General chatter - 2 Burners MOTHER'S DAY

View Full Version : 2 Burners MOTHER'S DAY

EZMONEY
05-08-2010, 10:37 AM
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY WEEK-END LADIES :hug:

I hope you all have a great Mother's Day week-end. My mom passed on a few years ago so my Mother's Day is a little :( each year now. However, the day does give me a chance to remember some of those past Mother's Day memories and gifts....One my mom always "bragged" about was the time I took her out to a fancy steakhouse/seafood house when I was 17....way cool :cool:

We are going family camping in a few weeks, Angie had time before a yoga class the other day so she went to the sporting goods store to look for a new camp stove. Her old one is small and may not be big enough for our group. She mentioned one that she wanted me to look at...well, after work yesterday I went and picked it up.

Then last night after we went out for dinner she says..."Hey, let's go look at the stove" :o...ha! Well we did and after she went all through them she changed her mind on the one and decided to get 2 separate ones...ones with 2 burners...after she loaded them in the cart I told her she couldn't buy them ;) I had to explain "why"...We bought the ones she picked out and I will return the other one...so much for the surprise :D

Angie is not the mother of my children but she is an outstanding step-mom and my kids certainly appreciate her and are aware of that :)

This morning, actually Angie just left, my daughter and Angie are running in a 5 or 10K....they will decide during the race which route to take....my wife's knee is hurting a bit and my daughter had a 12 miler yesterday and her IT band in sore...so...maybe a 5K....then they go to breakfast and then to the chocolate festival :carrot:

Tomorrow my son and dil, my daughter and the kidnapper, and my ex-wife will join us at church....then my son and dil are taking Angie and I out to breakfast, then all of us are going over to my ex-wife's house for a late lunch with her and her SO.

Should be a great week-end for the ladies :)

I hope the kids and men in your life have great plans for you and you, that are fortunate enough to still have your moms, make their day special :hug:

mandalinn82
05-09-2010, 01:46 AM
I spent my night last night getting together arrangements and balloons (wife is a florist, I always help at holidays), and today delivering lots of smiles all day long. I made 35 people smile to think that their kids thought of them today.

It is EXHAUSTING, but I love it every year.

Lori259
05-09-2010, 02:22 AM
aweeee so sweet!

My soon to be 17 year old daughter(will be 17 May 17th) hand made me a card earlier ~brought tears to my eyes ~My emo/gothic/vampire loving Child~loves me! It was so childish & sweet & beautiful and perfect just perfect!
My boys brought home Home made stuff & flowers ect. from school always cool to recieve & I always treasure everything they bring! & My hubby gave me enough money to get my hair cut back a few days ago & to buy a coneflower I wanted and some other junk I must not have needed cause I spent over 100.00 and can't remember what all I bought ~LOL!
Anyways~My dad too is passed Gary back in 2007~so next month will suck butt for me in that department on fathers day~I am sure there looking down at us on these special days!
HUGS!

For ANGIE & THE OTHER MOMMA'S
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY ANGIE & EVERYONE ELSE!

EZMONEY
05-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Good Morning....I hope Mothers everywhere have a great day!:)

dragonwoman64
05-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Happy Mother's Day, moms! mine passed away in 1996, but she's still with me. My cat (via my bf) gave me a very nice mum's day card and we went out to brunch after church (didn't bring the cat!).