100 lb. Club - Do you have plans for what your 'look' will be at goal?

Rosinante
07-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Now that I'm convinced I'm getting there, I'm starting to look at fashion mags and clothes catalogues with more interest.
By and large, I'm still wearing 'whatever will fit', although it fits better than it did. In a few more pounds, I'll need to get some more interim things, I guess.

but when I get to goal, what will my look be? I alternate in my imagination between neat and crisp and tailored, and floaty and bejewelled and outrageous.

What are others' plans?

caryesings
07-16-2010, 05:29 PM
This is so me right now! Experimenting with my transition clothes from the Goodwill, picking up books at the library on dressing, buying my first high heels in more than 25 years...

I've decided my new look will be subtly sexy. As large breasted girl (34GG) who developed very early I was always trying to not draw attention to my body. But now that I've fought so hard to get it back, I want to celebrate it at this stage of life.

dragonwoman64
07-16-2010, 05:34 PM
I alternate in my imagination between neat and crisp and tailored, and floaty and bejewelled and outrageous.

really cute Q, I love floaty bejewelled and outrageous. I'd love to have outfits from some of the small boutiques here in NYC area, something feminine, an interesting print, flowing and diaphanous... :D (with interesting jewelry!)

oh, and I want one of those little black dresses!!

Rhythm
07-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Plain Jane. That's what I'm going for. I'd love to wear jeans and a t-shirt all the time. And if my skin clears up, I think I'll let go of my makeup. Well, maybe I'll keep a little lip gloss and mascara. But that's it. I feel like if I represented myself that way now, as an overweight person, I'd look as if I've "let myself go".

Rosinante
07-16-2010, 06:40 PM
I did an ivillage quiz http://quiz.ivillage.co.uk/uk_beauty/tests/mystyle.html and it told me my style was 'romantic' - lacy and so on.

Could be true - I've been gradually making my bedroom linen and lace, it's supposed to look Scottish Edwardian severe, with sudden gushes of lace. Of course, then the dogs come and jump on it, so often the look is only in my head.

And just recently, I've begun making over my sitting room into a Victorian-ish style - opulent and tactile.

Maybe severe with a hint of lace and opulent tactility is my style for the future!

ubergirl
07-16-2010, 06:59 PM
I wonder this a lot myself....

Now, I feel myself craving sexy jeans with high heels, but a lot of the time I feel kind of confused and lost....

I used to be able to look through catalogs and see the exact outfits that would work with my body type, but now, I leaf through and I have absolutely NO IDEA.

I haven't looked at normal sized clothes in so many years. All the models look so thin and young, and while I know what looked passable on my fat body, I really have no idea what to put on my slim body. It's a puzzle.

What I do know is that I really want to move away from the boxy jeans, shapeless tees and tennies that I think of as "the mom look..."

time2lose
07-16-2010, 09:22 PM
It is hard to know because I can't imagine what I will look like. I have always liked the neat and crisp and tailored look so that is probably the look that I will go for. But who knows, maybe my inner sexy will come out. ;)

SarahD140
07-16-2010, 09:29 PM
I think about this as well!!!! I am totally not sure... but I have a long way to go.

Shmead
07-16-2010, 09:38 PM
I think several things will stay the same: sensible flat shoes, black/dark gray bottoms, solid color tops, mostly in deep colors--especially blues, reds, and purples. Jackets. Where I see change is a general trend towards a more tailored, fitted look and maybe--maybe--some of those bottoms will be skirts. I'd like to own some boatneck shirts that emphasize my collarbones.

Occasionally I daydream about those styles I've always thought you really have to be THIN to pull off--not just normal--like broomstick skirts with long sweaters and low slung belts, or peasant blouses with lots of ruffles, or tops with surplice necklines. It's hard for me to imagine being able to wear stuff like that.

VickieLou
07-16-2010, 09:53 PM
I don't want to wear jeans with elastic waist lines. I have a few pair of jeans that don't have elastic waist lines. I would like to wear more fashionable style jeans.

