Old 04-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #1  
Losing It In Colorado

S/C/G: 217/217/150

Height: 5' 9"

Default Cookbook Recommendations??

Hey All,

I have been on WW for just under 2 weeks. I would like to order a few of the WW cookbooks to help me stay on track and make my life a little easier! I am looking for quick, easy recipes to make during the week, I have a toddler so nothing overly complicated

I searched for WW cookbooks on Amazon.com, and am overwhelmed with options! If you have one (or more!) that you recommend, please let me know!

Thanks!
LosinitinCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/207.2/126

Height: 5'4.5

I have the Weightwatchers New Complete Cookbook that I got from Walmart, and I love, love, love it! Just the other day I made the Spicy Pork Stir Fry that even my fiance who doesn't care how many calories or fat is in his food thought was yummy. Tonight I'll be using it to make some baked chicken and mashed potatoes. I haven't tried any other WW books, but I adore this one.
squishysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/see ticker/145

I just bought Hungry Girl 200 recipes under 200 calories and there is so much food stuff!! its amazing!!! also there is a website if you google "ginas ww recipes" its the first link that comes up...she has a lot of good ones! Hope this helps!
kneed2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:36 PM   #4  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

My favorite WW cookbook is one that I found at the bargain bin at Borders. It's called Take Out Tonight and has recipes broken up by region/type, such as Mexican, Greek, Chinese, etc. I've never made anything from it that we didn't like. You can get it on Amazon pretty cheap: http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Watcher...2335708&sr=8-1
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:00 AM   #5  
Losing It In Colorado

S/C/G: 217/217/150

Thanks all! Per your recommendations, I have ordered the New WW Complete cookbook, Hungry Girl, and the Take Out Tonight, as well as a few others! They should be here in 2 days! Don't you love Amazon?!!! Looking forward to trying them all.

Thanks again,
Losing It In Colorado
LosinitinCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/155/150

Height: 5'8"

Here's something I do: I keep a small notebook in my kitchen, listing which recipes I like, what cookbook they are in (and the page number) and how many points. Then when I'm stumped for something for supper, I just go through the notebook. This has been really helpful because I don't have to go through all the books looking for a specific recipe. Also, it helps to make a notation of the recipes that my husband likes!
Old Schmoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:27 PM   #7  
TodayIsAboutMe

S/C/G: 246/237/175

Height: 5.5

Weight Watchers also has these mini cook book magazines. I always look for them in Walmart or Target. They are different from the actually W.W. magazine and only have recipes in them! The recipes are really current and REALLY good! Some of the best I have tried. So good my family has taken them from me! Just a helpful tidbit
Tiffany1282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #8  
Should Be Good

S/C/G: 209/206/145

I totally dig Chinese food. I've been learning how to cook from a wok.

Guess what? Chinese food can be healthy! I love a good stir fry. I can fry up a few veggies in a nice sauce and have something so yummy, it doesn't need meat.

I hate raw veggies (except for salad) so this is one of the best ways for me to get my veggies in.

One of my favorite food culture books is "Why the Chinese Don't Count Calories". Great book.
InkCreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 163.5/138.5/130

Height: 5'2

I just checked out the Hungry Girl cookbooks from the library. Soooooo copying recipes at work on my lunch break.

I am loving the 200 under 200. Def. worth looking at.
ThatGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote