Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 287.2/250.0/165

Height: 5' 10"

Default Being a Girlie-Girl?

Growing up I was always a tomboy. By the time I got to junior high, I had started to gain weight and shied away from doing much that was "girlie".

Now that I've been losing wieght, I'd like to be a little more feminine and more of a girlie-girl. Not that I'm super masculine but having PCOS doesn't exactly help with feeling feminine.

So now for the silly question. How do I go about doing that? The only things I do are shave my legs, color my hair to cover the grey and I started painting my toenails last summer.

What can I do to feel more femine and pamper myself?
MrsClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:55 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Wear skirts and dresses!

I was just like you. I like pants still, but I LOVE pretty summer dresses and flowy skirts.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:04 PM   #3  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Wear skirts and dresses!

I was just like you. I like pants still, but I LOVE pretty summer dresses and flowy skirts.
AGREED.

But if you're still not sure about wearing dresses
(I wasn't for a LONG time because of my arms)
then you can try just a nice blouse shirt with capris
and flip flops (or flats) would do well.

Here's a plus size womens' store websites that I absolutely
love because it's clothing for aaverage women, NOT the tiny
girls that Hollister, SunPac, etc. would portray.

This'll give you an idea and hopefully help you out.

lanebryant
fashionbug
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

I was always a tomboy. Skirts, heels (even if they have just a really tiny heel, sexy heels do the trick), & makeup. Sometimes just a little bit of gloss goes a long way!
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

Height: 5'6"

Treat yourself with a foot bath and give yourself pedicures. I love doing this every week. Play around with lotions and fragrance ( if you can stand it), burn candles ( favorite part of my day). I don't think I was very girly until a couple years ago when I started working for a Bath and Body Works part time, and fell in love with everything pampering there. Now I can't keep myself away from anything pampering.
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

PCOS person here.

1) Fun toilette items -- be it organic shampoo, yummy soap, whatever.

2) Feminine clothes or at least feminine cut. Skirts, dresses, sandals. No boxy "T shape" Hanes type T-shirts. Cut with scoop neck, V-neck, taken in to show a waist.

3) I'm not big on make up, but when I do, best I can afford in natural make up, perfume, etc.

4) I'm not big on jewelry, but a few special pieces.

5) Feminine touches to the home -- colors, bedsheets, candles, curtains, flowers, etc. It's hard to feel girly if surrounded by non-girly things. If your home inclines heavily toward masculine decor, try to soften it up.

GL!
A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/131.6/108

Height: 5'

ok, i am the girliest girly girl in the whole wide world. so i will give you a bit of advice

where pink.. its the girliest color, if you dont like pink, lilac/purple works well too

flowers and lace are great. dresses and heels are a good way to go. i accesorize.. a little goes a long way.. cute earring, a few rings, maybe a necklace occasionally.

i wear alot of headbands , lots of times with flowers on them and such. I always paint my nails, and i try to be as polished as possible for the circumstances. I dont get made up to get everywhere, but i try to look nice most of the time.

I wear a signature lip shade.. its a pink peony color, very pretty. Try and find your own shade that looks great on you.

grooming wise, i tweeze my eyebrows, shave almost daily, moisturize and always where sunscreen. i whiten my teeth ocasionaly.

Try and come up with a signature look for yourself, something that your comfortable in and is easy enough for you to maintain.

My signature look, is something cute, usually a dress, or something pink. pink lipstick, pretty nails, and i'm known for my headbands.

anyways thats all i can think of for now, i hope i helped!
aware210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

Nothing makes me feel more feminine and hot than some sexy perfume!
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 184/184/144

Height: 5'6

Pedicures and sparkly shoes. I work with dogs so im always in jeans and sneakers. I also have to keep my finger nails pretty short. To keep from feeling like a total bum i go once amonth to get a pedicure in a really bright pink. I also bought a pair of gold sparkly flip flops at tj maxx to wear when i go. Walking around with my newly painted toes is when i feel the most girly. it changes my whole mood. its like therapy for me.

Last edited by ape85; 05-12-2010 at 09:46 PM.
ape85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:00 PM   #10  

Get a cute new hair cut! I'm super girly but I always feel even more so when I get my hair cut and it has that fresh from the salon bounce to it.
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #11  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

feminine tops,dresses,maybe even buy a pair of heels. Consider trying to put on some make up.
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:45 PM   #12  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

If makeup isn't your thing then try using some bronzer to start with a bit of lip gloss.
I agree with the pretty tops, capris if you don't want to wear skirts and thumbs up to the pedicure
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

It's hard to advise because being feminine and being girly are 2 very different things. I don't like to look or feel girly because I rarely wear jewelry or sparkly things. But I love feeling sexy and feminine and that comes more from the inside than the outside.

Make up - you don't have to go crazy if you don't like make up. But you would be shocked what a little concealer, mascara, and a light gloss will do to draw attention to your features. When you see cartoons of beautiful girls they always have insane eyelashes. So crimp your lashes and apply mascara, you'll feel like a vixen.

Clothes - Last year I threw away all ALL of my boxy t-shirts, sweatpants, bulky sweaters, and turtlenecks. My closet was pretty empty but I've slowly been filling it with clothes that have more shape to them, V-neck, scoop necks. I buy t-shirts but they have to be fitted and flattering - I'm always trying to define my waist. Look at your friends and you'll know who has the best style, then ask her to go shopping with her and really listen to her advice.

Shoes - Clunky chunky shoes and sneakers will make you feel tomboyish. The weather is nice so sport some sandals, with a pretty pedicure. I paint mine either pale pink (because it's what I like) or blackish red (because it's what my husband likes.) Start experimenting with high heels, maybe a short 1inch heel at first and then work your way up.

Last of all, confidence goes a long way. Work on your posture and comportment most of all. You might be wearing the pinkest girly outfit but unless you carry yourself with confidence it's all for naught.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I love being a girly-girl!

I wish every woman would get rid of her boxy, oversized t-shirts. They are not for sleeping in or wearing to the grocery store. They may be comfortable but they are not flattering! Save them for weeding the garden or washing the car

Buy some cute jammies. I prefer nightgowns but there are many cute things to wear to bed.

Choose cute tops. Button downs, pull over, it doesn't matter. Try on lots styles until you find something that works for your body type. Layer with a cute jacket or sweater. If you wear jeans go for a dark wash and a trouser leg. Universally flattering, sophisticated and can be worn dressed up or dressed down.

Have fun with shoes, jewelry and make up. Experiment to find what works for you.

It's just as easy to wear something nice as it is to throw on a pair of sloppy jeans and a t shirt. I haven't worn a t shirt in years. Even at my heaviest I recieved compliments on the way I dressed. I have spent years watching What Not To Wear on TLC. Stacey and Clinton have educated many a woman so if you get a chance to watch their show, you will learn alot about how to dress your body type.

Have fun--you're worth it!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #15  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I was defiantly a tom boy growing up but over the years I have turned more and more girly. Jeans are still my fav item to wear, but:

Paint your finger nails: I just started doing this and It is so fun! If I get a chance I change the color every few days. My toe nails are always painted.

Shoes: up until 4 weeks ago I never wore anything but runners and flip flops in the summer. I bought some really cute shoes recently, including a gemed pair of flats - everyone always comments on my "sparkly shoes" - nothing says girly like sparkles! I bought an awesome pair of heals/platforms too - now to learn to walk in them.

Purse - nothing says girly like a cute purse. I am younger but I love my pink juicy bag!

Lip gloss - I hate lip gloss. It gets on my water bottle and my coffee mug - lately I am trying to suck it up and just deal with it. Nothing says girly like some nice shiny pink lips.

Earrings - get some fun dangley earrings!

There are lots of great ideas already in the thread and I know I doubled on some - but these are changes I have just recently made and I can't believe how girly, cute and better I feel. I am wearing jeans and a fitted hoddie today, but with my pink toes showing, my lip gloss and big flower necklace I am feeling pretty girly! Good luck. I love the feeling and wish I had of made some of these changes sooner.

Just to want to say on a side note: this post sounds like I spent a lot of money and well I do and I don't - 98% of what I buy is on sale or clearance; even my juicy purse was bought discounted at an outlet store.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote