Old 08-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #1  

Default Strange Feeling

Last edited by SiJe; 10-04-2010 at 06:33 PM.
SiJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #2  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiJe View Post
OK this may be a little weird, but does anyone have an irrational fear of being thin or is it just me? I've been fat my entire life...well, the thinnest I can remember being was 178 at 19 and I thought I was still a bit fat considering I wear the same size pants now (since I lost the weight on IP) as I did back then. Three years later I started taking kung fu and lifting weights so I gained a lot of muscle in my legs and upper body and have pretty much stayed that way. Putting my rambling explanation aside, has anyone else felt like this?

Thanks
well we all have fears of some kind. I think it is a major break through that you discovered this one... perhaps you have been sabotaging yourself all along

I think this is HUGE... lost of women put on weight (myself included) as a defense mechanism...due to stress?.... What is it you are protecting yourself from? Once you discover the truth behind your fear you may be able to move past it and discover a whole new world of possibilities!

Change can be scary to all of us but it is so much fun! Learn to trust and allow CHANGE to come into your life and health! I promise you it will all be worth it
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:36 PM   #3  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
does anyone have an irrational fear of being thin or is it just me?
If you can locate a copy of Fat Is a Feminist Issue you might want to take a look at it.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 306/255/160

Height: 5'6"

Yes, I totally do! It took me a really long time to realize it, but yes I think that I've been scared of being thin all along. As much as my head tells me that I want it, I'm scared too since I've been fat my whole life. I've even started to think that maybe I had some traumatic experience that caused me to gain as a defense mechanism, but nothing I can remember. I do know that I've used my weight to push people away, especially men, as I've always recieved lot of male attention (mostly unwaranted) and it scared me too. Plus, if you've never been thin, it's a total fear of the unknown! And that is scary for everyone. It wasn't until recently that I decided that I realized how much I enjoy meeting the new, thin me, everyday. Mind over matter, hun!
swtbttrfly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
OK this may be a little weird, but does anyone have an irrational fear of being thin or is it just me? I've been fat my entire life...well, the thinnest I can remember being was 178 at 19 and I thought I was still a bit fat considering I wear the same size pants now (since I lost the weight on IP) as I did back then. Three years later I started taking kung fu and lifting weights so I gained a lot of muscle in my legs and upper body and have pretty much stayed that way. Putting my rambling explanation aside, has anyone else felt like this?

Thanks
Dr Tran Tien Chanh says "every pound has a story" As we lose this weight, we start uncovering the story. It is a wonderful thing as it opens us up to facing our fears and resolving them so, if we gained weight out of an emotional or defensive place, MAYBE we can be conscious enough next time it presents to act differently.

I think for me it was safe to be fat. I always had an excuse for not doing, not getting, not being, not having. I protected myself in other ways too.

Yes, becoming somebody "new" (losing 120 pounds is like letting go of a body) is scary. I don't know how that person is going to be treated. I don't even recognize that "me" in the mirror most days.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:00 PM   #6  

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your help. It's nice to know that someone else feels the same as I do and it's also an amazing feeling not to comfort myself with a mouthful of candy, ice cream, donut because I'm stressed about feeling this way.
SiJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #7  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your help. It's nice to know that someone else feels the same as I do and it's also an amazing feeling not to comfort myself with a mouthful of candy, ice cream, donut because I'm stressed about feeling this way.
You are so not alone my friend.... you are just changing your story, change is scary but the rewards at the end are fantastic!!!!!
WannabeIP is offline   Reply With Quote