Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #1  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

Default What are you doing with your old pants?

I have several pairs of jeans that are too big and its time to get rid of them since they are too big and taking up room, I usually donate my old clothes to purple heart but has anyone tried selling them on ebay? im not looking to make a big profit but would people actually buy?
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #2  

I just sold a dress on ebay. I had to relist it as it didn't sell the first time and I think I actually ended up making a loss when it did.

It was my first time selling on ebay and it didn't seem worth the effort so now I don't know what to do with all my old clothes.

I have some really nice things that seem too good to just give away, but they don't fit me any more. I hope you get some good answers - I'd like to know too!
PapayaMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Firecracker-Why not Craigslist? As long as your items are in good condition, clean and fairly priced, I'm sure you would sell them. I would offer them as one lot, not individually. It would cut down on the number of people you will have to deal with. Put a clear pic and description (with sizes) so people know what they are looking at. Good luck!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've sold things on ebay that were in really good condition but stuff that I've worn more than a couple times, I generally just give to charity.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Yeah I wouldn't bother with selling on ebay unless you have lots of patience and time to go to the post office- I agree with using craigslist. I pretty much just donate all my clothes.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #6  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

I am selling a lot of my better career clothes in consignment shops. It doesn't bring a lot of money, but some cash that I can use to rebuy smaller sizes.
I give the rest to my favorite goodwill store where I often buy their stuff!
I think clothing recycling is great for everyone.
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:23 AM   #7  

Default charity..

I think many people will benefit if you give them to charity but you can also sell those you think that are new yet or have not been used for a long time. Just be careful when you transact on ebay.
goodhealthmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/maintaining 135ish

If you have office-suitable clothes, please consider your local "Dress for Success" chapter. Dress for Success They take not only pants and suits, but also accessories.

They help disadvantaged women entering or re-entering the work force, and provide them with a suitable outfit when they get a job interview, as well as the opportunity to get another appropriate for their job, if they are successful. They particularly seek sizes over 14. In my state there are even drop-off boxes at offices of a large local realty chain.

Last edited by bronzeager; 06-21-2010 at 01:46 AM.
bronzeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:58 AM   #9  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I also want to echo Dress for Success! Excellent resource for a lot of women.

If you have clothes from name brand stores like Gap, Old Navy, American Eagle, etcetera you can keep an eye out for Plato's Closet. They buy used clothes and resell them.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: SW 255/220/155

Height: 5.5

I haven't.... my plan is to give to family and friends, and I know I have some clothes that I want to donate to.. hmm i forget the name but its a program that collects business clothes for battered women I think? For interviews? Hmm Now i have to go look it up!
spaghetticat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

I had a friend who used to organize a 3-hour "swap meet" for women of all sizes! We'd get together and have a blast trading clothes. And if the curtains are drawn, you don't need no steenkin dressing room. The clothes were flying every which way! The wine spritzers didn't hurt either.
crimsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:30 PM   #12  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsons View Post
I had a friend who used to organize a 3-hour "swap meet" for women of all sizes! We'd get together and have a blast trading clothes. And if the curtains are drawn, you don't need no steenkin dressing room. The clothes were flying every which way! The wine spritzers didn't hurt either.
This sounds like a BLAST!

I usually let the sister go through the stuff, pass it on to a friend and then donate. I have more expensive items now then I did before I might craigslist some this time.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote