Old 11-02-2010, 12:28 AM   #1  

Default Got off track - how can I get motivated again?

I began MRC on August 15. All was going well until I had to have emergency gall bladder surgery on Oct. 1. That got me off track for awhile and we have also had guests at our home. That was wonderful but it was
really hard for me to stay on program with all the things we did and trying to
make sure they had a good time (i.e. eating at restaurants where they wanted to go). This is the first time in my almost 2 years of losing weight (did it 21 months prior to joining MRC) that I have gotten way off track and sadly can't seem to get my motivation back. I have no idea where it went !
I would appreciate any tips or advice on how to put myself back on track. It seems like it's a mental issue and kind of like I'm tired of thinking about dieting all the time. I've gained back about 5 pounds with this episode and want to stop this trend. I have lost @ 60 pounds and would like to lose about 20 more. Thanks for your help!
Debster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:36 AM   #2  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

wish i would have posted what you did back in october 2009. but i didn't. i had lost 160 lbs, and got "bored" i too know it is a mental issue with me. sooooo, i gained 5 lbs, then 10, then 50, then 100, and before i knew it a mere year later i had gained it ALL back plus 3 extra........if only i had stopped at 5lbs.
this time i am seeking help for the mental aspects of my eating disorder.

you said it yourself, and if it seems like a mental issue for you too, please call someone in the morning, and start working on it. you have come too far. and believe me, it is not easy taking a backslide like that.

you know you are in a dangerous place right now, i'm guessing that is why you have posted, please please take the steps you need to take to move forward....it is all a part of the process.

thinking of you
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I agree with Piper, if you feel you are backsliding etc it's time to get it under control before that 5lbs turns into 60. I know what you mean about tired of dieting.. I did that after I lost 70 lbs with weight watchers.. I was sooo tired of counting points, and weighing and measuring everything I ate that I went off thinking I could handle food on my own, just make smarter choices right? small portions, healthy options.. yeah that worked for maybe 24 hours then I was right back to overeating here and there, eating out here and there and before I knew it those 70 lbs were back with a vengence and instead of going back to what worked I went on fad diet after fad diet trying to get it off quick without having to count or weigh and it never worked. I think I'm the type of person that just needs the structure of a strict diet.
So here I am with MRC and it's strict and I log my food in daily and count and weigh and take my pills and drink my water and I haven't felt this good in a long time! So maybe remember how good you feel right now with those 60 lbs off and how much better you'll feel if you get another 20 off.. before you know it you'll be on maintenance and eating normally again and loving your new body!! You can do it!!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200.5/166.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Default goals

what has helped me to get my motivation back is setting goals. My first one was to run a 5k. Accomplished! Now I'm looking forward to a girls weekend in chicago in january and I wanna be 15-20 lbs lighter and get a new outfit. After that a family vacation in may. These have helped me tremendously to keep focused. Maybe you just need a goal to work towards I know its hard getting it back but you can do it!
Gward714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #5  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Debster sorry to hear you are struggling. Look in the Maintainers forum, under The maintenance library at tip TFL Key #5. I just started reading the beck diet and it works with any diet. You can probably get it at the library.
It works with cognitive therapy. Hope this helps.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote