Old 05-14-2010, 07:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Default Birthday pounds/Moving home

Yesterday was my birthday.

I had cheetos for lunch, and cake/wine/pizza for dinner. I woke up feeling like CRAP. I also have been eating too much food and crappy food the last few days. I just moved back home and started a new job. I haven't been paying attention to my eating. Moving back home is going to make things very difficult, they keep bad foods in the house. And make bad dinners, and expect me to eat with them. The scale was up 1 lb this morning. I know, 1 lb. But some of you can relate. When it fluctuates between 117 and 118 fora the last month,then all the sudden is up to 119.5. I know it's a weight gain.

Time to kick it in gear and really focus on my energy.

I think my game plan is going to be starting to food journal again. I was able to go without this before, but I think I'm going to need the extra strength now that I'm here at home.

Anyone else live at home/with roommates that eat unhealthy. How to you handle it? I don't want to offend my parents by not eating with them, but I just can't do it!

So goal for today. Tough because it's Friday.

bfast: yogurt/granola - 300

lunch: big salad - 300

Dinner: I have plan to go out for dinner at noodles and company with my birthday coupon. Pad thai is 350 calorie, I've never had it though.

After dinner: having drinks with a friend. So that'll take up the extra calories.

Last edited by garstar; 05-14-2010 at 07:48 AM.
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:25 AM   #2  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Pad Thai is my favourite thing EVER. Never had a 350 calorie version though :P

Just sit down with your folks and talk to them about your journey so far and how you feel confident by doing your own thing. Perhaps offer to cook for them a couple of times a week?
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #3  
Batgirl will always win.

S/C/G: 201/197/(190 ST; 145 LT)

Height: 5'5

I have the same problem. At school I am on my own for meals, and I can eat what I want. But no one in my family cares about weight or health so they don't eat good meals, so It's difficult being at home. I have to just eat small portions of it I guess, maybe try to talk to my mom about choosing healthier options? I don't want to offend her and I know it will. :/
BatgirlAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:02 AM   #4  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Luckily my parents are really supportive. Well, in the sense they don't get offended if I say I'm going to cook dinner for myself. My mom and I usually communicate before dinner is started and I tell her whether I will eat it or not. Some nights she cooks healthier dinners that I can eat.

However, there have been plenty of times I have had to BEG them to hid the naughty treats. Sometimes they do, sometimes they dont and that can be frustrating.

I would sit your parents down and explain to them that its not being disrespectful, but you've worked really hard and that this is your plan. They can accept it or not, but that's how it is and that their support is important to you.

Good luck, love! It's def hard. I lost a lot of weight when I moved out on my own and gained a ton back when I moved back - not to discourage you - I wasn't on any diet either time... I was just more active and eating better balanced meals than my parents....
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:07 AM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Okay, first of all - the pad thai at N&C is NOT worth the 350 calories. There are other dishes that are much tastier for around the same amount of calories (or less). I love the Med Salad with grilled chicken breast (~300 calories and less sodium). Its got pasta, olives, tomatoes, this awesome tangy dressing and some cheese.

When I started this lifestyle change, I lived with 4 guys. I had a talk with them about it, how the only thing I needed from them was to HIDE THE CHIPS AND COOKIES. I'm short, so they just kept all of their junk food on top of the cabinets where I couldn't see and/or reach it.

Perhaps you could have a talk with your parents about having one cabinet for yourself to keep healthy things in, and then you don't have to go into everything else and see the junk food?
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote