Other Reduced Carb Diets - BFC: I have a wedding to attend this weekend-- how to handle food?

dancingfish
09-22-2010, 10:48 AM
So I have to do my first dining out experience since starting the new diet--- need some advice...

I have no clue what is going to be served-- All I know is that its heavy appetizers-- I figure I can fill up on cheese and possibly shrimp-- any other ideas on what I should be on the look out for or what possible pitfalls???

Of course I could skip the food and just guzzle wine all afternoon too??? hahahaha

beerab
09-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Is there any way you can ask what will be served? Would eating before you go be an option? That might help reduce the temptation at least :)

At my husband's friend wedding they served hors d'oeuvres that I could eat like mushroom caps with cheese, dates wrapped in bacon (yeah I love dates I know they are sugary), and all sorts of little treats. Then the meal was great cuz you could make your own, so while people were grabbing rolls and eggs rolls and stuff, I loaded up on cheese, salad, and meat :) And eh, a glass or three of wine ;)

Txalupa
09-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi! Have a wonderful time at the wedding!

Just use your brain, and save your sugar/carb servings for the main event. Do an omelet with bacon bits, cheese, etc for breakfast and a caesar salad for lunch (if it's a late afternoon wedding). Then just hand pick your appetizers. Shrimp and cheese are great choices, as you said. Usually they serve some sort of meat and vegetable so eat up with the meat, but taste test it first for a sugary glaze.

You can do it!