Old 05-24-2010, 03:30 AM   #1  
Find Joy in the Journey

S/C/G: ?/128lbs/107lbs

Height: 4,10

Default How are your results?

I love the Beach Body sets as much as everyone else. But I can never seem to stick to the actual plan they lay out for you.

I'm curious to know if anyone has stuck with the entire program and how difficult it was.

Also, did you have the results the commercials would claim you'd have?
eyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:20 AM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

The only one I have from Beachbody is the Project You Type II. I haven't gotten to the place where I can complete the foundation, so I haven't moved on in the suggested thing. I went back to Kim Lyons and will try it again later in summer to see if I am better at it.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:51 AM   #3  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

I did P90X and I didn't get ripped, but I was really freaking strong. I was tight too, my fat was more sturdy lol. I didn't have much cellulite either.. I didn't jiggle as much... I felt great. I miss it actually. If my boyfriend would try to tickle me, I'd squeeze him with my thighs and he would stop. He said I had "thighs like a vice" haha.

So yeah, the results are real. With P90X, and I assume most of their programs, it's the commitment that's the problem. Often times they're long videos many times a week, but if you make the time and don't cheat, you'll get great results.

Last edited by oodlesofnoodles; 05-27-2010 at 12:54 AM.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #4  
Doing Prevention Videos!

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I am doing the 10lb slimdown (Chris Freytag) and am 3 weeks into the month rotation and I am getting really nicely defined ABS!
mom2cass&em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #5  

I have done both P90X and Insanity ( crazy right?)

During P90X, I saw alot of weight drop and muscle development, especially in my upper body. I really felt good!

Insanity has imporoved my over fitness and made my core and legs very strong

I am not all the way there yet, but I keep working at it and over time I will get to my goal weight and physical fitness level I want to acheive.

Just keep trying, do a little more each time you workout and you will see results, don't judge yourself by the people in the video, judge your improvement by what you couldn't do last week

Last edited by glowchick; 06-12-2010 at 04:09 PM.
glowchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

I have Slim in 6, 10 min trainer, P90X and Insanity ... yeah, I'm a beach body junky. Even tried their support forums - but at the time, I wasn't ready to commit, and there is an ever revolving door for the people there. Now that their trial period is over, Im not willing to pay for support when there are places like here that offer the support for free and that people tend to stick around longer.

Most of the "Success" stories you see on Beach Body are people who have done multiple successions of the program. For instance - someone isn't going to go from a 250lbs obese person to a 120lbs person in 12 weeks on P90X. It takes several repeats of the program to get there.

Most "real life" people I know that have completed the P90X program completed the video series but did not look at the diet/nutrition plan. Personally, that plan takes too much thought and doesn't fit into my lifestyle. I'm sure if you stuck to the plan for eating as well as for exercise, you'd see the lbs come shedding off.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

the only one I stuck to was Chalene Extreme, and that was 3 months, I didn't do the 4th month which I think was optional. I like all their programs, it's hard to stick to just 1, and since I paid for them I want to use them all.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote