General Diet Plans and Questions - I have heard a lot about....

View Full Version : I have heard a lot about....

SarahD140
07-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Green Tea. Now, let me be clear, I KNOW that this is not a sole source of weight loss when it is talked about. BUT I was wondering if anyone has used or enjoys green tea as a weight loss helper. There is tons of info online, and some people swear by it. I would also like to point out that I am aware of its other health benefits and that adding sugar or fruit or anything els will change caloric or carb content. :dizzy:

ryzmom
07-11-2010, 05:25 PM
I've been drinking between 20-32 oz green tea every day, I find it helps to curb my appetite. I use the Lipton Green Tea with Ginseng tea bags. I use 1 bag for every 8-10oz. water. I add splash lime or lemon juice, it's very refreshing.

caryesings
07-11-2010, 06:10 PM
I have been drinking at least a quart of unsweetened green tea a day for more than 10 years just because I like the taste of it. And for 9 of those 10 years I weighed 265 so my personal experience would be if there is a benefit, pretty neglible.

charmtime
07-11-2010, 06:56 PM
I actually boil my green tea bags with a couple of white tea bags. I really like the taste. I do not add any sugar or anything. I think the green tea alone is a little bitter. I drink the white tea because I read it helps with wrinkles....not sure if it is working yet:)

Wild Vulpix
07-11-2010, 07:43 PM
One cup of green tea helps you burn an extra 20 calories. If you drank 5 cups a day, in theory, you'd burn an extra 0.2lbs a week...

I like green tea, but as far as using it to aid with weight loss... it hardly puts a dent in the process. If you're only drinking it to help you lose weight, it's not quite... worth it. You have to drink a LOT for it to help in any significant way, and a cup here or there just isn't going to do it. And sure, you could say 0.2lbs a week adds up (0.8 a month!) but... that's a LOT of tea!!!

Again, if you like it, drink it! Nothing wrong with it! But I don't like how it's connected to weight loss when, in reality, it has such a small impact...

SarahD140
07-11-2010, 10:56 PM
Thank you for all the input. :) I especially like the facts, facts help sooo much.

glassbutterfly
07-16-2010, 08:24 PM
I drink green and white tea all the time. As a matter of fact, I'm an herbal tea fanatic. I add no sweetener. If I want a change in the green tea I add a piece of fresh ginger. As far as the diet aspect, I drink it to help me get my daily water in. Drinking cold water all the time upsets my stomach. As far as weight loss, I think it's mostly water weight. As the rule goes, water in, water out.