Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #1  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Default 22 (and a HALF!) days of PERFECTION

So... I am down to crunch time. My sister is getting married in 23 days. I have lost enough that people are noticing... and I don't look so obese in pictures anymore. Her bridesmaid told me that I looked good and she was proud of me! I told her I didn't want to be the fat one in the bridal party (lol!).

I have sort of hit a plateu of sorts. I have been maintaining, but that is because I have not been good with my eating - only ok. So for the next 22 days, I want to see how "perfect" I can be with my eating. But I am not doing this to torture myself... in fact, I would REALLY appreciate ideas on how I can make this fun and interesting for myself??

IDEAS??? Please!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'2

I bought a dress! My daddy got married a couple months ago and my hubby gave me this giftcard last Valentine's Day (refused to go buy anything until I was at or close to goal) so I went to the mall and got a dress that was just a little too tight. It was so sexy and sophisticated and I thought it looked good already and it was still too tight. Bear in mind I had more like 6 weeks rather than 3! I set a goal that I would lose 10lb in that time, it was frustrating how hard I had to try to get that much off in so little time, but OMG it was so fabulous when we left that day (CO to MN, another bit motivator, not seeing my fam for almost a whole year!) when I stepped on the scale and realized that I had actually done it! IMO the dress thing totally worked, you should try that!!

Last edited by Kyla0709; 09-16-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Kyla0709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:08 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Sounds like a great mini-goal!

Fun??

thinking...

The reception will be fun. You'll have more fun...

Gotta be careful with 'perfection'; you cant flog yourself for not perfect.

Good luck!
BlueFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #4  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyla0709 View Post
I bought a dress! My daddy got married a couple months ago and my hubby gave me this giftcard last Valentine's Day (refused to go buy anything until I was at or close to goal) so I went to the mall and got a dress that was just a little too tight. It was so sexy and sophisticated and I thought it looked good already and it was still too tight. Bear in mind I had more like 6 weeks rather than 3! I set a goal that I would lose 10lb in that time, it was frustrating how hard I had to try to get that much off in so little time, but OMG it was so fabulous when we left that day (CO to MN, another bit motivator, not seeing my fam for almost a whole year!) when I stepped on the scale and realized that I had actually done it! IMO the dress thing totally worked, you should try that!!
I read your response yesterday and have been thinking about it ever since... I have dresses lined up for that weekend... BUT I just realized this morning, that I have the PERFECT thing. I have a pair of jeans that are just a smidge too tight to be comfortable. I think I will make them the "goal" jeans... try to get to were they fit comfy. 3 lbs or so would actually be enough to take that "edge" off that is making them slightly uncomfy.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #5  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlower View Post
Sounds like a great mini-goal!

Fun??

thinking...

The reception will be fun. You'll have more fun...

Gotta be careful with 'perfection'; you cant flog yourself for not perfect.

Good luck!
You have NO IDEA how FUN the reception will be!! Lol! My sister is marrying my good friend from college. Her friends and my friends = same thing. Our family and his family all enjoy drinking. It is an open bar and there is going to be a martini bar during the first hour of the reception. OMG... There is going to be so much dancing and drinking and laughing and hugging (and probably happy crying)... You are right. I will have more fun if I spend the next few weeks working hard. I will feel good knowing that I worked hard to get as far as I have come.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #6  
Stubborn

S/C/G: 195/1175/145

Height: 5'5"

You can make a martini your on track mascot for the month! Cut out some pictures of them and put them in places where you can motivate yourself. On your scale- fridge, in your car (if you sneak food like my SO)
You could even make some low cal martini snacks like yogurt & berries in a Martini glass - mixed fruit, shrimps!
I find the most ridiculous things work best for me- but I live in cartoon land ^_^

Last edited by Number8; 09-17-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #7  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number8 View Post
You can make a martini your on track mascot for the month! Cut out some pictures of them and put them in places where you can motivate yourself. On your scale- fridge, in your car (if you sneak food like my SO)
You could even make some low cal martini snacks like yogurt & berries in a Martini glass - mixed fruit, shrimps!
I find the most ridiculous things work best for me- but I live in cartoon land ^_^
Now THAT is what I am talking about! hee hee hee... I wonder if I can find little martini stickers... put them on my calorie tracking sheets for every day/meal I am on plan...