Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default In a perfect world, what should a weight loss program & a maintenance program look li

I'm very limited on when and how I can work out. But I'm curious what the ideal fitness program looks like for weight loss and what it looks like for maintenance. I'm mostly interested in maintenace. I'm nearing the end of this journey and I'd like to get my maintenance fitness program figured out, I'm not sure it would even be that different anyway. Keep in mind though that I'm working out at 4:30am and don't have access to the gym at that hour so I'm really limited. Thanks.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:02 PM   #2  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Have you thought of asking your doc or a trainer to help you with designing a maintainence fitness/exercise plan?
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #3  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

You mean like some platonic ideal, as pure as a mathematical equation on a chalkboard, with all the ideal calories added up & all the ideal exercise calories burned subtracted, and with like brackets & parentheses around them?

If it's out there, I want to see it, too. Damn it, cough one up, somebody.

Me, I'm very pragmatic. So I always think it's the best I can do on a particular day in planning meals & eating, plus (or minus) the best I can do with exercise, based on schedule & also allowing for some kind of personal life.

Yours has to be pretty good already, given what you have accomplished. (Which is considerable!) I don't think maintenance will be much different from what you are already doing. Just keep doing it.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:13 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

We have a really great Maintenance Forum that would help you with the answer to that question...

But, I really don't think there is a cookie cutter answer to that question, but all of the maintainers experiences may help you...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote