Old 08-30-2010, 01:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/168/135

Height: 5'5

Default PCOS and points?

Hi alll..

I have been on WW for over 2 months and have lost .8 - I recently went to see my doctor and was diagnosed with PCOS which explains my lack of weight loss.

She said I need to eat around 1200 cals a day which calculates to around 19-20 points but based on the WW system I get 24 points. Anyone here with a similar story?

Thanks for everyones support - this site has been a lifesaver!
futureskinnygirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:38 PM   #2  

I'd go with what your doctor recommends. WW always says that is what you do if his/her recommendation is not the same as WW.

I probably do overkill, but I track points in my tracker and also enter it in my daily plate at www.livingstrong.com where they have a huge database and it takes me 5 minutes to enter my day. I found I was eating more calories than I thought some days - too many 0 point foods - and other days not enough - too much fat free stuff and things that had a lot of fiber.

I have insulin resistance so I needed to find a happy balance.

Please keep posting. We're here to support you.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Did your doctor mention low/right carb? If not then she probably doesn't know much about PCOS (took me many doctors till I found one that did).

You have to eat lots of veggies, a small amount of fruit, lots of lean protein, and ONLY complex carbs but even not too much of these either. From my own research I found that to lose weight with PCOS you should get under 40% carbs for the day, most people get around 55-60%. I personally aim for 30%.

You can check out my PCOS blog in my signature to see- but I don't know if WW has a low carb plan. I personally have been successful on South Beach Diet.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

When discussing my PCOS with my doctor, she said that WW was a fine plan...so long as I tried to avoid white flour, sugar, pasta and potatoes. I've been successful on WW keeping those items to a minimum. While WW may not have a specific low-carb plan, its easy enough to just plan your own day to avoid eating a lot of refined carbs.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/168/135

Height: 5'5

I agree .. I am currently eating low refined carbs. I will keep yall posted! I am hoping for success .. PCOS has been a major battle for me in my life
futureskinnygirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyyellowfeet View Post
When discussing my PCOS with my doctor, she said that WW was a fine plan...so long as I tried to avoid white flour, sugar, pasta and potatoes. I've been successful on WW keeping those items to a minimum. While WW may not have a specific low-carb plan, its easy enough to just plan your own day to avoid eating a lot of refined carbs.
To each his own but for me anything over 40% carbs in my day doesn't work, no matter how many complex carbs I eat. If I hit over 40% I get a gain. Both my doctor's say SBD is the best way to live your life with PCOS. It's the only thing that has worked for me. But yup definitely cut out anything white- bread/pasta/potato. If you have been doing this and only see a 0.8 lb difference in two months then it sounds like you are still eating too many carbs, complex or not.

Best of luck.

Last edited by beerab; 08-30-2010 at 05:26 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote