Metabolic Research Center - water

View Full Version : water

bbygrl77
08-22-2010, 09:01 AM
I'm on my second day on the program and was wondering, do i have to drink 64 ounces of water a day in addition to my 4 HNS drinks which when mixed in my water bottle equal 67.6 ounces? Also, I have 35 pounds to lose. I'm trying to figure out what is a realistic amount that I can expect to lose a week. I know heavier people can lose more each week. If anyone is losing 30 to 50 pounds, can you tell me how much you're losing a week?

08-22-2010, 09:21 AM
The minimum water intake is 64oz that's not including your hns. Did u know for every 8oz of cold water u drink the body burns 7 calories or more, reason being is the body have to warm up the water. Anyway when I was following the program faithfully I was dropping like 8lbs the first weeks then hit a plateau and just started losing 1-2 pounds a week. I couldn't stick to their diet. I was getting tired of eating the same thing. So I just used the education they gave me on serving sizes and healthy foods and started doing thinks my way without there pills and hns. Oh one thing the more water u drink the faster the water weight will come off. Hope this helps. I'm not trying to be discouraging about the program its just that its very expensive and u can actually can do it on your own and save a lot of money in the process!!!

ladystarrider
08-22-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm on my second day on the program and was wondering, do i have to drink 64 ounces of water a day in addition to my 4 HNS drinks which when mixed in my water bottle equal 67.6 ounces? Also, I have 35 pounds to lose. I'm trying to figure out what is a realistic amount that I can expect to lose a week. I know heavier people can lose more each week. If anyone is losing 30 to 50 pounds, can you tell me how much you're losing a week?

Yes, the water is in addition to the HNS. After a time you may end up increasing the water even more. I started with nearly 80 pounds to lose back in mid April. I have lost almost 40. This works out to about 1.5 pounds per week. I purchased an additional 17 weeks last month (for $99 when they had a special) so I could keep going to get to my goal by mid-December. I was told that 64 ounces of water per day was the minimum, and that I should add another 8 ounces for every 10 pounds I want to lose. So that means for me I should be drinking 96 ounces per day!
Different people lose at different rates - I have never lost 3 pounds a week, but overall I am very happy with my progress. Good luck to you!

PinkTiara22
08-22-2010, 03:45 PM
In theory you should try to drink half your weight in water oz. So, if your weight is 180 you should try to drink at least 90 oz a day.

Water is water. HNS and crystal lite type drinks don't count.