Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-17-2010, 06:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

Default Stress Reducer Bringing Lunch to Meetings

Howdy,
To me it seems counter intuitive to find bringing my own lunch to lunch meetings where lunch is provided is a stress reducer. Twice this week I have had lunch meetings, twice I brought my lunch, twice I was very content and at peace with what I was eating. I also did not miss the take out pizza (which was on the menu both times). Salad was served but no protein, which is not good for me. I need protein, some fat, and veggies. Ladies did notice my lunch but no berating or snide remarks. Now, I am in a very good place to enjoy some extra calories/carbs this weekend. Like tonight with the party at my house
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:07 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

If this was Facebook, I'd hit the *like* button.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Whenever lunch is provided where I work, I bring my own. People usually don't ask. Many times I don't know what is going to be served and if it is somewhat healthy I take a small amount. If not, I've got my lunch that I know I will be happy with.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

Today was the first day of the fall semester at the university where I teach. Several of my classes were in the new humanities building, on the new section of campus which has just been completed -- mostly.

Traffic at the new entrance was terrible and there is for sure going to be an accident at some point if there hasn't been already. There are no signs to identify the buildings (so the students as well as faculty are all lost). There is no way to print anything like handouts and syllabi, because the printers have not been moved from the old campus. The classroom teaching technology (ha) didn't work, and the bigger classrooms DON'T EVEN HAVE ANY WHITEBOARDS, because obviously no actual teachers were involved in their design. Many of the doorways in the staircases were locked so you could get in, but not get out, except for on the ground floor. In one of the lecture halls, the seats were not properly fastened to the floor, so the students couldn't sit in half of the rows. I had to drive to two sections on two different campuses around town whose instructors are not here yet, and .... stall.

But I had my LUNCH!

Last edited by bronzeager; 09-19-2010 at 05:23 AM.
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

That sounds like a good plan!!!

I try to bring my lunch and not want whatever everyone else is having for lunch, I'd say it works 4/5 times, which is still progress for me!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #6  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

I bring my own lunch 99% of the time. I find that when I bring my own lunch to a meeting, where other food is being served, that most people are jealous of my lunch!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #7  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Height: 5'4"

People at my work always ask who organized the lunch, because they know if it's me it will be healthy. There are a couple of really good, health-minded caterers not far from my work. I've never seen pizza at a work lunch, but have often seen sandwiches with loads of sodium and salads with mayo... left out in boardrooms. No thank you.
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote