Old 06-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/266/130

Height: 5'4"

Default TOM weight gain

I know this topic has probably been talked about a zillion times, but I can’t find any newer threads about it. How much water weight do you all gain before or during your TOM and when do you notice the gain (before or during?) ? When do you notice that the extra weight comes off? I am about 3-5 days out and I think I’ve probably put on at least 3lbs and am hoping it's water retention/bloating!
shoes27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Well, I usually don't notice the big bloat until I actually start. It seems to last at least 3 days, or until the worst of the bleeding is over with. I would say I seem to hold about 5 pounds for those few days, so I don't DARE step onto a scale during that time.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

I just went thru this last week. And here is my experience from last week.

Fri/Sat the week prior to starting, I was down to 147 and had been at that weight for a few days. Sat/Sun I tried to behave but splurged on dessert Sat night, otherwise my calories were in check. But the splurge was a sugar splurge which caused water retention. On Monday morning I was 151lbs. Mon/Tue I ate well, and only got down to 150. (usually I can lose the weekend water weight by my Tues weigh in) I stayed at 150 all week long dispite eating well, watching calories (but not counting), monitoring salt and sugar intake, taking in plenty of fiber and water.

Friday my energy was drained and I felt like crap. It was all I could do to stay away from the junk food. Saturday AM I started and I went up to 152.
Sun/Mon weight was 152. Yesterday was 151. Today, 147. I'm back to where I was 1 week before TOM.

Generally I've noticed a 3 to 5lb change in the scale and it starts a few days before TOM and lasts for a couple days after I start.

Even the past when I've lost weight, the week leading up to and including TOM I do not lose weight. I have 3 weeks out of the month where i can be successful when I work at it.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198.4/145/145

Height: 5'5

I've noticed a change in my TOM weight gain. At first I didn't gain anything, I just didn't lose anything the week of TOM. Last month, though, I gained a pound the day it started. Then another a couple of days later. Those two pounds didn't leave until the day after TOM ended.
pink sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/161/132

Height: 5'3

very similar to me. i gain about 3 pounds and lose them immediately once it is over. now that i am borderline normal weight i gain less (I used to gain at least 5 before).
dani13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

maybe my question doesn't fit here but still... during my weight loss period I gained few pounds of and on,i lost 2 pounds and gained 0,5 pound back and now I've been reading these posts about water gaining. I gained pounds back because I was binge eating, I had some problems and was stressed and just couldn't stop eating. so i usually ate big box of butter cookies, nuts, chocolate and when i went to the pharmacy to weight I always had 0,5-1,5 kg more than before even though if i didn't eat that much in one time. so is it possible to gain one kg in one day, for example 400 g cookies, or is it also the water? hope you understood what I'm trying to tell.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Missunshine - if you are binge eating then its likely a combination of water retention and fat gaining that causes the scale to go up that high.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #8  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I usually gain about 2 pounds the day I get my period and then lose a total of 4 by the time my period is over. (I don't know if I lost more than I gained when i wasn't losing weight since I wasn't weighing then, but this is how it works now...)
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote