Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 07:14 AM   #1  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Weekend Chat - August 14 & 15

Here's the link back to the previous thread for reference. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-7th-13th.html .....Ruthxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Life After Phase one is a thread of information and light chat. Novak started this thread as a place for those in the phases after phase 1 (and I think 2) to ask questions, share support, and tips/ideas related to maintenance. Is that right Novak or, am I explaining wrong
You are (of course) correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMayde View Post
I feel like Alice...

Because I'm in Onederland

And in just 6 weeks, I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Happy Onderland, Taylor!! (wow, Carla, way to make us all look bad... LOL jkjk!)
No kidding! Hard to match Carla's flair, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothgirl View Post
I have been very dizzy for about a month now, I've seen the doc but he wasn't sure what was going on. Every night when I lay down or turn over...whirrrlll goes the room.
If the room spins when you roll over in bed (and you haven't been boozin'), it sounds like BENIGN PAROXYSMAL POSITIONAL VERTIGO (BPPV.) I have this on occasion, but when it first presented, nobody could figure it out. I went through a lot of unpleasant testing, and finally self-diagnosed and treated. Later, a neurologist (having ruled out other possibilities) confirmed my suspicions. The good news is that there is a very simple way to correct the condition when it occurs, called the Epley maneuver.

I had an episode at the office a few weeks ago, and went to the health unit to find a place to perform the maneuver. They insisted on giving me an EKG first, then the doctor was so interested in what I wanted to do, that he asked if he could watch. He actually timed the parts of the maneuver for me since my watch doesn't have a second hand. It's something that neurologists and some chiropractors are familiar with, but other practitioners, not so much.

Anyway, see if this sounds like what you have, and if you can't get relief from a doctor, try the home Epley. It is easy, non-invasive, and you really have nothing to lose. I can usually guess which side is the problem, but if I'm not sure, I do both sides. And if it's been bothering you for a month, be sure to do it for a week, as recommended.

http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com...bppv/bppv.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
Does it hurt to take a break and phase out for a month or two then get right back at it? I am really really tired. Finding motivation is hard and under a lot of stress right now. Has there been anyone who has maintained a month or two then got right back at it? Would this hurt anything? Smart choice or not so much? Advice needed please

Sheila
mommajen88 and others have done this with good success. We have discussed on the Life After Phase 1 thread, and you can learn about the transitional phases there, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
I had my surgery and I am still alive. I ended up with 4 large incisions in diff parts of my body so moving is a bit tricky. They had to remove the entire neuro stim and replace it BUT is seems to be working pretty good right now. I will be spending lots of time resting so prob will not post much.
Glad the surgery went well... we've all been thinking about you, and hope for your speedy recovery!
Old 08-14-2010, 07:39 AM   #2  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

I was at a funeral mass yesterday, went to Communion, and as I was walking back, I started freaking because I forgot all about the CARBS!!!

I don't think it'll kick me out of ketosis, right?
Old 08-14-2010, 08:10 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The tiny amount of carbs will probably leave you in ketosis.

By the way, I started up a new chat thread because the usual thread is way too long and very difficult to navigate as well as very intimidating for newbies. Let's try a weekend and then maybe a daily thread which should make things less confusing. This seems to work well in other large sub-Forums like South Beach.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post

By the way, I started up a new chat thread because the usual thread is way too long and very difficult to navigate as well as very intimidating for newbies. Let's try a weekend and then maybe a daily thread which should make things less confusing. This seems to work well in other large sub-Forums like South Beach.

FABULOUS idea!!

amylew

i think you'll be just fine

Last edited by mamaerinb; 08-14-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #5  

Declaring post reply bankruptcy on posts in earlier chat thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
I was at a funeral mass yesterday, went to Communion, and as I was walking back, I started freaking because I forgot all about the CARBS!!! I don't think it'll kick me out of ketosis, right?
Just checked for nutrition facts on communion wafers. Here's what I found: 6 calories, virtually no carbs, very small amount of fat 0.5 g. You'll be fine.
Recipe: http://www.livestrong.com/thedailypl...mmunion-bread/
Commercial product: http://www.fitbit.com/foods/CommunionWafer/17181
An aside: Low fat dieters are buying these and eating them as snacks!! Google it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
I had my surgery and I am still alive. I ended up with 4 large incisions in diff parts of my body so moving is a bit tricky. They had to remove the entire neuro stim and replace it BUT is seems to be working pretty good right now. I will be spending lots of time resting so prob will not post much.
Glad you're through the most critical part of the medical stuff. Now for the important part -- recovery. I hope that goes well and you recover completely AND quickly and that you're back on the bike before long.

Totally forgot to post my WI results, down another 3.3 even with coloring outside the IP lines. I've never gone over 950 calories/day, my daily protein intake ranges between 95 and 110 grams. Sometimes I wonder "What would my results be if I followed it exactly?" Then I remember, without adding extra packet(s), an egg, or teaspoon of olive oil, I may have been starving, weak and miserable and might have quit.So what I'm doing is working for me.

After reading posts on vegetables in the newbies/faq threads, this week I'm going to focus on getting both the 2 cups of veggies plus unlimited lettuce at both lunch and dinner. I haven't done this so far and I'm interested to see the impact both on my pound/inch changes and my hunger.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-14-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Height: 5'6"

Had my week two weigh in yesterday and I lost 2 lbs. I know I should be glad I lost, but really, I was hoping for more. I haven't cheated, I measured everything this week .. and only 2. On the flip side, my clothes are fitting better and I feel like I have more energy.

I am wondering if the Target Market Pantry drink mix (0 cals, 0 carbs, 0 fat) is part of the problem? Also, this week I used the chocolate drink packet, which I understand has higher carbs.

I guess I really shouldn't over think this and stop whining .... thanks for letting me vent.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 161.2 / 126/ 125

Height: 5' 3"

Default Communion

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
I was at a funeral mass yesterday, went to Communion, and as I was walking back, I started freaking because I forgot all about the CARBS!!!

I don't think it'll kick me out of ketosis, right?
Communion Sunday is my favorite Sunday of the month (I am Methodist and we do communion the first Sunday of each month). It is a very special sacrament for me, so I determined in the beginning that I would not forgo that. I just ask God to bless it for me because He knows my heart. It hasn't hurt me yet.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/261/175

Height: 5'8"

Hello. I am new here. I am in my second week on the IP program. So much info here. Thanks in advance for the support that I will get from reading this forum.

I have a few concerns. I lost 9 lbs my first week, but was told it was only 1lb of fat, the rest being lean body mass. And hardly any inches lost. Did I exercise too much? Only two sessions of cardio, about 35 min each? They said to wait and see how I do this week and didn't really offer much explanation except maybe the exercise worked against me.
This week I am not going to exercise at all to see what happens. I am kinda disturbed, if I am doing something wrong. I am following the eating plan closely.
Any thoughts? Thanks.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:10 AM   #9  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpraise View Post
Hello. I am new here. I am in my second week on the IP program. So much info here. Thanks in advance for the support that I will get from reading this forum.

I have a few concerns. I lost 9 lbs my first week, but was told it was only 1lb of fat, the rest being lean body mass. And hardly any inches lost. Did I exercise too much? Only two sessions of cardio, about 35 min each? They said to wait and see how I do this week and didn't really offer much explanation except maybe the exercise worked against me.
This week I am not going to exercise at all to see what happens. I am kinda disturbed, if I am doing something wrong. I am following the eating plan closely.
Any thoughts? Thanks.
a TON of info on exercise here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-exercise.html

I think you are just doing crazy cardio and no weights... keep your heart rate down when you exercise to lose more fat... read through that thread
Old 08-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/210/140

Height: 5'2"

Default ty

ty showgirl for all your suggestions. Many of the vegetables on the list I have never tried. I'm not very adventurous.

Jessica I survived day 4 without cheating. Even made brownies for my DH to take to a neighborhood BBQ which I stayed home from.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #11  

Default another dilemma

in my starter pack of IP product they gave me a sample of lots of different products. Problem is, my next visit is Tuesday am and I don't have enough product to get to there. They gave me too many restricted items which I'm not supposed to use first couple of weeks. Any suggestions as to what I could do. I think I'm off by 2 packets. I also start back with my trainer on Monday and he's already concerned about the IP plan and how it will affect my training. I had been coming home and mixing a protein shake and a fast acting carb to help recuperate. Any suggestions there?
Old 08-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #12  

Default pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
a TON of info on exercise here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-exercise.html

I think you are just doing crazy cardio and no weights... keep your heart rate down when you exercise to lose more fat... read through that thread
your photo galleries are great. You have some really nice ones from both amateur and pro. Plus you look awesome!
Old 08-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Taylormade!!! Congratulations making it into Onederland and welcome....feels fabulous doesn't it!!! Yahoo IP!!!
Old 08-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/165/150 (lost 30 on LC)

Height: Now starting IP at 165 5'3"

Default Cooking Class in Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
The tiny amount of carbs will probably leave you in ketosis.

Ruth, I see at the bottom of your post that you are doing a cooking class in Italy....I did a cooking course in Italy last year in Parma. Had the most amazing time. Where is yours going to be? We are going back to Italy in Sept.

Last edited by LindaCC; 08-14-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:48 AM   #15  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfuzzy View Post
your photo galleries are great. You have some really nice ones from both amateur and pro. Plus you look awesome!
awww thank you
Closed Thread