Old 08-28-2010, 01:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/230/180

Height: 5'4"

Default is anybody on a low carb die due to candida

I just rejoined this site after about ten years. Im amazed at how its grown! I was wondering if anybody here is doing high protein /locarb because of candida? Ive looked all over for a forum for people on the candida diet. Does anyone know if there is one?
somewhereinneverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

I was on a candida diet for almost a year, but I didn't do IP because of it. I think IP would be too restricting for a candida diet since you cannot have anything fermented like vinegars, mustards, soy sauce, chili sauces, pickles, and fungus like mushrooms are all things that keep me on IP that make this diet tolerable.

I drank a lot of green smoothies and I didn't exclude quinoa or brown rice from my diet, just yeast, sugars, fermented and fungus. You can eat a ton of different veggies on the candida diet as well, and IP is very limited.

I hope that helps you out! I didn't really find a place to talk about candida either, but I wish you well.

Candida diets aren't necessarily low carb, but they don't have yeast or a ton of processed foods which leads to less carbs.
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:23 AM   #3  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Hi there. This blog http://www.dietdessertndogs.com/ is written by an English professor in Canada, Toronto if I remember correctly, and it is witty, wonderfully informative, and all her recipes are for people who have candida.

I don't, but I love her recipes and wit.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252/230/180

Thank you so much ladies. Im going to check out that blog. And yes, I certainly dont need any more restrictions! This candida diet is basically made up of veggies and meat. I too have added in quinoa and berries. Thanks ladies.
somewhereinneverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Default Premier Nutrition RTD

A big "Thank-you" to I'm Svelting for suggesting the Premier Nutrition RTD shakes available at Costco. They only had chocolate, but I just tried one and it's pretty tasty. The case of 18 was $28.49, compared to $32.00 for 6 IP RTDs (which I chose not to buy on my last visit). That's $1.58 each instead of $5.33--a big saving, so thank you very much indeed!

Jackie

Oops, sorry this wound up in the wrong thread--supposed to be in the IP Alternates for Canadians.

Last edited by Jacqueline; 09-16-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Jacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #6  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Interesting topic.... I have become very interested in candida and my former carb addiction.... candida loves sugar ie carbs.... maybe my sugar issues are more than just overeating, hormones and lack of exercise???? I started doing more research on it after starting IP.
WannabeIP is offline   Reply With Quote