Old 04-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/238/180

Height: 5'6

Default Today Marks 2 Weeks On Atkins-8 lbs gone!

Today is the end of the first 2 weeks on Atkins. I lost 5 1/2 pounds the first week and 2 1/2lbs the second week.

I remember losing about 11 lbs in the first 2 weeks last time I was on atkins (about 3 yrs ago) But Im still pleased with the results.

Of course, this is only the beginning as I have about 80lbs to lose but wow....8 is 10% of that...right?

Now I just need to do this 9 more times....

I know it will slow down now that the first 2 weeks are over, even though I plan to stay on induction. One thing I plan is to only weigh once a week. Last time I weighed every day and when the scale stopped showing a daily loss, I got bored and quit.

I have never been able to lose more than about 25lbs. I have been over 200 for my whole adult life. Ever since a time in my late teens when I was on medication for a long period. This medication caused tremendous weight gain and the weight didnt go away when I went off the meds..
I have tried many times to loose. Even doing a medically supervised fast at one time. I lost 30lbs and then got bored and quit (they raised the cost of the program so I said I couldnt afford it anymore)

I really want to stick with it this time as I am now 46 yrs old and have had high blood pressure for years. I really feel the stress my body is under from this wieght and I have 3 kids and 2 grandkids that I want to be here for.

Thanks for listening everyone!
wannabe domestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Awesome job! Keep it up...remember to visualize where you want to see yourself...keeps me focused.
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 08:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Goal: 140

Height: 5'7"

Hi I am new here and I am on Atkins. I was on Atkins 6 years ago and lost 85 pounds but gained it all back. I have been back on plan since 1/4/10 and I have lost about 33 pounds so far, 50-60 more to go on this journey. Good luck everyone!

233/200/140
Catmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 29 lbs. lost

Height: 5' 4"

Sounds like you are on your way. Congrats on your induction loss.

Congrats also to Catmandu on your loss.
SlowMovingWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/230/125

Default Congratualtions!

I have been on Atkins for 19 days now and lost 15 pounds. I lost that in the first two weeks, this third week I havent lost any, so weight loss has stalled, but I keep plugging on. Im not about to quit now. Hopefully Ill get through this and keep on keeping on. Im doing everything by the book so i know its nothing I am doing, its just my slow stinking metabolisim! lol
luvinthenewme is offline   Reply With Quote