100 lb. Club - Wat are the small things that motivate you regarding weight loss?

tsuninight
10-27-2010, 06:55 PM
So this is probably one of my more random posts, but is there anyone else who gets ridiculously happy when you NOTICE your ticker move or another small thing that makes you super happy regarding your weight loss progress? What are the small things that make you happy?

For example: I picked the sad, neutral, and happy faces with a super cute penguin (I canít resists penguins, itís like they sooo look like they need to be huggedÖ One of the cutest things I ever saw was a baby penguin chasing a butterfly at the zoo). Well I get ridiculously happy when I move to a new face, and now Iím moving into the NEUTRAL faces! AWWWW YEAH!

Iím looking forward to being in the middle of the first neutral face, and completely out of the unhappy faces, but it occurred to me that being quite that happy about a ticker may be a little weird.

KatMarie
10-27-2010, 08:55 PM
I use mynetdiary program on my iPad to track calories, weight loss and measurements and I get all excited when I put in my weight loss and then click over to see it on the graph! Love to see the downward slope. Lol

SCraver
10-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Yesterday... I noticed my @$$. Hee hee hee... it is getting quite firm! That is motivating me to keep up with the exercising. Exercising motivates me to eat a little better. Eating better helps me exercise more. Which make my buns firmer.

It is a viscous circle.

caryesings
10-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Updating my ticker has been great throughout this journey. My weight loss has been fairly slow so I only weigh in once a month. And even if its only been 2 lb. loss, when I post on that ticker I see how it adds up.

rockinrobin
10-27-2010, 09:13 PM
tsuninight, I just have to say that I love your avatar - "the cake is a lie". Love it!

Oh I used to love changing my ticker as well. Changing my avatar every 5 pounds was something I also greatly looked forward to.

rachael
10-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Changing my ticker and updating my weight on our weight race thing at work.

Jelbelle
10-27-2010, 09:55 PM
I love, love, LOVE tickers! I think it's one of the most motivating things, is that sad? Ha! I also love weighing in on all of my challenges, or updating my exercise logs. Knowing that I need something to go after each little date makes me go out and exercise, and also my blog has really helped, because I always look forward to talking about something, whether it be weight loss or just life, wanting to blog about something MAKES me come back to this website, and every time I come to 3FC I have to poke around, and that has truly kept me motivated. I love this site!

TooManyDimples
10-27-2010, 10:03 PM
I like seeing my ticker too. I can't wait until I get past the 20 day thing and get to use my signature so I can put one up here. I have blogs that I'm keeping exercise and my calorie log on and it's nice to see how many days in a row I've exercised (today was day 7 in a row) and how many days I'm binge free (today was number 11 in a row) It's very motivating to keep close track of everything.

Sunshine73
10-27-2010, 10:04 PM
I LOVE moving my ticker!! In fact, I'll often check back in through the day just to look at it. I know. I'm sad and pathetic. LOL. I also track everything on LiveStrong and I love to look at my weight graph and see the downward slope. It's a very visual reminder of the progress that I've made.

TooManyDimples
10-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Tonight my husband asked me how much weight I've lost so far. I told him I haven't weighed since last Friday, but at that point I was down 5lbs. He said he can already tell in my face, that he can see my jawline more. I don't know how true that is, but it's definitely nice to hear! =)

tsuninight
10-27-2010, 11:20 PM
I use mynetdiary program on my iPad to track calories, weight loss and measurements and I get all excited when I put in my weight loss and then click over to see it on the graph! Love to see the downward slope. Lol

haha! I completely understand this one. I created a spreadsheet with a graph because I'm such a visual person. I love downward trending!

I even posted my nerdiness on my youtube chan lol because I get questions on it on LiveJournal. hehe

I don't havea n y apps yet for my droid, but I should look at one sometime... though I did just DL the sparkpeople.com app

tsuninight
10-27-2010, 11:21 PM
Yesterday... I noticed my @$$.

haha that's awesome... I keep hoping mine will get a better shape. I've lost the most in my bust and ***.... and those weren't my problem areas to begin with lol.

tsuninight
10-27-2010, 11:24 PM
tsuninight, I just have to say that I love your avatar - "the cake is a lie". Love it!

Oh I used to love changing my ticker as well. Changing my avatar every 5 pounds was something I also greatly looked forward to.

Thanks! I figured it had dual purpose... it references a psychotic computer & It's sooo true! Tempting, delicious, and TOTALLY bad for you, must ignore the beckoning! lol

tsuninight
10-27-2010, 11:27 PM
my blog has really helped, because I always look forward to talking about something, whether it be weight loss or just life, wanting to blog about something MAKES me come back to this website, and every time I come to 3FC I have to poke around, and that has truly kept me motivated. I love this site!

I too find huge motivation in blogging. Here, my LJ group 100pounds2lose, sparkpeople, etc. I think hearing about what other people are going through (good, bad or somewhere inbetween) really helps me stay on track and going. It also keeps it in my thoughts. :D

tsuninight
10-27-2010, 11:28 PM
it's nice to see how many days in a row I've exercised (today was day 7 in a row) and how many days I'm binge free (today was number 11 in a row) It's very motivating to keep close track of everything.

NICE huge gratz!

AngelicLyna
10-28-2010, 04:35 AM
Like most ladies I like to see my ticker move. I look at my old pictures and the mirror a lot, it helps me keep pushing myself since I see a huge difference. I also vision myself fit, healthy and in clothes I've never gotten a chance to wear in my life. But what keeps me even more motivated was challenging my guy friends to a 60 days workout program (Insanity by Shaun T) and compare our fit tests. I usually do more reps than the fellas and it makes me very proud to be kicking their butts since the are "normal" size guys, friendly competition helps a lot.

Rosinante
10-28-2010, 06:33 AM
Tiny discoveries keep me going:
The other day I discovered that when I bend down to tie my shoelaces, they're now tied in the middle, not to one side.

You know when you put your arm in one sleeve of a jacket, then you bend the other one round to grab for the other armhole? On my small, cute jacket I keep missing, because the armhole is farther away than it used to be. It's almost like......it's getting too big!

TXMary2
10-28-2010, 07:00 AM
I get giddy about moving the ticker too! I also love to see the downward progression of numbers on my daily weight log.:carrot:

shannonmb
10-28-2010, 08:31 AM
I weigh monthly, so I have to wait awhile in between for ticker changes. But I absolutely love changing my ticker and my little profile numbers under the avatar. It's the first thing I do after I weigh in.

In between weigh-ins, I love how for a couple weeks I don't notice any changes in my body, then all of a sudden a roll here or there is noticeably smaller. I love feeling the wooshes on my body before the scale tells me they've happened. But it also makes me super excited to see what the scale has to say about it! :D

Jojo381972
10-28-2010, 11:23 AM
I also love seeing the ticker move down! I find it so motivating to keep going.

Little things also motivate me like seeing that my jeans are looser, or noticing it in my face. I always hated my double chin, and I'm finally getting rid of it for the last time. :D

LiannaKole
10-28-2010, 11:46 AM
First of all, a baby penguin chasing a butterfly is SO ADORABLE! I nearly died with the cuteness and I haven't even seen it! <3 <3 <3

I have weird, small things that motivate me. For example, when I first started out losing weight I did a lot of calculators and charts to get a good idea of where I was. All of them said OBESE and warned me about my severe health risks.

Then a couple days ago I found an "ideal weight" calculator and tried it for the heck of it. It said I was "marginally overweight." I just stared at it. What did it MEAN? I'm overweight. Yeah, got that. But the "marginally" struck me particularly hard. Marginally - as in, very little / not much / slightly. :eek:

That was a holy crap moment for me. As of my ticker weight, I only have a little over 10 lbs until I'm technically not overweight anymore. :yikes: It's exciting and scary.

Also, last night my elbow was itchy and I went to itch it and half missed - freaked me out that part of my arm was like gone. And the top of my elbow had a dent!

But yeah, there's my rambly answer. Lol!

Eliana
10-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Tickers, smaller clothes, the thought of smaller clothes, the enticement of an all out shopping trip at goal, comments people make, pictures...all great motivators. :D

ChrissyBean
10-28-2010, 12:12 PM
I *heart* my ticker! It's the silliest thing, but it makes me so proud to see what I've accomplished and even if it doesn't move for the longest time, it's still a sign of my hard work.

I also really like posting pictures of ME on Facebook. Used to be that I'd load photos of my husband, kids, whatever, but not ME. Not anymore...! :)

matt_H
10-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Instead of buying a new belt, what I've done is cut off segments of my existing belt and punched holes in it so I can keep using it. I look forward to feeling my belt get a little loose and realizing it is time to punch another hole!

That, and buying new clothes are things that make me happy (tangible real evidence of weight loss since it is hard to see the minor changes in the mirror).

tsuninight
10-28-2010, 01:44 PM
You guys have some really great motivators!

I totally went awwww when the hubbie noticed. Good job for him for 1 noticicing and 2 saying something. :)

The belt idea is kinda nifty too.I don't wear belts. I'm shaped funky and I find belts horribly uncomfortable, but that one too sounds like a great plan. I think i'd want to just leave the extra so I ended up with almost two belts JUST to SEE the difference. LOL.

Glad there are so many ticker happy people out there!