Old 06-13-2010, 12:04 AM   #1  
Oneder Bound

S/C/G: 287/ticker/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Default DETOX or 2 Day Fast Formula

Has anyone completed a detox diet? I want to share what I am doing this weekend but I don't want any harsh advice or judgemental opinions.

I began the two day fast formula. If no one knows what that is it is basically a powder mix that I add to water and ice to create this amazingly delicious shake. It allows you to detox and kill your cravings for specific food. Of course weight loss is also a plus but I'm not expecting to keep that weight loss off. Many of the people who I have kept track of that have done this have kept the weight off and this allowed them to restart their diet if they have lulled. So far I have completed day 1 and I feel great. I haven't been running to the bathroom and I am not starving. There has been a lot of research on this particular product and I would not have done it if there had been warnings or bad reviews by health professionals. I also had my doctor's OK on this. I have kept a journal of my experience during this in my blog below. Please follow along if you would like!

Anyway, my overall question is whether anyone has completed this particular detox or something similar?
ShellydeFlores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

I have never done a fast nor do i think i could do a fast nor do i want to do a fast. I have to have food.

If it works for you great, but I would be so sick and grumpy. To me it wouldn't be worth it.
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:26 AM   #3  
Oneder Bound

Kendra, haha. I never thought I would be able to do this. In fact a year ago I didn't think I would be able to even get down to 1500 calories a day but I did it. I think that actually has helped me to be able to do this. If I were still eating 2500-3000 calories a day I would totally be miserable right now with only three chocolate low calories shakes! haha, but I am fine.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:33 AM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I wouldn't ever be able to do that. I like chewing and I like food. I would also like to put it out here that there is no quick fix for losing weight. For long term, healthy weight loss you gotta work for it. It's not handed to you. There is no magic pill or potion or drink that will make it so. Not saying that is what you are looking for, just felt the need to interject that into my response.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:45 AM   #5  
Oneder Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onederchic View Post
I wouldn't ever be able to do that. I like chewing and I like food. I would also like to put it out here that there is no quick fix for losing weight. For long term, healthy weight loss you gotta work for it. It's not handed to you. There is no magic pill or potion or drink that will make it so. Not saying that is what you are looking for, just felt the need to interject that into my response.
I realize this and I know this very well. My reason for doing this is to rid me of cravings and start over with my new diet, not the weightloss. Thank you for the support.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellydeFlores View Post
There has been a lot of research on this particular product
Cites for research that doesn't come from the company?
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:02 AM   #7  
Oneder Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
Cites for research that doesn't come from the company?
Yes as well as many healthy professionals and life long fitness goers for whom I highly respect, who had tried to it and recommended it.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:53 AM   #8  
:)

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8-1/2

Quote:
Yes as well as many healthy professionals and life long fitness goers for whom I highly respect, who had tried to it and recommended it.
What's the name of it & the company?
MissKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:34 PM   #9  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

yeah, i'd be interested in knowing who it is. i think that the whole detox thing can be done just by eating fruits and veggies for a weekend. the thought of jump-starting weight loss if you've stalled- that makes sense to me. sort of like the Wendy theory that if you change up how many calories you eat you'll break through a pleateau.
what i'm most interested in is how they think this breaks through cravings ...
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:45 PM   #10  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

hmmm I guess you don't want any opinions that disagree LOL??? If it works for you & your doc says it's ok, i suppose that's all that matters. For myself, I think the word "detox" is something of a misnomer, that's all. I mean, our ORGANS are there to provide a service to us, to detox all the crap out of us if we give it the right fuel to work with in the first place. I'm with the food eaters on this one, wow would i be a bear after about 12 hours LOL
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:27 PM   #11  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm up and down as to whether or not I think detoxes work or are necessary. I'm neither for nor against them. I did a fruit/veggie detox for a day and honestly don't remember if I lost anything. I think it helped me poo...which helped me lose, as I recall. But that's not FAT loss, which is what I want.

But ya know...like you said, if I was stalled, I wouldn't be opposed to giving it a try. I'm a bit curious as to why you're doing it so soon in your journey?
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 252/235.6/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
I realize this and I know this very well. My reason for doing this is to rid me of cravings and start over with my new diet, not the weightloss. Thank you for the support.

The cravings will start to go away by themselves given time. It is hard at the beginning, but the effort is worth it. I like doing weight loss the old fashion way because I don't really trust weight loss shakes and pills. I feel that I am building a healthy life style by losing weight naturally.

If the shakes work for you that is wonderful, but they are not the basis for a healthy life style, they are a means to an end.
ubercast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #13  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

If you're like me and most overweight people, we've been malnourished and eating garbage for years. If this helps you curb your cravings, then good for you! Afterall, it's only two days and it's a lot better than what I had been eating. If this doesn't work for you and you crave sugar, I can recommend Phase 1 of Southbeach. This really helps me to curb my cravings for sugar.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 06-13-2010 at 08:53 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:31 AM   #14  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Quote:
Has anyone completed a detox diet? I want to share what I am doing this weekend but I don't want any harsh advice or judgemental opinions.

Anyway, my overall question is whether anyone has completed this particular detox or something similar?
I think what she is looking for here is a supportive kind word and maybe a true quest to find a person who had done it. I think when someone is brave enough to say : I want to share what I am doing this weekend but I don't want any harsh advice or judgemental opinions. We should honor that. We all have times when we just want to share but don't want to be shot down. I have a best friend that I have to say "This is your time to just listen not tell me what an idiot I am." there are other times I will tell her "I honestly want your opinion". We can be those kinds of friends here too. She stated pretty clearly what her needs were.

Shelly~I havent' done a detox diet but stuck to just fruit,veggies and green tea today in my own version of detoxing (getting rid of sodium and bloat from a planned "day off" yesterday). Come back and tell us how this worked for you.

Last edited by Michelle98272; 06-14-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:09 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I did a two day detox some 30 years ago - I lost some weight and gained some of it back right away. Then it actually made my weight loss stand still for a while. It didn't make me feel wonderful - as was promised.

Actually, I did not find it very beneficial in the long run. I never did another.

If you do this, I hope you have a better result than me.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 06-14-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote