Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #1  
Delectable Inside + Out

S/C/G: 163.3/132.8/100

Height: 5'00

Default I Want Your Beauty Tips From Skin Care To Breast Augmentation

Mods, if this thread is misplaced please redirect!

I'm well on my way to losing the "x" amount of weight I want to drop. So now I'm thinking about other ways I can feel more beautiful and feel healthier. Everything from having healthier skin, healthier hair, and feeling better about body image. If you have any tips or suggestions that you live and swear by, please feel free to share!

I'm interested in knowing what natural products you use for skin care? I recently saw an infomercial for Meaningful Beauty by Dr. Jean-Louis Sebagh. It's advertised as an all natural ingredient and comes from a fruit. Has anyone tried this? Or something similar? Or do you use something processed that has worked just as well for you?

What about healthy hair? I'm curious as to how Wen is effective. Currently I use Dove products because it's gentle and the company does workshops to promote healthy body images for young girls. All of which really appealed to me. But now I'm hearing that most if not all shampoos literally strip your hair like laundry detergent. If it lathers.. it is doing damage to your hair. Has anyone tried Wen?

Lastly, which isn't so much about feeling healthier but rather feeling beautiful and good about yourself. Has anyone considered breast augmentation once they have achieved their weight goal? How much time researching and consulting surgeons do you estimate you will do before going under the knife? 6 months? A year? Which procedure of the various available are you likely to go with? And why? How much are you planning to spend and how will you financially afford it? I have a girlfriend and a coworker that both had breast augmentations done. Theirs differed in cost between $6000 to just over $10,000 dollars. Both went to a recovery resort afterward. Will you undergo a similar procedure or have you heard about the newest breast augmentation technology where patients are awake during the whole procedure and can go home that day?

Thanks guys. I appreciate it :]
Pudgebrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/258.4/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

I adore beauty products and topics! My bathroom is filled with all sorts of gadgets, gizmos, torture devices, and potions.

I highly recommend you visit the forum of Essential Day Spa. The ladies there are so knowledgeable and you'll find reviews for both Wen and Meaningful Beauty (Meaningful Beauty is a flop btw). But the best part is you'll find out what products will help you.

I'm 29 and am concerned with aging so I'm doing a multitude of different things to combat the aging process: I use Retin-A, topical Vitamin C, and sunscreen daily. I take MSM internally. I do facial exercises, massage with vaculifter, and dry brush sporadically, though I need to do all of them more often.

Sally Beauty supply has something called Hair One that is an alternative to Wen. I have the olive oil type and I like it. It takes some getting used to and I haven't noticed remarkable differences but I'll probably keep it around and use it when I have time (it's kind of time consuming). I have waist-length curly hair so I'm quite interested in hair products.

And I'm definitely getting a boob job when I'm done with my weight loss! I will probably wait a year to let my body adjust to the weight loss. I'm most interested in the gummy bear/gummy implants. They seem pretty cool. I'd also like to get the internal bra thing.

Last edited by thewronggirl; 10-14-2010 at 11:41 AM.
thewronggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #3  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Ok... Not really a skin or breast augmentation comment but my beauty secret that always makes me feel thinner... False Eyelashes. The more natural looking ones are perfect for giving me a confidence boost and thicker, darker lashes LOOK healthy.
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 272/258.4/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

MadameZombie-Have you ever used the Latise eyelash growth product? It has excellent reviews at EDS. I plan on trying it in the future.
thewronggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

Rose water is a great toner, especially if you have dry/sensitive skin

I find it's best to pour it into a spritzy bottle and spray a few times onto your face.

I have tried/still use RapidLash as it really does work. Within the first few days I considerably more eyelash growth and length. I don't bother with mascara anymore unless it's a night out.

Extra virgin olive oil is quite a versatile product too! Great as a hair mask/body scrub in winter.
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #6  
Heidi

S/C/G: 305/246/160

Height: 5'7

Cocoa better for itchy skin/stretch marks (a given, though). Honey is good as a face mask...very moisturizing, and honey is a natural antibiotic...great for any blemishes.

For natural products, I love Lush and Eminence...both are pricey, but totally worth it.
missheidi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:31 AM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I'm 49 years old and am definitely an Olay girl. I wash with Olay foaming face wash, remove my makeup (including eye makeup) with Olay daily facials cleansing cloths, and I moisturize with Olay anti wrinkle lotion, which has spf 15. At bedtime, I use moroccan oil or emu oil. I also drink plenty of water, take a hair, skin & nail vitamin and I stay out of the sun. My makeup is Smoky Mountain Minerals, which, in my opinion, is the BEST mineral makeup out there! http://smmbeauty.com/about-us/info_1.html

I've used Wen and have to say, for the money & the time consumption, it really wasn't worth it. You must thoroughly rinse your hair and apply a good amount depending on the length of your hair. I have long waist length hair so, I had to use a lot! You have to massage it in and work it thru to the ends (they recommend you comb it thru). You leave it on the duration of your shower and then you have to rinse & rinse & rinse. When its all rinsed out, you apply a small amount as a leave in conditioner. Its time consuming and its expensive because you have to use a lot of it. I color treat my hair (medium auburn) and use moroccan oil shampoo & conditioner from Sally's. It is sulfate & paraben free and does not strip color. I also used the moroccan oil restorative mask and the moroccan oil treatment. I can not say enough good about moroccan oil....I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!! Because I color my hair (particularly a red shade), I've learned I can not wash my hair everyday. On the days I don't wash it, I use Tresseme' fresh start spray in dry shampoo. I've also been known to just rinse my hair and apply conditioner from ears to ends. Moroccan oil conditioner, of course

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 10-16-2010 at 07:37 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:14 PM   #8  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewronggirl View Post
MadameZombie-Have you ever used the Latise eyelash growth product? It has excellent reviews at EDS. I plan on trying it in the future.
I was thinking about getting it but the only thing that scares me is the increase brown iris pigmentation! I have really light green eyes and I want to keep them green! :P
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:08 PM   #9  
Delectable Inside + Out

S/C/G: 163.3/132.8/100

Height: 5'00

Ahh! Thanks for the recs :]

I need to nurture my skin a lot more than I do. And yes, money certainly doesn't grow on trees so something more affordable is definitely the route I will want to go.

Anymore suggestions on breast augmentation? If you've had it done, tell me your experience and what you would do different or if you'd do the exact same thing!
Pudgebrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:07 PM   #10  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

Hmm well for natural skin products, I've heard really good things about almond oil. Apparently it doesn't make you break out, it's light, and scentless, and doesn't irritate the skin. I'm actually thinking about buying some. I've heard it can be used to moisturize and take off makeup.

I'm curious about the breast augmentation thing as well. My boobs are already sort of saggy and I'm only 20 AND not even done losing weight, so I might get something done to them later in life....
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote