Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 05-12-2010, 06:55 AM   #1  

Default Any moms due soon/ just had a baby and here to get back on the wagon after pregnancy?

Just wondering if any other mommies are about to have or recently had a baby and let themselves go druing pregnancy and are here to get back on track.
I really was irresponsible during this pregnancy, and I'm anxious to get back to exercising. I have been trying to watch what I eat these last few weeks, but honestly I keep saying "I'll start again when I have the baby" and then dig into a huge bowl of ice cream.
BTW, congrats to any mommy that was able to hold strong during pregnancy to not pack on excessive pounds, or that is pregnant now and taking control of what they are eating! Its no easy task!!
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

Congratulations on your new baby!!!
I have a ticker marking the day I will start getting back on my weight loss journey or fitness journey I should say.
You are very right, watching your food intake or tracking calories during pregnancy is hard. I can't wait till the baby comes.
Don't feel bad, you can lose this weight and don't beat yourself the weight will come off....you just had a baby.
I gained 60 lbs with my last 3 pregnancies. This is my first time being totally aware of what's going in and it is sometimes hard to reject certain foods because I don't want to go over my calorie allowance.
anyways, you can do it!
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamourGirl827 View Post
Just wondering if any other mommies are about to have or recently had a baby and let themselves go druing pregnancy and are here to get back on track.
I really was irresponsible during this pregnancy, and I'm anxious to get back to exercising. I have been trying to watch what I eat these last few weeks, but honestly I keep saying "I'll start again when I have the baby" and then dig into a huge bowl of ice cream.
BTW, congrats to any mommy that was able to hold strong during pregnancy to not pack on excessive pounds, or that is pregnant now and taking control of what they are eating! Its no easy task!!
Hi GlamourGirl,

I'm due in 3 weeks. I was a former overweight girl (not too much, about 155-160lbs) and I am now 158lbs at 37 weeks pregnant. It took me over a year to lose the weight and I had maintained for almost 6 years, so it's been a bit of a shock to the system to deal with this. That being said, my pounds were not excessive (I'm at around 33-34lb gain so far).

You are due next week? Well, I'll be around as well to work off that baby weight I will be hiring a trainer/nutritionist after and breast feeding.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:21 PM   #4  

Mom4life, I too put on about 60 pounds with my first and swore this time I wouldn't and I ended up putting on about the same. I've always fluctuated between 15 - 25 pounds over weight, so the extra weight on top of that has been just the icing on the cake. (poor choice of words! lol)
Sacha, I've always wanted to hire a trainer and /or nutritionist. I feel its frustrating to lose the weight (finally!) and just gain it all back with pregnancy. Ugh!!

It seems after pregnancy is when women are the most in need to lose weight, but a new baby presents challenges with weight loss that were there prebaby. I would say mostly lack of time and sleep!!

Congrats to both moms on your soon to be new babies!!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #5  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

ME!!! I'm due in June with my second and have gained just over 30 lbs at 33 weeks. Last time I gained just over 40, and it looks like I will end up around the same amount this time too. Boo! Also I started out this pregnancy with 8 lbs of baby weight, plus an additional 20-30 that I had been trying to lose before I had kids.
I plan to work really hard and lose this weight for good after my daughter gets here.
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:59 AM   #6  

booskibabe- When I got preg with #1 I had about 20 lbs I needed to lose. I was working on it when we got preg. After baby #1 I did lose the "baby" weight but still didn't get that original 20 or so lbs off. Then with this preg gained all the baby weight back. So I need to get the baby weight off first. Which I guess will be my first goal, then work on the last 15 to 20 lbs. But even before kids I've always struggled with my weight and its yo-yoed a lot.

My husband and I have decided (I hope he wil follow through) to get all the weight off once and for all. He put on a lot of weight while I was preg with #1 but never took it off. He has about 100 lbs to lose. I know he really wants to, but his apporoach is like "I need to lose weight" (no goal setting). And then eat basically the same way, except cutting out like one spoonfull of icecream or mac n cheese. Or my favorite, he'll have a salad but drown it in blue cheese dressing. Then after like two days of what he considers dieting, order a pizza and say he doesn't want to be too strick and he can eat pizza once in a while (which is about once a week for him). Then when he doesn't see a weight loss, he gives up. :/
Old 05-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 150/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7''

Meeeeeee!!
I am in the process of starting to try to loose the last 15lbs of my baby weight. I gained 50-60 lbs! The brunt of the baby weight came off on its own and now my son is 6 months old and I need to get working if i want to get back to where i was before! I am so tired though and its tough finding time to exercise. I think if I first get my eating under control by calorie counting I will make some progress and will be more motivated to workout.
I am done with breastfeeding so no worries there for me in regards to calories etc.
Good luck, when are you due?
i am still trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

I've put on almost 30 pounds so far and plan to start getting back on track a few weeks after I have the baby.I had a normal bmi before getting preggers so I'm happy with a 30-35 weight gain.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:06 AM   #9  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

I went from 256 to 190 before getting pregnant. I had my son this past Thursday and I weigh 226 (I didn't drop much after birth because I am retaining water like crazy ATM). The first 4-5 months were difficult. Chicken and lean ground turkey made me nauseous and I could barely eat either of them. Most foods made me sick. I had horrible morning sickness. The only things I could eat were pizza, salads, and McDonalds. It was hard. But I am ready to lose the baby weight then continue on my weight loss journey!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 285/249/130

Height: 5'6''

Well I had my daughter on the 17th of august. I weighed 240 right before I got pregnant and got up to 278. I now weigh 256. I am nursing her.
Robbynmarie k is offline   Reply With Quote