I don't want to wear polyester pants. I still have a few pair of pants. Pants in any material but polyester.

I don't wear skirts or dresses. Except, last May I wore a size 16 dress to a wedding. But since then I have put back on around 29 LBS. I would like to wear some pretty skirts and dresses.

ShellydeFlores
07-17-2010, 12:05 AM
I have thought about my style a lot. I think I will probably very briefly go back to my old look which was long blonde hair, long black fitted long sleeve tshirts and tight jeans with flip flops and sunglasses. I always had a bit of a Famous (the brand) look. I loved it then but...that was highschool too. It was also simple though. Everything matched. This is what I still see myself in even as I picture myself in my head now.

As I have grown older and have matured out of my teens- I like the flowy, colorful, classic look. I want to be able to wear a Maxi dress. I have a friend that is just so natural and beautiful that the flowy jewel colors and styles just look amazing on her. I would like to see what that feels like.

I believe that I will naturally over time flow into the style that suits me best because when I'm at my goal weight I won't need to force myself in to ugly clothes just because they fit!

Paramedic
07-17-2010, 12:29 AM
Hope ya'll don't mind me posting here. :)

For the longest time, I always just stuck with baggy clothes, but now that I'm feeling a lot better about myself and I'm losing some weight, I'm trying to get into the Bohemian look. A lot of flowy fabrics, browns, greens, blues, ect. I'm a bit of a hippy in fashion, I suppose. :P

It's amazing how clothes can make you feel better about yourself. I feel so much better about myself now that I'm wearing nice clothes, rather than when I was skinny and wearing baggy tom-boy clothes. I still wear some tom-boy clothes, because they're just so damn comfortable, but it's nice to wear something different, too.

Latchkey Princess
07-17-2010, 03:37 AM
I'm thinking my style will be be sexy soccer mom. Mature and sensible and elegant, but with a hint of (tasteful) sexiness. Like a simple jeans and shirt outfit, but with some killer platform heels! Or a skirt and blouse, but with fishnets instead of stockings. So I can go out to my kids functions and look appropriate, but still turn heads. ;)

Eliana
07-17-2010, 08:43 AM
Plain Jane. That's what I'm going for. I'd love to wear jeans and a t-shirt all the time. And if my skin clears up, I think I'll let go of my makeup. Well, maybe I'll keep a little lip gloss and mascara. But that's it. I feel like if I represented myself that way now, as an overweight person, I'd look as if I've "let myself go".

Me too!! Except I still have always dressed this way. :o And I do look as though I've let myself go. I'm a very natural girl...no makeup, nothing fancy, no jewelry (though I'm no opposed to it).

But there's a part of me that wants to experiment with sophisticated too.

Why choose? We can have it all! :D An outfit for all moods.

JessLess
07-17-2010, 09:27 AM
I'll dress a lot the same, I wear a lot of black with shorter, colored/patterned skirts and black tights, but I will wear dozens of sleeveless shirts! I might also cut my hair shorter.

Glory87
07-17-2010, 11:14 AM
When I was losing weight, I desperately wanted to wear a button down shirt (tucked in!) with a cardigan. I wasn't really able to wear buttoned down shirt when I was heavy, the buttons always pulled across the boobs and I was constantly futzing with it. I also NEVER tucked in shirts, they had to be tunic-length to hide my stomach and hips.

I still do a lot of sweaters, but I mainly pair them with camisoles now. I have a couple of button down shirts and buttoning them smoothly over my chest is still a little thrilling.

I work in a business-casual environment (think slightly dressier than dockers and such). In the summer, I wear a lot of capris and skirts - I have lovely calves and ankles. I am also a fan of the shirtwaist dress. In the winter, I have lots of dressy slacks I like to wear with sweaters.

TXMary2
07-17-2010, 11:27 AM
When I was thinner I loved my legs. I plan on wearing a lot of cute heeled shoes with skinny jeans and skirts. As a SAHM I am pretty casual most of the time, but since I won't be weighed down with excess fat I plan on wearing jewelry again. Oh, and I have somepencil skirts in my closet that I can't wait to wear again!

My clothing tastes range from Newport News catalogs to Dress Barn, to Liz Claiborne. All I know is I can't wait to shop!

AZ Sunrises
08-22-2010, 09:21 PM
I love clothes from Igigi, and their smallest size is 12W, so I should be able to shop there. :D I know I'm a weirdo for wanting to keep shopping in a fat girl's store but theirs are so pretty I don't want to give them up completely.

StarvingPoet
08-22-2010, 09:29 PM
I want my look to be stylish and sexy. Being an author, it's kind of impossible to stay hidden from the public, and right now I HATE having to attend conferences and things like that because of my size. (Especially when I'm in a room full of other authors who are thin and look SO classy). When I reach my goal weight, I am definitely going on a huge shopping spree. I plan on taking my sister-in-law with me because she is really big on fashion. I don't remember the last time I shopped in a normal sized clothing store. (Sad, I know). I can't wait to the day when I can wear sexy dresses, skirts, blouses ... oh, and high heels. I have really missed wearing sexy shoes.

rachael
08-22-2010, 09:30 PM
I am pretty much like this now, but i am kind of a mix of classic/preppie mixed with 1950s housewife. I love a line dresses, crisp looking stuff, and things that are really accentuated by minimal unique accessories.

saram
08-22-2010, 09:52 PM
I want to go sleeveless!!! When I get my arms in shape I will do that as much as possible - halters, strapless, tanks...you name it! I also want to get that sexy, little black dress!

cfmama
08-22-2010, 11:42 PM
I am very eclectic NOW after having lost 175 lbs and I don't envision that will change... I go from bootcut tight jeans and tight t-shirts to frilly corset tops and flowing skirts to silky tailored blouses and a-line tailed skirts... it changes with my moods.

Sometimes I look young and hip. Sometimes it's casual but cute. Sometimes it's more comfy spice looking. Sometimes it's all out sexy. I have all sorts of different clothes for my moods.

I am a dichotomy. lol!

tryn2bfit
08-23-2010, 12:08 AM
I love to dress up so I am sure it will stay the same but just smaller sizes :) But I cannot wait to go out and buy some sexy jeans and new heels. I have been waiting till I reach goal to sink some money into some expensive jeans just because :)
I also plan to get a make over with my hair too. undecided on what I wanna do yet though!
I am already loving being able to shop in normal places lol so I cannot wait to keep losing

mandalinn82
08-23-2010, 12:19 AM
I, strangely, have become a girl who loves dresses. It was very unexpected.

The thing I always wanted to do, but didn't because of the weight, was take my hair short. Finally, after 2.5 years at goal, I did it. And it's amazing!

Ciao
08-23-2010, 02:04 AM
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Photography/Divider-1-1.jpg

I love the 50's look and I'm determined
to have a completely 50's wardrobe
once I reach my goal. I hate jeans,
shorts, etc. I love wearing dresses.
Love, love, love.

Simple, elegant, to the point.

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Photography/11-1.jpg

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/JeMappelleSierra/Photography/Divider-1.jpg

Arctic Mama
08-23-2010, 02:52 AM
I love very classic, feminine clothing, with an eye on modesty and functionality. So for me, at goal my dream is a comfortable style with lots of skirts, tailored tops, displaying some of my knitted stuff... Right now I look too fat for most skirt, they make me look like a tent. So being able to wear them without them adding poundage to my frame is such a big dream for me.

ChubbyBun
08-23-2010, 04:39 AM
More dresses and skirts! My style will undoubtedly become more feminine. More frills, colors, and heals in my wardrobe. Right now I'm more of a jeans and t-shirt girl. But if I had my way, I would prefer wearing dresses more often than pants. I'm kind of an old fashioned girlie girl that way.

GirlyGirlSebas
08-23-2010, 11:10 AM
I want to look classic with a touch of naughty librarian. ;) Seriously, I want classic pieces like skirts,slacks, blazers... that I can spice up with accessories or lovely shoes...like those made by Carlos Santana!

summershine
08-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Anything I damn want! :D

but into specifics, shortshorts, singlet tops and floaty dresses.

RobinD
08-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Oh, my - when I was thin in the past (10 years ago) I wore all different styles to suit my moods - except dainty ruffles. I am not 'dainty' girl. I like COLOR - my coloring is titian hair, pale skin and blue eyes, so I look best in Autumn colors - the rich ones like the best of the Fall leaves. I make jewelry, so that's a given... and high heels, yay! I just peeked at the Carlos Santana shoes I've seen some of you rave about and OH... MY... GAWD... I am experiencing ravening slobbering lust! Screw cookies - I want those shoes!!!!!

My favorite pair of fat pants are jeans with large white floral embroidery all down the outside seam. Very extroverted jeans, I've only worn them a few times to art/craft shows and they are already too big. When I hit goal I am going to take them to a tailor and have them remade. And wear them with really high-heeled boots!

But my main goal is to get back into the stunning gold wedding dress I wore 10 years ago (gold brocade with leaves). Simple, tailored top, very full skirt... and we're going to take Ballroom Dancing lessons. :-)

DaughterOfVenus
08-23-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm going to wear trendy, hipster type clothing that's young and fashionable. I plan to chop my hair WAY off, I'm talking Audrey Hepburn short, and I may even dye it darker. I want a Monroe piercing (that's actually a planned reward for fifty pounds lost) All the types of fashion that I've always dreamed of, but avoided because I was trying not to get too much attention.

That said, I also love eyelet lace, dresses, comfy stuff, classic things, jeans and button downs. I'll wear that too since I'm very eclectic, but the really trendy "look at me" stuff is what I really can't wait for!

caryesings
08-23-2010, 06:15 PM
This is so me right now! Experimenting with my transition clothes from the Goodwill, picking up books at the library on dressing, buying my first high heels in more than 25 years...

I've decided my new look will be subtly sexy. As large breasted girl (34GG) who developed very early I was always trying to not draw attention to my body. But now that I've fought so hard to get it back, I want to celebrate it at this stage of life.

I'm glad someone bumped this topic back up. I've only lost one lb. this month but things have tightened up enough that I've been rolling out my sexier look. The funny thing is I have to practice wearing the new outfits before going all out. For example, I bought myself a black pencil skirt in above knee length that I planned on wearing with high heels and a sleeveless pink shell. First practiced walking in heels for a week at my house (I live alone). Then wearing the skirt, hose and shoes at home. Wore the shell out to a coffee date with jeans. Finally put the outfit together and wore to dinner with a girlfriend but wore a cardigan the entire time. Just couldn't show leg and bare arms at same time. Finally wore the entire outfit with no extra layer for a Saturday night date. Because I had practiced, I was able to wear it all with confidence, which I needed for 3rd date with new fella.

I'm so glad I have you all to confess this behaviour to and for the folks who told me it was ok to wear skirt above the knee despite my age if I had the legs for it.

DaughterOfVenus
08-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Wow, Cary, that sounds sexy!!! I bet you rocked it!

I would LOVE to wear a pencil skirt... I don't know if I ever will, I'm pretty bottom heavy even when I'm thin.... I don't know if that's a good look for my body shape.

