Old 06-25-2010, 06:38 PM   #1  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Haircut Advice!!! HELP PLEASE!!!

SO, I have an appointment for a haircut tomorrow, and I am SERIOUSLY considering a pixie cut.

I have never had hair above my chin before in my life...but a pixie cut is something that I always wanted to try. I never knew how to style my hair when I was this size before, so I didn't do it then. Once I learned how to style my hair I was 250 lbs and scared that a super short haircut would make me look HUGE, so I never did it...

but today, something happened. I looked in the mirror and I saw my collarbones. I saw arms that weren't gigantic (although they are still pretty big, and flabby...lol). I did not see a double chin, and I saw a jaw and even a hint of cheekbones. I looked at myself and I thought "hey, I look pretty good!"

I have NEVER felt that before.

I'm just so scared that a pixie cut will make me look like a boy. I do NOT want to look manly at ALL....and I don't want to feel like I have to wear makeup every day just to prove that I'm a woman.

I've never seen a pixie cut on an overweight person before (I am still 38 lbs away from goal, and 28 pounds overweight)....so I don't know how it would look. I think I have a good face, I think I am pretty...but I still don't know.

These are the cuts I was thinking about (or a mixture of them depending on what my stylist says)

and this is my face with my hair pulled back....

and yes, I was wearing a shirt. It was strapless...lol.

Anyways, what do you think? I love the super short pixie (example 4) but idk if I could pull it off. and please, HONEST opinions. I really want to know what people think so I can know if this is really a terrible idea. lol
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

You have the eyes and eyebrows to totally pull it off!!! And I have to ask, do you do your own brows? They are beautifully shaped.

Also, I don't think pulling your hair back like that will give you a good idea of the cut because your hair really is resting on your face- especially above your eyebrows, but I think it's such a hot look. I really like the middle picture (sunglasses and scarf).
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SEE TICKER

Height: 5'4"

I absolutely think you should do it! But personally, I like the longer bangs.

I remember when I finally cut my hair shorter after losing a bunch of weight, I was surprised to see how much thinner my face looked! But, alas, I let my hair grow out!
HoneyMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #4  
on the way to skinny

junebug, I get my eyebrows threaded every 3 or 4 months to keep up the shape, and then pluck them in between that as needed.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyandhomebound View Post
I absolutely think you should do it! But personally, I like the longer bangs.

I remember when I finally cut my hair shorter after losing a bunch of weight, I was surprised to see how much thinner my face looked! But, alas, I let my hair grow out!
Me too. The super short bangs don't work on a lot of people and I think with your eyes longer bangs would be very nice.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/257/165

Height: 5' 8"

Well, you're certainly beautiful and could easily carry off any of those cuts.

Go for it! (o:
MissNibs.
MissNibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #7  
on the way to skinny

Well, I was really curious so I took that same picture of my face and uploaded it into one of those online photo editor/makeover things...and this is what I got.

Obviously the hair looks really fake....but it gives me an idea, and I think I like it and I should just go for it. Thank you ladies for your opinions and your compliments! =D
Old 06-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: ---/---/120

Height: 5'2

I agree with getting the longer bangs.
JustImagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #9  
Getting healthy!

Height: 5'7"

I think it shows a lot of self confidence for someone to have short hair like that. As much as I love the hair cut, I could never pull it off, myself.

You, however, have the PERFECT face for it! That sort of heart shaped look that just goes so well with short hair. I say go for it (even though you already know you're going to, due to the post above me :P ).

Be sure to post some pics! I'm really curious to see how it turns out in the end.
Paramedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #10  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

It looks good! I would go for a *slightly* longer version that is more "messy" and less formed. It would totally rock!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #11  
on the way to skinny

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to post pictures tomorrow night =D
Old 06-25-2010, 09:05 PM   #12  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Okay, I shouldn't be here in your forum, because I'm not 20! But yes, you should go for it. My hairdresser told me that the trick to carrying it off well is also due to the jawline & the chin. If you carry a lot of weight in the lower part of your face, it doesn't look as good. (And you don't, so you'll be fine.) Also, no, you will NOT look like a boy. Makeup or not. You will look sleek, streamlined & elegant.

But there's another great thing about a really short cut: You are going to love wearing big & long earrings with it. Get ready for a really fun earring-trying session someplace & buy yourself a new pair to show off.

And it's going to be much cooler in the summer for you. It's a relief to me, personally, after a sweaty session in the gym, to have all my hair off my face, particularly off my neck.

Last edited by saef; 06-25-2010 at 09:06 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:08 PM   #13  

Height: 5'11"

I'm an old gal sneaking into the forum, and I agree--you should totally go for it. I think you would look adorable. I really like the top style because it's kinda wispy or something, but any of them would look really cute. I do think that you could absolutely pull off the shorter bangs, because you've got such pretty eyes.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #14  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

You guys are making me jealous, now I want short hair! But it won't work with my hair, it's far too curly. Cut it short and I look like a deranged Shirley Temple.

PS: I think it will look great! I can't wait to see your photos tomorrow

Last edited by StephanieM; 06-25-2010 at 10:09 PM.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I love them. I cut mine once a long time ago about like the 2nd girl you showed. My problem was just that it actually needed more time styling it to look good than my long hair did. And makeup was more important, which again I just don't have lots of patience for that stuff.

It was funny, the guy couldn't believe I really wanted to go from long to short all at once. I had to insist, yeah, really, I'll be fine. It grows back.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote