Old 06-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

Default REALLY bad week

So, i'm having a horrible week on the diet. I need help, or motivation or something! Nothing tastes good at all, if i look at another piece of cucumber or broccoli or a salad i may vomit. Normally i'm really gung-ho IP and it's easy enough to follow. I just can't make my taste buds happy! Urgh. HELP!!!
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/180/154

Height: 5'5"

Had to laugh when I read your post. I felt the same way about salads and cucumbers. I went off IP for 3 months, and gained 14#...so I am back on it. Maybe that can be your motivation....I never got past Phase II....so you don't WANT to be like me...and start all over. Puddings and treats always gave me something to look forward to......

Since I haven't been on any of these forums since March....I am not sure of your journey....but it looks like you have done very well since April. I think you need to pat yourself on the back and move forward...and look at what you have accomplished.
torchlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by torchlaker View Post
Had to laugh when I read your post. I felt the same way about salads and cucumbers. I went off IP for 3 months, and gained 14#...so I am back on it. Maybe that can be your motivation....I never got past Phase II....so you don't WANT to be like me...and start all over. Puddings and treats always gave me something to look forward to......

Since I haven't been on any of these forums since March....I am not sure of your journey....but it looks like you have done very well since April. I think you need to pat yourself on the back and move forward...and look at what you have accomplished.
Thank you for your encouragement and advice! I know i'm doing well and have lost about one third of what i need to lose (which is encouragement in itself). And as my diet coach says "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". It has just been really tough these last few days. I work in an office setting and a ginormous chocolate cake was brought in Monday and then yesterday one of my coworkers was eating cheese pizza and i caught myself seriously thinking about snatching the slice out of her hands and devouring every last greasy bite. Then i realized how crazy that would be. I know i'll get through this. It's just right now i want to scream hysterically and then eat an entire pizza.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #4  

I have felt that way too. Maybe you have not been experimenting with fixing your vegetables a different way! Try a "stir fry" for lunch instead of cold cucumbers. Try a different salad--no lettuce, make it spinach!

Last but not least---clean out your closet! Find those older bigger clothes that don't fit anymore---and before you send them to the Goodwill, try it on and see the results you have made so far!!!!!!!!!! That always brings a smile to my face and I say, I can do this!!
Frannie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frannie57 View Post
I have felt that way too. Maybe you have not been experimenting with fixing your vegetables a different way! Try a "stir fry" for lunch instead of cold cucumbers. Try a different salad--no lettuce, make it spinach!

Last but not least---clean out your closet! Find those older bigger clothes that don't fit anymore---and before you send them to the Goodwill, try it on and see the results you have made so far!!!!!!!!!! That always brings a smile to my face and I say, I can do this!!
I agree with all this, except one thing. I suggest you keep your biggest ''fat pants'' like the one you used to wear when you decided to do IP. Keep those to try them when you'll reach your goal. It's really funny to see all the space now in those pants.

As a reminder, you can wear those pants today that are too big for you, and go to the grocery store and carry around a bag of potatoe with the amount of weight that you've lost. You'll see in a more visual way what you've acheived and it'll give you the strenght to keep going

Common, you can do it
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #6  

Have you tried using the raspberry jello to make a new raspberry vinaigrette? Just add a 1/4 tsp to your oil & vinegar mixture, some salt & pepper and shake it up, voila - delicious raspberry viaigrette....

How about finding a carb free dressing to add to your cucumber?

Try some new veggies - have you had the kale chips yet? Have you tried the stewed rhubarb? Turnip hashbrowns or fries?

Sometimes I like to have pickles, tomatoes and onions along side a home made burger or two with a bit of low carb ketchup - who needs a bun and it's like not eating veggies at all. You can even add zucchini & leaks to your ground meat to incorporate a bunch of veggies so you won't even notice they're there!
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #7  

You should definitely try turnip chips done in the oven. I had never eaten turnip before in my life (nor did I have any desire to) until I saw it mentioned on here as a substitute for french fries/roasted potato. Really good! I also tried rhubarb for the first time too...warmed in the microwave for 8-10 minutes and then poured over frozen vanilla drink (kinda like ice cream with berry coulis). Yum!
Sweetstina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/189/145

Height: 5'5

HI Ladies,

I am not feeling like cheating but I am getting muscle aches in my legs. I took a leisurely stroll last night...about 30 minutes. Did you or do you get these pains. I imagine it's just that my muscles aren't getting enough nutrients. I am eating everything I should per plan...except for the lunch time veggies.

I have sighed up for fitday...which is really cool way to review what you eat.
AugustBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBride View Post
HI Ladies,

I am not feeling like cheating but I am getting muscle aches in my legs. I took a leisurely stroll last night...about 30 minutes. Did you or do you get these pains. I imagine it's just that my muscles aren't getting enough nutrients. I am eating everything I should per plan...except for the lunch time veggies.

I have sighed up for fitday...which is really cool way to review what you eat.
Hey August - I'm not sure if it's muscle cramps but if it is, you might want to double up on your potassium supplement for a few days - that should help

Fitday is great, you'll love it, I've tracked my food for the last 5 months and it's really eye opening!
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:44 PM   #10  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
So, i'm having a horrible week on the diet. I need help, or motivation or something! Nothing tastes good at all, if i look at another piece of cucumber or broccoli or a salad i may vomit. Normally i'm really gung-ho IP and it's easy enough to follow. I just can't make my taste buds happy! Urgh. HELP!!!
Take yourself out to eat for the next few meals....if it keeps you on plan its worth it. Do you have a Changs? go get a great stir fry. Head out and find a place that will grill you some asparagus and a steak for dinner (and take home leftovers for tomorrow's dinner). Do you have a Sweet Tomatoes with that great salad bar? or a really good place for soups? Even going out for a really good salad can be a huge relief over making it--I went to a high end pizza place last night and had a giant greek salad--it was awesome!

And I didn't have to shop, cook or clean up any of it, which was a relief. Doing IP is hard work and you should give yourself a (Healthy) break when you need it! Take a great magazine or a book and have a leisurely meal with someone waiting on you.
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 156/156/130

Angry Gaining Weight on IP

Hi, everyone,
Well I had another weigh in and this time I had gained 2 pounds from last week! How is this possible?! I didn't cheat AT ALL. I was so distraught and of course I did A LOT of emotional eating yesterday and today. I hate it that I did it and I just see money getting flushed down the toilet when I cheated. I decided I needed to get on the boards and write about it. I don't want cheat and I feel HORRIBLE for eating horribly for 2 days.
Any advice or encouragement would be appreciated!
in it to THIN it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/189/145

Height: 5'5

Don't be discouraged. The way I look at things is this. If you weren't on IP you would be eating atleast double the calories if not more.....so whether the scale says you have lost weight or not....at some point it's going to start dropping....you can't eat less than 1000 calories a day and not lose.
So be strong. I haven't lost in a few days and feel slightly discourageb but am sticking to that thought process.

I am going to try and only get on the scale once a week, so I am not totally demotivated by the lack of movement day to day.

PS...try fitday. I noticed alot of the ladies using it on here and I signed up and can really track everything you do, eat etc....will help you see if you are making any mistakes along the way...

Stay strong!
AugustBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

I agree - you would be eating lots more calories if you were not doing IP. Just don't throw yourself out of Ketosis - hang on and you will see a loss!!!

When my taste buds get like that (veggified)- I try and change up my protein for the day.

Is there a magic # of carbs we should not go over a day?

Elle
elle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by in it to THIN it View Post
Hi, everyone,
Well I had another weigh in and this time I had gained 2 pounds from last week! How is this possible?! I didn't cheat AT ALL. I was so distraught and of course I did A LOT of emotional eating yesterday and today. I hate it that I did it and I just see money getting flushed down the toilet when I cheated. I decided I needed to get on the boards and write about it. I don't want cheat and I feel HORRIBLE for eating horribly for 2 days.
Any advice or encouragement would be appreciated!
Hang tough! It's really easy to become obsessed with the scale, I weigh myself every day, even tho I know I shouldn't. The truth is, it's normal for our body weight to fluctuate from day to day. If you are following the protocol and have gained a few pounds, it could simply be water weight, or it could be hormonal or one of many other reasons. Just know that you are doing something good for your body, and hang in there. Before you know it, those pounds will start slipping away!

Stacey
Stacey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:03 PM   #15  

I haven't tried the kale chips or the turnip fries. I have to find kale somewhere and i love love love turnips. So that addition may really help. I am basically living off rhubarb as it is one of the only veggies that taste good right now. I've also tried the stir-fry, it's one of my main dinners (had it last night). The raspberry viniagrette dressing (made with IP raspberry jelly) is the only thing i use for salad dressing anymore.

I live in CT, and there aren't many places where i could have an IP friendly dinner. Not only that, i am spending so much on this diet, i really can't afford to eat out.

This too shall pass. It always does. This rut just seems to be the worse so far.