Rosinante
08-23-2010, 06:35 PM
carye - sounds fantastic! I so want to get into heels - all I need is to lose another few pounds or 20, and get a steroid injection in my neuroma, and I'm there :):):)

LiliK
08-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Am I the only one who wants to rock a dangerous look? LOL I want to wear slim, black jeans and a tight T-shirt (with no back fat, thank you very much!!) and a wicked great black leather jacket and some BOOTS that make me feel fabulous!!! Okay, maybe I don't really want to wear this, but I want to be ABLE to wear this if I wanted to. In my dreams, I'm a kick-butt chick who just handles herself and every situation with style and is in great physical shape. :) So, my inspiration book has a pic of a girl who is dressed in this black motorcycle jacket and fabulous boots--I want to be able to externalize that vibe, but I guess part of that is I have to earn that vibe. I'm getting my bad self ready for those bad clothes. (and I'm sitting here, all polite and "nice teacher" looking, laughing my fanny off while I type this)

C'mon, chicks, let's rock it!!!!

TJFitnessDiva
08-23-2010, 06:55 PM
I have lots of clothes now & they fit who I want to be at the moment...it's always changing! Sassy, fun, flirty, glam, rocker, earthy, athletic, sophisticated...you name it. I don't lump myself into one group :D

@Lilik, I'm from New Orleans! (live about 30-40 mins away now) Good to see a person in my area on here lol

PaulaM
08-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Hmm, I guess I'm different. I plan to wear exactly what I wear now, only in smaller sizes! I live in CA, it's very casual here. I wear yoga or fitness pants and t-shirts, fitted. I've always had a waist at least 17 inches smaller than my hips, so I never liked the baggy stuff. I am way past wanting to wear high heels except for a wedding or something LOL. I guess the only change is one I've already started, I've been lifting weights since last November so my arms look so much better, I put on sleeveless for the first time in decades and was amazed it wasn't too jiggly. Build up those triceps ladies, it makes the world of difference.

DaughterOfVenus
08-23-2010, 10:10 PM
Oh I DEFINITELY plan to rock a dangerous look! That's part of the "fashionable, look-at-me" look I'm planning to rock. Kid boots and short skirts and leather jacket, hells to the yeah. I already have the jacket. I just need the legs for the short skirt. *snicker*

swtbttrfly23
08-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Why stick with only one look? I buy anything that I think is interesting or fun or cute, I don't really stick with just one look or idea, and it's more interesting. You could try on any look you want a la Madonna!

Rosinante
08-24-2010, 04:01 AM
I think I'm going to need help in deciding what to wear, what shapes anyway.
Because I've been fat for 95% of my life, most of my clothes are just covers: sometimes quite pretty or attractive, sometimes in smaller sizes but really, just covers.

I'm quite short (5'2"), which means that although I can generally buy short trousers OK, it's hard to get a skirt to sit in the right place, and tops are always very long on me: I bought some 'petite' range ones when I got down to 136 but I spent the whole time trying to hault them down, the right place felt wrong.

Because being fat has often meant feeling invisible, I've treated clothes kind of the same way. I read on 3fc about chickies at whatever size and weight buying sassy or smart or sexy clothes, and I realized that there's another part of my headstuff still to sort out.

I've promised myself a Colour Me Beautiful session after Christmas, and the consultant I've picked does style advice as well as colour ~ could be exciting!

mariamherrera
08-24-2010, 04:48 AM
I've always been really trendy and fashion forward so my look wont change much but I'm gonna have a ton more options! I'm always dressed like I could go to the club, :) I just cant wait to be able to walk into any store I want and not be restricted too torrid, lane bryant, fashion bug and Ross ~

LiliK
08-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Hey Tanee: I actually live in Covington, so right down Hwy 22 from you. :) You have done a fantastic job with your weight loss!! I'm so inspired!!

lovemyboy
08-24-2010, 07:52 PM
I hate to plan a look in case I change in a way that the look will be unflattering. I don't know what my final shape will be. I'm only halfway there and the types of clothes and even hairdos that are flattering are so different. I'm totally lost when it comes to buying clothes and I'm not sure what to do with my hair. I do however plan on being able to fit in anything in any "regular" store I want.