Old 05-08-2010, 08:17 AM   #1  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Default need motivation please

Hello Calorie counters,

please send me some motivation to stay on plan.

I try to eat around 1500-1600 calories a day and had success with it last september when i lost 23lbs. Well, a lot has happened since then (parents separating, i lost my job now looking for a job) and my mind seems to be somewhere else instead where it should be, i can't seem to focus on what i REALLY want for myself, to finish losing this weight. I make up too many excuses to eat.

I love to workout and i love the way i feel when im on plan...i just need a push(or shove) to stay on plan. Last week i went 4days on plan then just gave up that is NOT me...i don't give up like that. This kind of madness has been going on since January. Its a viscous cycle.

It has taken me over 5yrs to get where i am, I have worked hard to lose my weight and keep it off and now that i am so close to my goal size jeans i keep giving up...WTH? Meanwhile weeks go by and i don't lose anything.

Its very frustrating...
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 270/208.6/165 (HW285)

Height: 6'

Hang in there~ you CAN do this. You have come too far to give up on yourself. Seriously, don't give up. Keep moving forward. You are worth it.
mkyice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/156/145

Height: 5 ft. 4 inches

Hang in there! I know it's Tuff with all you're going through but you'll feel so much better when you reach your goal!
llmw1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:33 AM   #4  

I'm going to go a different route here and say maybe you should practice some maintenance for a bit. You have done an AMAZING job at losing over 100 lbs. A little break is deserved so you can be refreshed for the last 30 lb push. That may not be what you want to hear because it's been 5 years already, but it's worth a try at times.
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

I think Shylah has a point about allowing yourself a break. Losing weight can be exhausting and I agree that it's OK to take a break and catch your breath (so to speak) before re-applying yourself.

If, however, you've been on a break while attending to all the other stuff going on in your life, and now you're ready to get back to losing, maybe it's time for a shake-up. I think we all get in ruts with both diet and exercise.

Try a new exercise, whether you buy (or borrow) a new DVD workout, or download some new music to exercise to, or get a stability ball to work your core. Set a goal -- I will work up to x pushups, or I will do x sets of dumbbell exercises. Eating-wise, look online for some yummy new recipes to try, or try to work some new fruits and veggies into your diet.

You've come so far and have so much to be proud of!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #6  
300+ Chick

From looking at your ticker, 100 Lbs loss is amazing progress!! Hang in there and don't give up of your hard working efforts!! You are doing fantastic!! So keep it going, chickie!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #7  
keep on truckin' momma

Thanks for your support and comments guys, i really appreciate them. Im not sure what im going to do yet. I do like the idea of getting some new workout dvd's...or maybe i will get some new workout clothes. I never really celebrated my 23lbs loss with new clothes(put me into a 12).

Shylah, taking a break is scary to me. I always feel like im going to gain weight if i stop dieting. But you do have a great point. Maybe I do need a mental break from it all...after all,im basicly maintaining now! With my workouts and occasional splurges the scale stays around the same weight.

Another idea that i have is taking baby steps? For instance, I know i can go 4 days on plan...maybe next week i will go 5days then so on until i can stay on plan the entire week with the one cheat meal(forgot to mention,i allow myself a cheat meal on sunday's )

anyhoot, thanks for listening
Old 05-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #8  

Don't stop dieting, just keep doing what you are doing to maintain. You are already really. But, I like the baby step idea. That is what I am doing to reinvent myself. Get back to adding on plan days, or maybe switch it up to on plan weeks? I know I've read some people on here do weekly totals instead of daily so you don't have to feel so beaten up.

Then, add in your exercise again, if you lost it. I am just assuming that when you mean totally off plan that includes the activity.

You can do this Amelia!! Think of some kick butt award for yourself (that doesn't involve food of course!) Because no matter what happens, or when it does, you TOTALLY deserve it.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:02 AM   #9  
keep on truckin' momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShylahEQ View Post
Don't stop dieting, just keep doing what you are doing to maintain. You are already really. But, I like the baby step idea. That is what I am doing to reinvent myself. Get back to adding on plan days, or maybe switch it up to on plan weeks? I know I've read some people on here do weekly totals instead of daily so you don't have to feel so beaten up.

Then, add in your exercise again, if you lost it. I am just assuming that when you mean totally off plan that includes the activity.

You can do this Amelia!! Think of some kick butt award for yourself (that doesn't involve food of course!) Because no matter what happens, or when it does, you TOTALLY deserve it.

That is also one of my downfalls. Anytime there is call to celebrate...we go out to dinner regardless if im dieting or not so that is something that will have to wait until i 'plan it'( like on sundays)

You reminded me....Back when i first found this site in September i was zig zagging my calories and adding in the total at the end of the week(keeping up with it everyday)...i think i will start doing that agian too. It did give me more variety in what i was able to eat from day to day.

Im also proud to add that im still working out at least 5 days a week so im still keeping that up.

Thank you Shylah...your kind words are so appreciative. I will keep you updated..k!
Old 05-09-2010, 10:10 AM   #10  

Awesome stuff! I'm glad you kept going on the activity, that was the hardest for me to start. It's still a work in progress for me, but it makes me feel so much better.

My big reward is going to be a new winter coat. Sounds silly right? I live in Michigan and it's cold a lot and I'm so tired of wearing men's big tent like coats. I can't wait for a cute girly one

Be inspired and think of something cool and totally keep us updated. We're here to support you!!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:23 PM   #11  
Transforming through God

First congrats on your amazing loss so far!!

I think zig-zagging is the way to go, personally. I love that I can tally weekly, and that my body is always 'guessing' at where I am going to 'settle' so I haven't had a plateau yet (thank God).

Also, it is sooo much easier to have that serving of ice cream or that dinner out because I plan for lower calorie days in between so it all evens out.

Good luck and be gentle with yourself
MyBestYear is offline   Reply With Quote