Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #1  

Height: 5'10

Default Has your hair washing regimen changed now that you exercise more?

I've been trying to workout every day but I don't like to wash my hair everyday because it strips the oils out of my hair plus I never have anyway. I usually wash my hair when I am not exercising, 1-2 times a week. Now that my lifestyle has me doing cardio once a day, my hair gets super sweaty sometimes when I have a hard workout so I end up having to at least wash my hair a little bit most days of the week!

I was wondering how you guys deal with this issue. Do you just wash your hair everyday that you workout (if you don't workout every day) or just not wash your hair even thought it gets sweaty.

Has your hair washing regimen changed now that you exercise more?
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Have you tried just rinsing your hair? I generally do that on off days I don't wash. I rinse with water and comb with a brush.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:00 PM   #3  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

I wash my hair every day regardless of working out or not. My hair is just fine. Just be sure to condition.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

I have been thinking about this lately too. I used to wash my hair every single day, and it was getting really damaged (it's very fine/thin and I color it). So I stopped doing that and only washed it every second day.

Now that I'm doing hot yoga, I SWEAT like really, really sweat and my hair gets really wet/sweaty. But I do the yoga at night, so when I wake up it's just fluffy. Then I put a bunch of dry shampoo in it and blow dry it and it's fine.

Do you use dry shampoo? This will definitely help with the excess oil.

~BreathingSpace~

Last edited by BreathingSpace; 06-07-2010 at 01:15 PM.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #5  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

I don't wash my hair every day even if I ran that day. I used to be a smoker, so I knew that smells much worse than sweaty hair. However, my hair gets frizzy and straggly looking, so if I want to look nice I have to wash it.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I "wash" my hair with conditioner every day. I only shampoo about twice a week. My hair is curly so YMMV, but this works very well for me and my hair always feels clean and looks great!
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6

Oh, definitely. I wash or rinse my hair so often now it's ridiculous. I sometimes put on dry shampoo before I exercise - the shampoo will absorb the sweat from your hair and it will be dry after you exercise. However, dry shampoo tends to be expensive so I don't do that too often.

I've also found that my hair gets ridiculously dry now that I have to wash it so often. I bought a 2 in 1 moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and I also have a 3-minute moisturizing treatment, which I use together about once a week. It helps keep my hair from becoming straw-like.
Button is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #8  
almost halfway to goal!

S/C/G: 150/139/120

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys, a really cool trick I learned in hairdressing school to keep your hair from getting too yucky between shampoos.

BABY POWDER! It's really great to absorb the oils in your hair, especially closer to the scalp, which is where it makes everything else seem flat and gross. Give it a shot.
vesperpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

I have always washed my hair once or twice a day - and its colored. I use heavy duty conditioners and hot oil treatments once a month, so gym routine really hasnt changed my hair washing routine.
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 147/121/118

Height: 5'4

I get very sweaty when I work out, so I have to take a shower afterwards. If I took a shower and tried to keep my hair dry, I'd feel dirty anyway. So for me, I have to take a shower every day - my hair gets incredibly greasy anyway. I'd love to be able to wash it just once or twice a week, but that's really not an option for me!
Belease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #11  
Better Posture

S/C/G: 145/125/glutes

Height: 5'6.5''

I combine 1 day of cardio (that's when I wash my hair) and 1 day of strength training. I don't sweat that much when I do strength so I don't feel my hair looks bad or anything. If you don't want to wash it every day try to switch your routine accordingly.
carpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #12  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

I wash my hair every day, regardless if I've worked out or not. I wash with shampoo twice, then condition. I don't color my hair or anything, but I do blow dry it and use a flat iron every day. I have never had a problem with damaged hair or split ends.
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #13  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

This might be kinda gross, but I don't wash my hair every day, even if I do exercise. Usually I wear my hair in such a way that the only part that gets really sweaty is the top of my head, and if it's really bad, I use dry shampoo. Otherwise, i wash my hair every other day. My hair is long and very thin/fine, and the nature of red hair is such that it starts to look dull and frizzy if I wash it every day.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:58 PM   #14  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama girl View Post
This might be kinda gross, but I don't wash my hair every day, even if I do exercise. Usually I wear my hair in such a way that the only part that gets really sweaty is the top of my head, and if it's really bad, I use dry shampoo. Otherwise, i wash my hair every other day. My hair is long and very thin/fine, and the nature of red hair is such that it starts to look dull and frizzy if I wash it every day.

It's not gross at all. If people think that is gross, they will find my routine even more so . I rinse my hair everyday after I workout but I only use shampoo and conditioner once or twice a week. I have naturally curly hair that frizzes up badly and this is what works for me and my hair
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:33 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 161/135/115

Height: 5'3"

I have really long hair (down to my lower back) so the ends of my hair have seen some pretty bad days. Things like bleaching from black to blonde and multiple dye jobs. I generally only shampoo at the most twice a week, even when I'm not working out. I condition daily and try to leave the conditioner on while I'm washing the rest of me. I also use a deep conditioning hair mask every now and then when I have the time.
Halfhazard is offline   Reply With Quote