.

I'm a big girl, and need something sturdy. Any rec's at all???

Bigmid
11-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Morning well I was Op for the 4 days but I somehow put on a pound from yesterday to today. As long as I still show a loss for Sunday I guess it will be okay. My exercise has been really good my food has been too but I'm doing a combo of things and yesterday was a higher calorie (salt) day so......

Jackie - glad you had a nice day out with hubby and that all you grocery shopping is done. I agree I don't usually buy online but I cant stand the crowds anymore and there out in full force. I'm not sure where you could get a body shaper sorry. I can't were the old navy shirts for that reason and I still find them expensive for how thin they are made (at least the ones for Canada) I love their jeans though.

fit - Wow a picture really dose say a thousand words. Again I'm glad everyone is okay

Mercy - WooHoo your rockin this thing. I hope I can compete:)

JackieHollow
11-19-2010, 10:44 AM
Jacky, I did notice the shirts are a bit thin. But I got them on sale, and then 50% off. So they were like 2.50-7.00. Unfortunately the 7.00 ones were the ones I couldn't wear. They were just way too snug in the arms and shoulders. I wish I had realized they sized that way before I bought, but now I know!!

I ended up buying a spanx slim cognito body shaper. I sure hope it's worth the money!! LOL

Don't let that pound throw you. You're doing great!

Mercy03
11-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Well I am off work today,already did my exercises this morning:carrot:Bigmid,I went up a pound today too,probably water:devil:,we have the good attitude going again that's all that matters:)

@ Jackie,I think you made the right choice with the spanx,it's the best on the market and if I don't get myself back in shape I am going to need one as well:D

babygrant
11-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Just checking in with you ladies! You all are doing AWESOME!!!!

I am going to get my gallbladder out on Tuesday and trying to kick the last of my cold I've had. It's lingered for 3 weeks now, grrr. Anways, I hope to be able to join the next challenge!

Bigmid
11-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Morning everyone well I've managed 4.5 days I cheated a bit for supper last night and it didn't show up on the scale yet....so by being good today I hope I can keep it away from the scale for the morning. Exercise has still been good everyday.

Jackie - good luck with the spanx and your right for that price you can't pass up the shirts

Mercy - I too have been doing my exercises in the morning that way I can do whatever I want for the rest of the day. That's what I love about being off I can exercise in the morning. When I work I have no desire to workout at 6 am

babygrant - I'm so glad you came and checked in with us. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. It's good you are finally getting your surgery and I wish you a very speedy recovery. Look forward to seeing you on the next challenge.

Well about to head down to the basement fir my workout. Have a great OP day

Bigmid
11-21-2010, 01:06 AM
Wow very slow day for posts hope everyone had a good day.

I did okay food wise I think and did very good with exercise so hoping for a good number tomorrow.

Talk to you in the morning

abreezies
11-21-2010, 08:16 AM
I'm still holding still. I need to find my motivation......I think it's playing hide n seek. My computer has been on the fritz too.....I guess I need to take it to th shop so I can talk with everyone more!

Mercy03
11-21-2010, 08:23 AM
My mother had another trip to the Hospital,hence no posting.She is being released today(thank gawd).

Bigmid,I am still on track with food and exercise:carrot:

Babygrant,I know you can't wait until you get that thing out and start to feel better,it's been such a long time since you have felt well.:hug:

Abreezies,you'll find it,or it will find you(motivation that is)

maryshady
11-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Down 3.8 lbs this week. Feel it would have been more but I had a lot of salt yesterday and didn't drink as much water as usual. But my nsv for yesterday was I went to my niece's b-day party brought all my own food...passed up pizza, spaghetti & meatballs, and most importantly Italian bread! I even brought an apple cut it up cooked it in micro with splenda and cinnamon instead of eating cake!

Jackie-I have bought Spanx in the past. They do work well but I found the ones you buy in a department store (JC Penny, Macy's) work better for less.

Mercy- Hi!!! I have been so busy. Work has been crazy. Promise I will try to get here more often. Seems like you are back on track!:carrot:

Sameen-Wow 100 lbs is awesome! :D

Bidmid-The diet I am following is HCG. It is a female hormone that you take along with a low calorie diet. It seems to be working great for me. I usually have a horrible time losing weight but I have lost 9 lbs in two weeks so far. Most lose more but I am happy with my results. My son is on it also (he is 6' and weighed 294. He is down 20 lbs so far.

Have a great Sunday!!! Keep up the hard work! :)

JackieHollow
11-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is finding great numbers on the scale today. I'll WI within the next hour (after my kids leave for church. lol) I'm so proud of all those that are back on track and showing discipline. I'm still not exercising like I should. :(

I wasn't around much yesterday. Had a blistering migraine all day, then a huge fight with the husband last night. Migraine is still here (tho not nearly as bad.. yet.. and the husband is at work. LOL)

I'm expecting a good loss today. Let's hope I'm not disappointed!!

Mary... I hope I'm not disappointed in the spanx! I spent too much money on it, but my husband said I needed one. LOL

Sameen
11-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words. It really means a lot and i'm sure i wouldn't have been able to do it without your help!

MaryShady- Congratulations on your loss!!!! it must feel great!

Jackiehollow- I hope you are feeling better!

Mercy03- thank you so much for the tip. I will start doing it from tomorrow. In snacks i will take a fruit or crackers. Does that seem fine? i Hope your mother is doing better!

BabyGrant- Good luck with teh Golbladder removal!

Bigmid- Thank you for your kind words! I live in Lahore, Pakistan and it can't get any hotter here!

As for me, i just got myself a nintendo Wii and the Wii fit. Its like a 100 pound gone present that i have given to myself and hopefully i will also put it to good exercise use!!! i also went out and got myself new clothes. one size too small... just in hopes to fit into them by the end of this year! Fingers crossed!!!

JackieHollow
11-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Checking back in! Finally WI.. had a GREAT wi. It's an hour later than I usually do it, but as soon as my kids left for church, my mom came over. I'm so close to that 50 lb mark I can practically taste it. 51 lbs will be 1/3 of the way to goal. LOL I'm excited to add another dancing man to my siggie. ;) Maybe I can lose 3 lbs next week and add another too! heehee

Muffentop
11-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Is everyone ready for Thanksgiving yet? Can't believe that the holidays are already upon us! I still have to go grocery shopping for the big day, but luckily my DH & I go to my in-laws for dinner so I will just have to bring a few side dishes and some dessert.

Have a great week everyone... and Happy Thanksgiving!

NancyO
11-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Lost a lb this week, which finally puts me at overweight for my BMI! And it's a new low for me, so yay! Was pretty good with eating all week and really good with excersing, so I'm going to keep up with the exersising and start really watching what I eat this week. 3 lbs till 50lbs down!

Have a great week all!

lolcat
11-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Howdy...
MIA again this week. My computer still on the fritz... Boyfriend's car broke down so we're trying to share a vehicle.... I'm extremely sick and on massive doses of antibiotics....
I feel like I''m letting my team down. I'm really sorry, everyone :(

Bigmid
11-21-2010, 11:50 PM
Moving this over to week 10