General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #1  

Default Sweet Tooth Blues

Hello,

I have been struggling terribly with a sweet tooth. Seems like every day I need or want something sweet. I no longer will do the sugar free stuff because that is just as bad as eating the real thing. Was wondering what I could do to help curb it or indulge it with something low cal, good for me, and no crap ingredients. I was thinking of the little Ande's mints or a York Peppermint Patty. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
justbeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #2  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I'm not sure what plan you're on, but how about some fruit? Cherries, grapes and watermelon are all wonderfully sweet.

Another thought would be no sugar added ice cream. There's a really good NSA fudge bar that's about 40 calories that might help.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 299/?/170

Height: 6'1"

I have started making healthy oatmeal cookies (oatmeal, whole wheat flour, applesauce, an egg, maybe honey (or splenda), and whatever else you like...nuts, dried cranberries, etc). Mix and refridgerate for a while before baking-very easy and fast.
Med School Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:45 PM   #4  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Also not sure what plan you’re on, but I’m calorie counting and allow myself a little something sweet every single day. Sometimes it’s sugar free pudding or jell-o or a popsicle, but most of the time, it’s actual candy and junk! I just recently found some Hershey’s toffee treasures and I let myself have two a day. I factor it in to my calorie count and it keeps me on track and gives me something to look forward to. Moderation is the key!
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote