Old 06-17-2010, 10:39 AM   #1  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Talking I guess I should make an introduction too!

Hi everyone! I'm Katie. I posted in the 'new' thread on the main board, but I'm a 20-something and find myself not really leaving here.

I'm 28 and I've been married for almost 2 years. I live in Akron, Ohio. I LOVE my car, sorry in advance. I love stars, as in the shape, and have lots of tattoos to prove it. I have 2 cats, and my husband has a dog, a dog I loathe. I have a good job working at a utility company, and I love it.

When I last weighed myself I weighed 248, (that was about 2 weeks ago!) but I believe I've lost some because since I've been working out a lot and doing C25K, I've noticed some changes. I'm getting a scale this weekend, so I'll know soon enough!

I've been heavy since I was 10 or 11, not too big but above average. Once my mom passed away (4 years ago today, actually) I gained about 70lbs. And it's time to take it off!

I lost a little weight right before my wedding, which was great, but it came back with the 'newlywed' weight. Sigh.

I'm so glad I found this place. If I dont feel like working out, all I have to do it look at some of the posts here and realize that these other ladies can do it, and are doing it, and have done it! And I can do it too!

So here I am, to stay. I'd like to drop 20 or so lbs by 8/20 and be at my goal weight by Christmas. My birthday is 12/11, so I'd like to make THAT my goal, but... I dont know about being 175 by then! We shall see!

I want to thank everyone also for the support I've gotten since I found this place last Friday. Its SO great. Thanks!!!

-Katie
(I can't wait till I can have a ticker, too!)
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:42 AM   #2  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

!!!
Nice to meet you, Katie!
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #3  
is super awesome.

Hi! It's nice to meet you too!
Old 06-17-2010, 11:11 AM   #4  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Katie!

Ugh, I hate that restriction! Needing to have been here for so long, or having made a certain number of posts or whatever it is until you can have a ticker. Soon!

I hate my boyfriend's dog too. I love dogs... hate her. She's not trained at ALL, she's always ratty and messy, and since they never brushed her as a puppy, when they try to brush her now, she goes MENTAL, and growls and tries to bite whoever has the brush. She's also an excited pee-er. When she gets too worked up, she pees EVERYWHERE. And let's not forget that he hugs and cuddles that dog about 10 million times more than he hugs me. So wrong, lol.
That being said, my boyfriend's dog is back at his mom's house in Ireland, and he lives with me here in Canada now, so I don't have to actually LIVE with the damn thing, lol.

Those are some pretty great goals! Just my opinion tho: Don't necessarily set them hard and fast on specific days, just because... it would be horrible for you to lose 16 or 18 lbs by 8/20 and have the wonderfulness of that amazing loss diminished because it isn't "20 lbs by 8/20," you know? I vote... make loose goals as a starting point, but don't LIVE by the dates. I hate seeing people get disheartened and disregard their amazing losses because they haven't lost quite as much as they want to by a certain DATE. If you're doing the right things, the weight WILL come off, but everyones' bodies are different!

Also, I just moved in with my boyfriend, and my weight jumped up ten lbs in a matter of a few months, so I can only imagine the "newlywed" weight is a b!tch!

and hang around! The ladies here and wonderful support.

Last edited by Jelbb; 06-17-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:16 AM   #5  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Hi, Kate! I'm with you on the newlywed weight gain. What can I say? Being married is great

Welcome to 3FC!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #6  
is super awesome.

Thanks for the welcome!

My husbands dog is a beagle/jack russell mix. Thank goodness shes cute, because BOY is she hyper. And she does that beagle howl. It's not okay. And he hugs and kisses her ALL THE TIME and misses me, and then I'll call him on it and he's all 'but shes right here...' yeah, whatever.

And I'll make my goals. I'm not the type of person to beat myself up over 2lbs or whatever. I'm generally positive, annoyingly so. I'm sure I'll drop as much weight as I can and be happy with that, because its a journey I'm on until I reach my goal!! I've started to become addicted to working out. I figure that as long as my body feels good, why not? I generally get home from work and do my C25K and then I'll come home and make dinner. Then I'll do a p90x dvd and then hubby will get home and we will eat dinner. He then does his C25K while I stretch. There's showering in there too. Hahaha.

I love new me!!

Thanks for the warm welcomes!!!!
Old 06-17-2010, 01:10 PM   #7  
Newbie Nurse

S/C/G: 285/250/281

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Katie!
JMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #8  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0