Old 10-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #1  
Bride on a mission!

S/C/G: 188/185/130

Height: 5ft 5 in

Default need advice on excersises I can do at home

hello ladies, i am 21 mother of a 2 year old I weigh 185 and need to lose 55 pounds by july of 2011 or my mini goal of 10 pounds by thanksgiving, I am stuck at home all day long, i do not have any shoes besides flip flops and heels so i cant just go walking ( i know they are on my list ) and i do not have any weights or dvds, am i a lost cause r what lol I was wondering if anyone had any good tips on how i could burn some cals at home withouthe for mentioned items any help would be greatly appreciated!
MsCollins2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:39 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/

Check out DVD from your library?

If you need something simple to start out with, try Kim Lyons. I loved starting there. Very doable.

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...up-series-5742

A
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:42 PM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Do you have OnDemand with your cable package? Often times there are exercise shows available- yoga, tae bo, Walk Away The Pounds, etc... I've used them before and they will get the job done. If you can get your hands on some cheap dvd's (Amazon, library) that will help tremendously. And for yoga and pilates you don't even need shoes.

I have some stuff at home that was relatively inexpensive to acquire: a stair stepper, resistance bands (I love these and they are pretty cheap at Target), 5lb weights, etc...
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:46 PM   #4  
Bride on a mission!

S/C/G: 188/185/130

Height: 5ft 5 in

thank you guys so much this was very helpful, i was at the library yesterday actually and did not even think about looking for a dvd there but i will go again today! also the yoga sounds like a good idea but do you really lose weight with that?
MsCollins2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #5  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

about.com has a whole list of body weight exercises. you don't need shoes to squats. try to do those a few mins at a time, while you vacumn do lunges, calve raises while you wash dishes. whatever you can think of.

come join the planks and lower body challenges when you have a minute.

try to get over the mindset we all get. i dont have time. i dont have any money.

2 mins jumping rope (imaginary) is good exercise. everyone has 2 mins lol. work up to 5,10 mins.
if you are ready for wts. use objects around your house. lift the liq. tide. hold something heavy and do squats. whatever works for you. then built up some equip. slowly.

my head is full of stuff. feel free to pm.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote