Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 01:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Default Weight Watchers info from folks who've been there..

Hi to one and all....Just looking into the general info...I would like to know if anyone here thinks it would be worth it to join WW just to get the WW package...then go off on my own and follow it...do my own weigh ins...etc...I find I get immense support here at 3FC and have already lost 2lbs in under 2 weeks. Just wondering if anyone has any opinions, suggestions, comments...Thanks again!

Hotsplashes
Old 10-11-2002, 04:40 PM   #2  

Hi Hotsplashes,

Congrats on your loss!

If it's just the WW materials you want, remember that it takes about 12 weeks of meetings to get them all, as they spread out the distribution. If you join the at home program, or go on eBay, that might be a cheaper way to get all the materials if you don't plan to go to meetings.

Personally, I found the meetings to be very important, even though I've found a LOT of support here too. Just being accountable for weighing in each week was very helpful, and I usually learned something new each week, often tips from other members. Of course, I had a LOT of weight to lose; I reached goal July of 2001 and have maintained since by going to a mtg (free) each month. (100 pounds lost, size 24 to 10).

Everyone is different, of course, so do what works best for you! Best of luck on your journey!
Regards,
Jan
Old 10-12-2002, 11:40 AM   #3  

Jan~ That's great! Your weight loss is wonderful.

Hotsplashes~ HEY!! I just wanted to say that I joined WW 7 weeks ago and I think it is really awesome. The meetings are really important for me because, I basically know most of the nutritional info they gave me, but I need the support. INt he 7 weeks I've been on WW I have lost 17 pounds. WW concentrates on Dietary fiber, Fat, and calories and is easy to follow, in my humble opinion.
Hope some of this info helps. :-)
Old 10-12-2002, 02:02 PM   #4  

Angry

Hotsplashes, I joined WW 3 weeks ago, and for me I need to go to the meetings. You have other people who are in the same boat as you are, and our leader gives us great tips, and you can get answers right away to any questions you may have, not to mention the great recipe ideas you can get. I did WW on the internet a year or so back, but I followed the plan very loosely. By going to the meetings I think twice before I cheat, as I have to face that scale weekly. I hope this helps you some.
Old 10-12-2002, 03:48 PM   #5  

I think I'm fairly unusual in that I didn't get much at all out of the meetings. Doing the program on my own, while using 3FC for support was the right combination for me.

I'm not sure exactly how they're handing out materials, but when I joined I got all I needed in just a couple of visits. If you go this route you might want to purchase additionally the food companion and the dining out companion, because they're nice supplements to the materials WW gives you upon joining.
Old 10-14-2002, 03:16 PM   #6  

I also got near nothing from the meetings, and I've joined about 20 times in my 44 years. The leaders in my town have left much to be desired! However, I do like the WW Online program, and it's much cheaper than attending meetings ($14.95 a month for the online program), and you have access to an online database for points, an online journal, and lots more.

If you are interested in getting the materials without going to meetings, check out eBay (http://www.ebay.com). They always have LOTS of WW stuff on auction.
Old 10-14-2002, 08:38 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

I got all of my stuff from eBay. Just make sure you get a deal that includes the Points Finder.

I got the Points Finder, Dining out Guide, Complete food guide, 12 week journal and a black bag to put it all in. It was all brand new.

Then I went to my search engine and found the recipe calculator for a 1-time fee.

Go to dwlz.com for the points at over 300 restaurants.
Good luck!
Jana
Old 10-15-2002, 03:04 AM   #8  

Jana~ Great site! Thanks for recommending that!
Old 10-15-2002, 12:47 PM   #9  

Height: 6'0"

I needed the meetings. It made me accountable. Also, I received so many tips from the leader and other members. Our group is like a big family!

Old 10-19-2002, 05:27 PM   #10  

Sometimes I learn as much from the other members as I do from the leader. I need the weekly meetings but I am not giving up 3FC. I get support here when I need it, not just once a week. DM
Closed Thread