Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/221/140

Height: 5 9

Default New:)

I am new to the forum, and peeking in to see if I like what I see here. I was referred by SpookyXXL, so thank you girlie!

My name is Angela, and I live in Florida. If anyone lives in Florida I would love some new friends. I left all of mine in Hawaii, and am missing real human contact lol. I had my RNY 5/3/2010 and have lost a total of 35 pounds so far. I am doing great, and believe it was the best decision I have made for myself since I decided to go back to school

I am allergic to protein, so I have to get all my protein in by form of food. I drink a lot of milk, eat a lot of cheese, refried beans, chili, and chicken. I think I lack on water because I am constantly making sure I am getting enough protein in.

I love chatting online, so if anyone is bored just let me know!!!

PS- Yes I miss Hawaii so much!
mrsjohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:37 PM   #2  
I got my DS done 4-26-10

S/C/G: 463.1/273/170

Height: 5' 5 1/2

SOOOOOO glad you made it, like I said on Twitter this is a very very drama lite zone, only drama here is peoples personal drama that they are asking for help for and we give what advice and support we can.
Love talking to you on twitter!
SpookyXXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #3  
Amazing will be me

Hey welcome to 3fc...........and congrats on losing 35lbs thats ALOT.

I like it here and it gives me motivation fomr another perspective , sometimes advice and support from those around you just isnt enough of a push ( if it was id be skinny years ago ) lol but i find loggin in and being able to get advice from people who have been there and done that very helpful and its "real information" i rekon this site needs ppl like you as youve been there and are where alot of us are trying to get to GL xx

Last edited by lucky8; 06-18-2010 at 07:44 PM.
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

Welcome aboard, mrsJ!!!! and how did you end up in Florida after living in PARADISE????? and is that a red streak in your hair? it looks GREAT [i have a tendency to go dark purple/plum].

Spooky's right - we are definitely drama light around here. sounds like you're doing great - even though you're allergic to the protein powders. is the problem worse with the soy or the whey? i don't know of a pure amino acid protein that's not based on one of these, but maybe there is something out there.

great to meet you!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:46 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome, and congrats on your surgery!

When you say you are allergic to protein, that's clearly not the case since you eat protein in food. So, have you tried different types of protein? I assume you get some sort of reaction from whey protein (what exactly happens? could it be a lactose issue? or an artificial sweetener issue?), but have you tried, say, soy protein? egg white protein? a combination of whey and casein protein? At this point, how much protein are you able to get in daily from food?
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 395/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Welcome to the group! Congrats on your surgery! This is a GREAT group for motivation and support!
basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

and Congrats
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote