South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 06:32 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Welcoming Weekend Beach Chat

Good Morning

Coffee is brewing! What's on your weekend agenda??

Since I got up so late, I'm going to scurry through a project before walking the dogs at 730. I would love to get my grocery shopping done early, but if I go soon I'll have to take the bus to the farmers market later since I won't drive to town twice....oh such big decisions. I'm going to try a new walking plan today-I'm going to leave the house and set my watch for 15 minutes with no specific destination in mind then turn around and come home. I'd love to do it early, but after my bear encounter I guess not.

I'm looking for an OP day here?? How about you?

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-25-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:41 AM   #2  
chubby punk

S/C/G: tick..tick...boom

I have never had a weekend on a diet, weekdays always seem easy to me but the weekend is so hard since i tend to sleep til midday (yes, i have no kids and no weekend responsibilities so i can). i did it today though, in my first week of south beach.
i went to a carnival last night, all the junk foods were so tempting. i took a bite of a kofta ball that i thought was made of cauliflower but was actually potato and carrot so i threw it out. it was a waste of money, i was pretty disappointed.
my first weigh in is tomorrow, im excited!
Old 09-25-2010, 06:45 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Lauren Belle! Welcome to the beach! If you are anticipating weekends to be more difficult, I would suggest planning everything out ahead. You know yourself well enough to be able to anticipate some potential problems and you can cover them in your plan. Write it down on paper and commit to it. I find it really helps!
Old 09-25-2010, 06:51 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Coffee is first, of course. I'm off to a charity breakfast and then need to stop in to a Senior's Bazaar and bake sale, trying to time it so I don't need to stay for the 'luncheon' part.

Lots to do at home with the remains of the day. My friend the restaurant reviewer, had to cancel out our "date" for tonight and I'm just as glad. I bought myself a small propane BBQ yesterday and want to try it out at home tonight. Of course, I need to assemble it first. I'm also going to play a bit more with my new sewing machine. It sure is more complicated than the other one and I need to figure out some of the fancy stitches.

I'm not sure what the weather is trying to prove. We had 85º yesterday and it's heading for a high of 61º today! I know it's fall but let's get with the programme, Mother Nature!

Hey! In two weeks it'll be Canadian Thanksgiving and I'll be just back from my trip. I guess I'd better decorate this weekend so things look good when I come back. I'd better buy a frozen turkey as well because I'm sure there will be folks here to eat it.

Now I need to get dressed and outta here by 7:20. The breakfast starts at 7:30 and is in the next town - of course! Road Runner Ruthie is my name around here.

Enjoy your Saturday whatever you do.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:00 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning, Road Runner Ruthie! I was sitting outside thinking about sewing machines, but I can't get started on anything new until this cookbook project is finished. Enjoy your day and I hope your BBQ goes together well.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning!

This is my first attempt at having coffee since Monday, and it's going down well, so I guess I'm completely over that bug.

Debbie, you crack me up, saying you got up late! I hope you get all your chores done early so you can have the rest the day to yourself.

LaurenBelle, , and it's great to have you joining us here on the Daily. Good for you for tossing that kofta ball when you realized it wasn't SBD friendly! That took real Willpower, and I hope you have a great weigh-in!

Ruth, it sounds like you have a pretty full day ahead of you! Your weather does sound pretty wonky!

We have to go get a new pool cover since the old one got snagged on something and ripped in half when Jake was trying to close the pool last weekend. So I'll help him put the new one on and finish closing the pool for the winter, but we don't have anything else planned for the rest of the day. I'll probably go visit Mom & Dad for a while and invite them over for supper.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:06 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy weekend to you too, LaurenBelle, way down in Oz, and happy first weigh-in too!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:12 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from the beach where coffee still rules my morning. It's our last full day here. I'm a little sad but it will be nice to be back in my own kitchen and petting my bratty little cats. We are hoping to do this again next year.

Debbie - You and DW are the earliest risers I know.I'd still be sleeping if the temptation to walk the beach at low tide hadn't dragged me out.

Welcome Lauren! Great job last night and evidence that you can make it through the weekend

Ruth - The weather has been like that here - changing by 20+ degrees from one day to the next. I hope this is the last of the 80s. I'm ready for some cooler fall weather.

Cottage - Enjoy your mostly relaxing weekend day

Okay, low tide calls and I'm off to walk the beach after a fruit smoothie with chia. Happy weekend everyone
Old 09-25-2010, 07:52 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Linda, I'm glad you're finally over your bug. We've had alot of it going around here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It sounds like your day is pretty mellow. Enjoy!

Cyndi, I wish I were headed down for low tide. It brings back memories of when I lived on the beach. I could just bop down for coffee every morning. I'm glad you've had a great time but I'll bet the kitties are missing you both.

While I'm here, I'll say hi to our weekend travelers;
Rikki
Heidi
Karen
Old 09-25-2010, 09:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

I am going to Church tommorrow. Hey everyone.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:09 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good morning, Okie! I'm going to church tomorrow, too. I'm gonna walk today, though.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 243/199.4/190

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everybody! The coffee is brewing to start my day! My hot plans are to watch the Hogs beat Alabama today!. I am so excited about the game I can't stand it. This will be my first weekend/gameday on my diet. I've decided that going to a bar to watch probably isn't the smartest move this early in my diet...which sucks because I love the excitement of a huge room of Hog fans screaming and cheering at the TV. Oh well, maybe later on it won't be such a dangerous place.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:56 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi wesley587 and to the beach! I've posted a link to your introduction on the other forum so we can get to know you betterhttp://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/intr...first-day.html.
It sounds like you've made a very smart decision staying out of the bar for the game today. It gets easier, for sure, and there will be a time soon when you're confident to hang out with the crowds. Have a great day! What helped you decide to follow South Beach Diet??
Old 09-25-2010, 12:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 243/199.4/190

Height: 5'8"

Lexxiss, thanks for your words of encouragement. I decided on South Beach because it seemed the easiest (that's not to say easy) to stay committed to. While there is structure, which is what I seem to need right now, there are lots of choices I can make myself. Unfortunately, there is not a diet that includes wine....lol....I haven't had any wine in weeks, but as soon as I wasn't "allowed" to have any, I've never wanted a glass so badly...lol...especially during the game! I WILL make it through the day w/out giving in! Im staying home and screaming alone...WOOHOO day 3! Go Hogs!
Old 09-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hey Wesley - you can absolutely have a glass of wine in the evening once you're on Phase 2. Many of us do! Welcome to the beach
Closed Thread